So.... Been here a couple months now and even though I've participated in the cookie hazing from time to time, I'm really at a loss for the lurker/baker/dark alley references. 

If anyone could fill me in with a pm or otherwise without Ruining (see what I did there?) the gag for other newcomers, I would greatly appreciate it. 

Other than the rest of Warbreaker (I'm about 100 pages in) I've finished the rest of the Cosmere and can't recall any mention of hemalurgy being used in food. I'm more than likely just being extremely obtuse here, but there's always another secret and I can't figure this one out. 

4 hours ago, AngelEy3 said:

So.... Been here a couple months now and even though I've participated in the cookie hazing from time to time, I'm really at a loss for the lurker/baker/dark alley references. 

If anyone could fill me in with a pm or otherwise without Ruining (see what I did there?) the gag for other newcomers, I would greatly appreciate it. 

Other than the rest of Warbreaker (I'm about 100 pages in) I've finished the rest of the Cosmere and can't recall any mention of hemalurgy being used in food. I'm more than likely just being extremely obtuse here, but there's always another secret and I can't figure this one out. 

I don't think it's actually used in food anywhere in the book canon... I think members of the DA just started offering cookies to new members as a joke. It's been going on at least as long as I've been on the Shard. (I joined in January 2016.)

6 hours ago, AngelEy3 said:

Man, I joined in August 2015 and it's been around forever. I just warn against it so the DA doesn't get the satisfaction of having torn another soul into wee bits :/

9 hours ago, bleeder said:

Man, I joined in August 2015 and it's been around forever. I just warn against it so the DA doesn't get the satisfaction of having torn another soul into wee bits :/

I found you!

We don't tear souls into bits, we only rip them into pieces and stick them to other people

• Chaos locked this topic