Random Stuff X: Something Weird

soyperson

15 minutes ago, Deliiiiiightful said:

That's funny, I thought there was much more male body type diversity because girls are all Thin And Pretty while men can be human. 

Chris Evans? Chris Hemsworth? Dwayne Johnson? 

Yeah, it is sort of the reverse of what you'd think, isn't it? I think the reason might have something to do with girls being easier to draw.

I finished sketching out their shapes. Could I get some critiques on this? You don't have be an astounding artist, you just need to know what people look like.

Spoiler

image.jpeg

Muscles are so difficult . . . Also, these are meant as specific characters, not a representation of the 4 most common body types.

2 hours ago, The Honor Spren said:

Agh. Reference photos for male body types are so hard to find! References for female body types are all over the place, because All Women are Beautiful™ but all the references for guys look the same.

I get the feeling this might say something about our society, but all I want is a reference for a guy who has a broad build without being fat. 

*sigh I know how you feel lol. Though I find females harder to draw lmao.

20 minutes ago, The Honor Spren said:

Yeah, it is sort of the reverse of what you'd think, isn't it? I think the reason might have something to do with girls being easier to draw.

I finished sketching out their shapes. Could I get some critiques on this? You don't have be an astounding artist, you just need to know what people look like.

Hide contents

image.jpeg

Muscles are so difficult . . . Also, these are meant as specific characters, not a representation of the 4 most common body types.

Hmmm, the last three are perfectly fine.

The first one's lower body and legs are the only problem really. Think of a trapezoid when drawing buff males. And we don't usually have that large a thigh gap :P 

Females are like triangles, men, upside down triangles.

On 2/28/2017 at 2:05 PM, Oversleep said:

Hey, no fair! The most damage we can do is... get a few computers infected? You chemists mess something up and stuff's explodin'. We can't compare to that.

Unless somebody storms something up in security or databases and a lot can storm up.

Bear in mind that this was freshman chemistry - EVERY engineering and sciences student had to take it.  Everyone.  Chem, Physics, EE, ME, CompSci - everyone. :D

2 minutes ago, Kaymyth said:

Bear in mind that this was freshman chemistry - EVERY engineering and sciences student had to take it.  Everyone.  Chem, Physics, EE, ME, CompSci - everyone. :D

Wait, what?

Are we talking about university? (I tend to confuse different parts of american education system...)

Seriously though, there's some serious body image issue things for guys in our society that nobody talks about. 

Like seriously. 

But yeah, drawing wise guys don't really have thigh gaps. If the guy has any real muscle or fat in the legs. My jeans are a testament to this. 

(Massive note: male body image issues are so engrained, I wrote 'any real muscle' there, without thinking. 30 seconds after talking about male body image issues. Leaving as a societal point.)

Edited by Erunion
Just realization

11 minutes ago, Erunion said:

Seriously though, there's some serious body image issue things for guys in our society that nobody talks about. 

Like seriously. 

But yeah, drawing wise guys don't really have thigh gaps. If the guy has any real muscle or fat in the legs. My jeans are a testament to this. 

(Massive note: male body image issues are so engrained, I wrote 'any real muscle' there, without thinking. 30 seconds after talking about male body image issues. Leaving as a societal point.)

It's true. There are unrealistic expectations for both sexes, and I think that striving for a positive portrayal of all body types, for men and women alike, is what should happen. 

(Sorry for the Yoda-like phrasing there at the end. The caffeine isn't really working. :wacko:

Just now, The Honor Spren said:

Thanks @Erunion@Darkness Ascendant. ^_^ 

Yeah, that guy on the left has some major issues, but it was my first time. 乁(ツ)ㄏ I'll get better.

Overall, it's really good!
If you want different body types; google images of strongmen competitions vs. bodybuilders. Completely different body types. 

Basically, for different, classic body types, look at olympians for different events. A long distance runner and a sprinter are built completely differently. Both are built differently from a Taekwondo guy, who is different from a boxer. All of these are far different from a heavy weight lifter, or a shot-putter, or a high-jumper, or a rower.
And those are all just athletes, not counting average people who aren't at their physical peak. 

I fell in love with a song. Mainly because of it's text. The song is in Polish and while listening to it I wondered. Would I enjoy it if I didn't understand a word?

So I'd like you to tell me what do you think of this song:

Spoiler

14 minutes ago, Mestiv said:

I fell in love with a song. Mainly because of it's text. The song is in Polish and while listening to it I wondered. Would I enjoy it if I didn't understand a word?

So I'd like you to tell me what do you think of this song:

Reveal hidden contents

The music itself was pleasant, though as I didn't understand a thing she was saying I just tuned that part out and had it in the background while I did other things.

But I did like it. :) 

I want to jump in and add my support to "society is messed up regarding men too". 

Like, if you're interested in working with children you must be a paedophile. If you're a woman, oh that's just your natural nurturing instincts. 

I don't think it's equally bad; male representation is far far more broad and complex than female representation in general, and many stories seem to be "ugly socially awkward guy with no personality saves the day and Gets The Girl (ugh) because he's The Chosen One,

But yes. There is definitely a problem and it definitely needs fixing.

Actually that's why Newt scamander is such an awesome character. He's all heart and no brawn. 

The topic's moved past this by now, but I figured y'all might be interested in this:

Spoiler

image.jpeg

I changed the big guy's proportions some, gave them all clothes, inked it, and colored in the skin. I'll color the rest tomorrow; my neck and wrist are both sore. (Just ignore the hands)

Edited by The Honor Spren