Stormlight 3 %80 done on 1st draft

bdoble97

Around Bands of Mourning's release team Sanderson officially started calling the Wax and Wayne books era 2. Previously they'd used 1.5 or Wax and Wayne adventures, but the current canon is era 2. 

Yeah, Brandon has said that we can now think of Mistborn as having four eras, with Era 3 being the 1980's one and Era 4 being the sci-fi one with huge crossover potential. His most recent statement is that the Era 3 protagonist will be 'a code monkey involved in Scadrial's nerd culture' and elsewhere said she's planned to be a Terriswoman but that doesn't mean the teaser idea he's already given us about an 'allomantic SWAT team' isn't still perfectly valid, just that the planned protagonist has gone through a revision. Previously I think he'd said it was going to be a nicrosil misting.

1 hour ago, LeftVash said:

Around Bands of Mourning's release team Sanderson officially started calling the Wax and Wayne books era 2. Previously they'd used 1.5 or Wax and Wayne adventures, but the current canon is era 2. 

Actually Brandon and co started calling Wax & Wayne as Era 2 back during the Firefight release, when the Era system was instituted. Brandon briefly tried to change it to Era 1.5 November/December 2015 but changed back as of the release of BoM/SH.

2 hours ago, The One Who Connects said:

I've been shot down for the "1.5" thing before so.. Not too sure anymore

Well if thats wrong I guess Brandon doesn't know whats he's talking about ;). From State of Sanderson 2015:

The original pitch was for three trilogies. The Wax and Wayne books expanded this to four series. (You can imagine Wax and Wayne as series 1.5, if you want.) This means there will still be a contemporary trilogy, and a science fiction trilogy, in the future.

I would love a good epic space opera. 

4 hours ago, Ammanas said:

Is the only info we have on mistborn 3 is that it is scifi? I assume that mean FTL travel and visiting other cosmere worlds...

I wounder if we will see thw other plants of the cosmere. Will we meet new alien races that are not from shard planets. Could be amazing 

1 hour ago, Ammanas said:

Well if thats wrong I guess Brandon doesn't know whats he's talking about ;). From State of Sanderson 2015:

The original pitch was for three trilogies. The Wax and Wayne books expanded this to four series. (You can imagine Wax and Wayne as series 1.5, if you want.) This means there will still be a contemporary trilogy, and a science fiction trilogy, in the future.

As I said in my previous post, Brandon /briefly/ tried to change it to Era 1.5 during the time that post was written. As of the release of BoM/SH however it is officially Era 2 (and is referred to as such in the postscript of Secret History.

Just now, WeiryWriter said:

As I said in my previous post, Brandon /briefly/ tried to change it to Era 1.5 during the time that post was written. As of the release of BoM/SH however it is officially Era 2 (and is referred to as such in the postscript of Secret History.

Sorry I didn't see that until just now. I guess I stand corrected.

• 2 weeks later...

Question on the updates for SA 3 brandon said hes been sending in Part's as they're completed to speed up the editing process if i recall correctly, obviously I'd presume the artwork and suchlike is still yet to be completed but this means the books already in its second draft so when do we think it'll be published?

Im aware this'll probably be explained this years State of Sanderson(A.K.A. Koloss Head Munching Day), just wondering if anyone has any idea?
Also 98%!

@bluedeath33 We're still expecting it to be released in November 2017. He's been sending out parts as he's going along, but that basically reduces the time after the first draft from like a year and a half to about a year. There's a lot of art and production stuff that has to happen, and he still will do a couple more drafts of revisions before any of that stuff can happen.

98%!!! Ether he had a serious bout of inspiration, or he's decided to finish it before Christmas so he can rest a bit for the holidays... Ether way, we love ya for it Brandon!

...I seriously need this new book... I'm already on my 8th reread of the first two books... I say reread but I guess it's re listen since I have the audio versions so I can listen while I'm at work...

Edited by DarkJester

1 hour ago, DarkJester said:

98%!!! Ether he had a serious bout of inspiration, or he's decided to finish it before Christmas so he can rest a bit for the holidays... Ether way, we love ya for it Brandon!

...I seriously need this new book... I'm already on my 8th reread of the first two books... I say reread but I guess it's re listen since I have the audio versions so I can listen while I'm at work...

I know i did a reread of the 1st 2 SA books started back at the end of August and have been reading all of his other cosmere stuff on Hero of Ages right now 

• Chaos locked this topic