Artist, will work for food

dead-moth

Hello. 

I'm moth, or Brenna if you want to be fancy and use my real name. I am an artist. I draw things! 

I love the cosmere. I also love Sazed. He is the best one.

Some fun facts:

I haven't read Sixth of the Dusk or SFSITFH yet, but I got them on audiobook and am absolutely too excited to listen to them. I have a particular fondness for birds. I do theater and keep bees and yell about politics. I am unusually likely to see shooting stars. I am allergic to pineapple. I love pineapple. 

My username was taken from a proverb that I heard somewhere in a dream once: "Don't yell at dead moths".

Hello! Welcome to the forums! Have an upvote! I'm usually faster to respond than this, but my email notifications keep breaking for some reason.

What Cosmere books have you read? All of them but the 2 you mentioned? Which are your favorite? My favorite is Mistborn, and I really like Sazed as well (although I prefer Ten Soon :P)

People may try to commission drawings for cookies. Don't take them. While the cookies are excellent sources of steel, iron, copper, zinc, bronze, gold, atium, etc., they tend to be detrimental to both your free will and spirit. One could say that they'd Ruin your life. :ph34r:

Edited by Bugsy6912

@Bugsy6912 Hello! Thanks for being so friendly!

I've read all of them but those two, yes. My favorite is probably Mistborn, but I have a special soft spot for Elantris because it was my first Cosmere book! 

I appreciate the warning, wise traveler. I will make sure only to accept healthy food as payment, like asparagus or cheesecake.

1 minute ago, dead-moth said:

I've read all of them but those two, yes. My favorite is probably Mistborn, but I have a special soft spot for Elantris because it was my first Cosmere book! 

I appreciate the warning, wise traveler. I will make sure only to accept healthy food as payment, like asparagus or cheesecake.

No problem! I think (and hope) you'll find we're a predominantly friendly community. We're always happy to see new members :) 

Elantris was pretty good as well. I prefer the writing style he shows in some of his later works, but I really liked the plot there. 

You can accept any food you come across, so long as you bring it through a metal detector before eating it. You should be safe from the spikes that way :P 

3 minutes ago, Bugsy6912 said:

No problem! I think (and hope) you'll find we're a predominantly friendly community. We're always happy to see new members :) 

Elantris was pretty good as well. I prefer the writing style he shows in some of his later works, but I really liked the plot there. 

You can accept any food you come across, so long as you bring it through a metal detector before eating it. You should be safe from the spikes that way :P 

Thanks!! I'm glad to be here. I am excited to meet everyone. 

I will keep a metal detector handy at all times ...... 

9 minutes ago, dead-moth said:

I'm sorry but I have only cookies and upvotes to offer so I give both

thNGKY8775.jpg

@Mesa the Ooklamight have some cake or something like that.

35 minutes ago, Bugsy6912 said:

Except for me. I am grumpy and live with a permanent scowl on my face.

4 minutes ago, dead-moth said:

I'm sorry, Vasher. Must be a depressing way to live.

:D

My perpetual expectation that everyone is a disappointment brings me endless joy when people turn out to be disappointments. 

I could try to joke about my only real companion being my sword, but I think that's just a tad heavy on the sexual innuendo side...

1 hour ago, Argent said:

My perpetual expectation that everyone is a disappointment brings me endless joy when people turn out to be disappointments. 

I could try to joke about my only real companion being my sword, but I think that's just a tad heavy on the sexual innuendo side...

Just a tad. Tiny, tiny tad. 

1 hour ago, Argent said:

Wow, Argent, nice. You not only made an innuendo, you did it in a way that makes you look innocent and also makes sure everyone gets that it's one. Bravo :P 

6 minutes ago, dead-moth said:

Interesting choice of words :P 

13 minutes ago, Bugsy6912 said:

Wow, Argent, nice. You not only made an innuendo, you did it in a way that makes you look innocent and also makes sure everyone gets that it's one. Bravo :P 

I think that's the best way - it shows off how clever I am, but doesn't make me look crass. 

21 minutes ago, dead-moth said:

I like you :) 

4 hours ago, dead-moth said:

Hello. 

I'm moth, or Brenna if you want to be fancy and use my real name. I am an artist. I draw things! 

I love the cosmere. I also love Sazed. He is the best one.

Some fun facts:

I haven't read Sixth of the Dusk or SFSITFH yet, but I got them on audiobook and am absolutely too excited to listen to them. I have a particular fondness for birds. I do theater and keep bees and yell about politics. I am unusually likely to see shooting stars. I am allergic to pineapple. I love pineapple. 

My username was taken from a proverb that I heard somewhere in a dream once: "Don't yell at dead moths".

Hello, dead moth! Your username is very cool. 

I am bleeder. It's funny because I have diabetes. You can usually find me frequenting the General Discussion board, ranting about music and other completely unrelated nonsense.

You seem fun. Welcome to our Shard. Make friends, don't eat the cookies.

If you ever need anything, give me a shout.

2 hours ago, dead-moth said:

Thanks!! I'm glad to be here. I am excited to meet everyone. 

I will keep a metal detector handy at all times ...... 

I am excited to meet you!

Welcome to the community...you moth! (may sound like an insult...or a compliment...whichever you prefer)
I am DroughtBringer, I am a human...yep...a human...

WELCOME THOUGH!
good job not taking cookies,
A metal detector might come in handy here...wish I had thought of that...

Hi

Hello?

*Language speech word stuffs here*

37 minutes ago, DroughtBringer said:

I am excited to meet you!

Welcome to the community...you moth! (may sound like an insult...or a compliment...whichever you prefer)
I am DroughtBringer, I am a human...yep...a human...

WELCOME THOUGH!
good job not taking cookies,
A metal detector might come in handy here...wish I had thought of that...

Hi

Hello?

*Language speech word stuffs here*

hello, definitely a human! Pleased to meet you. :)

38 minutes ago, bleeder said:

Hello, dead moth! Your username is very cool. 

I am bleeder. It's funny because I have diabetes. You can usually find me frequenting the General Discussion board, ranting about music and other completely unrelated nonsense.

You seem fun. Welcome to our Shard. Make friends, don't eat the cookies.

If you ever need anything, give me a shout.

Thank you! I am excited to be here. 

23 minutes ago, Secrets said:

Don't worry! I have even better ones! In fact I have a cookie that is... very special...  for confidential reasons. Note: this one isn't a strong source of iron... that's all I'll say

images.jpg

Looks delicious. Dunno what it'll do to me but I'm sure it will be worth it

9 minutes ago, dead-moth said:

Thank you kindly. I like you, too. 

I'm going to like it here!

Considering that you are probably already spiked, I doubt you have much control over that... 

I've never understood where the whole thing with the spiked cookies came from, or why it's still a thing. But that's probably because I am grumpy and scowly. 

1 minute ago, Argent said:

Considering that you are probably already spiked, I doubt you have much control over that... 

I've never understood where the whole thing with the spiked cookies came from, or why it's still a thing. But that's probably because I am grumpy and scowly. 

I'm not spiked, that's ridiculous. I'm sure the mildly distressing voice in my head is normal.