Well, I'm here now

Orithiya

Well, hey, everyone. Like a lot of you I'm a cosmere nerd. That's why I'm here after all! My favorite cosmere (trilogy? Work? Series?) is definitely Scadrial Era 2. I've read all of the major books, don't worry. So yeah! Ever since I read that last book, one theory had been bouncing around my head about the Bands of Mourning and nicrosil feruchemy in general. Any ideas for where I should put that? (Oh yeah, I'm PizzaT by the way. Hiya!)

Hello, PizzaTardis and welcome to the shard! Don't take the cookies and you'll get along fine here. As for your question, I would put that theory into the Mistborn section, though it it relates to the Cosmere as a whole then it should be in the Cosmere theories. Do you know about the Cosmere?

Edited by Assassin in Burgundy

5 hours ago, PizzaTardis said:

Well, hey, everyone. Like a lot of you I'm a cosmere nerd. That's why I'm here after all! My favorite cosmere (trilogy? Work? Series?) is definitely Scadrial Era 2. I've read all of the major books, don't worry. So yeah! Ever since I read that last book, one theory had been bouncing around my head about the Bands of Mourning and nicrosil feruchemy in general. Any ideas for where I should put that? (Oh yeah, I'm PizzaT by the way. Hiya!)

Hi there, PizzaTARDIS! I'm bleeder. I wear vests and rant about music. 

Era Two is pretty great. Mistborn as a whole is my favorite Cosmere series.

Welcome to the Shard! You'll make new friends here, and get lots of headaches. 

If you ever need anything, give me a shout! 

Also... don't eat the cookies. Don't touch the cookies. Do not acknowledge the existence of the cookies. For your own safety. They'll Ruin your life.

9 hours ago, PizzaTardis said:

Well hello and welcome to the 17th Shard Forums! I hope you have a nice stay while here. Have an upvote and some cookies (note: upvote goes best with the cookies)

thTI3O1M2B.jpg

19 minutes ago, PizzaTardis said:

Why am I getting mixed messages here?... Are you implying that the essence of a Shard (such as Ruin) could manifest in multiple ways? Atium, and these... cookies? Fascinating!

But really, what the heck is going on?

Let's sum it up to: If you walk through a metal detector with these cookies on your person, the metal detector will go off and you will not be allowed to board your flight. 

Just don't eat the cookies. 

7 hours ago, PizzaTardis said:

But really, what the heck is going on?

(Mistborn era 1 for any visitors to the thread, though I'm confident everyone here knows)

Spoiler

They're filled with hemalurgic spikes. I would not suggest partaking.

Ah. Wait, that makes the spikes useless! They have to touch your blood! (Right?) So that's just a waste of murder! Also, my pants set off the scanner once. I've had some experience here.

Edited by PizzaTardis
Forgot pants story

On 11/7/2016 at 4:33 PM, PizzaTardis said:

Ah. Wait, that makes the spikes useless! They have to touch your blood! (Right?) So that's just a waste of murder! Also, my pants set off the scanner once. I've had some experience here.

I've set off a scanner with my pants myself. :D

The spikes are not useless at all: when the cookies are digested they pierce the target in the stomach. Completely invisible to observers, nearly impossible to remove, and no chance of granting/stealing any powers.

Edited by Elenion
typo

Wait, wouldn't there be problems with stomach acid? Your stomach lining has to renew itself every 4 days to avoid acid leaking into the rest of your body... Basically what I'm saying is that every cookie has to have a Thug or Bloodmaker spike, meaning you need plenty of pewter or filled goldminds in the cookie. Basically, these cookies would taste really really bad and give you extra ulcers that you can shrug off or give you plain, straight-up ulcers. So... don't eat?

Hey, I don't want ulcers either. Wait... metal is really bad to get in your blood so you would get ulcers and death by toxin. How do the inquisitors not get poisoned? Is just dissolved metal in the bloodstream bad? If you ground up a spike and put it in your blood would it still work? It's touching your blood... are there any bind points in the arteries and veins?...

I'll stop now.

• 2 weeks later...