Random Stuff X: Something Weird

soyperson

Just now, Darkness Ascendant said:

Yeah, I see what you mean. I don't have too much time to draw these days either <_<

You should have seen all the junk I made during the US presidential election last November... LOTS of stress relief going on then, but I haven't shown them to anyone outside my immediate family because I know it'd just start a flame war. XD

1 hour ago, The Honor Spren said:
  Hide contents

Does anyone feel like discussing this video with me? I really liked its message of seeing everybody as human beings with reasons for their beliefs. It reminded me of the great community we have here. :) 

I would be down to. 

I enjoyed listening to the almost Marxist-philosophical story of how her upbringing shaped who she was for the first 20 years of her life. It's a very interesting, compelling talk.

1 hour ago, The Honor Spren said:
  Hide contents

Does anyone feel like discussing this video with me? I really liked its message of seeing everybody as human beings with reasons for their beliefs. It reminded me of the great community we have here. :) 

It's indeed a fantastic video. The message of giving people a second chance, allowing them to build a new life and repair the damage they may have caused, is something I think the world needs right now. Kindness is more powerful than many people seem to think—powerful enough to pull someone out of evil's grasp, to turn an enemy into an ally. 

3 hours ago, The Honor Spren said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I really like that video, it reminds me something I heard somewhere, about all of us just being human doing our best, I can't remenber the exact wording, also how powerful an argued conversation can be, how it can approach different points of view.

2 minutes ago, Orlion On a Cob said:

A month behind?  You'll never catch up! 

I'm sure this isn't entirely serious... but double shipping means I have missed quite a few books. Actually, I think I was running a little behind before then anway, but I'm at least... jeez, at least ten issues behind, maybe more? I'm trying to collect too many series...

And then Marvel had to go and release new books that have my attention! Argh! I need to get  ajob at one of those company's, just so I can read books at a discount. You know, for research. :ph34r:

9 minutes ago, Quiver said:

I just realized I haven't bought any comics in about a month. My funds have just been so tight that I haven't been able to justify any purchases.

I am in danger of losing my comic nerd street cred.

Thats basically impossible dude. You ARE the comic nerd.

3 minutes ago, Quiver said:

I'm sure this isn't entirely serious... but double shipping means I have missed quite a few books. Actually, I think I was running a little behind before then anway, but I'm at least... jeez, at least ten issues behind, maybe more? I'm trying to collect too many series...

And then Marvel had to go and release new books that have my attention! Argh! I need to get  ajob at one of those company's, just so I can read books at a discount. You know, for research. :ph34r:

That is an excellent idea. Particularly if they'll pay for you to relocate. Or pay enough for you to afford relocating. In all seriousness, you should look into that. 

2 minutes ago, Delightful said:

That is an excellent idea. Particularly if they'll pay for you to relocate. Or pay enough for you to afford relocating. In all seriousness, you should look into that. 

In all seriousness, I have. Sort of. It, uh... didn't work out well.

For full details:

There's a UK comic company, 2000AD. They generally publish science fiction stories; they are actually the guys who publish Judge Dredd. A lot of big name writers have gotten their start there, including Alan Moore and Grant Morrison, and they run submission-seeking periods throughout the year.

I've tried submitting to them and... each time, I failed to actually get a script made up. I talk a good game, but actual writing is... somewhat beyond me.

4 minutes ago, Quiver said:

In all seriousness, I have. Sort of. It, uh... didn't work out well.

For full details:

Hide contents

There's a UK comic company, 2000AD. They generally publish science fiction stories; they are actually the guys who publish Judge Dredd. A lot of big name writers have gotten their start there, including Alan Moore and Grant Morrison, and they run submission-seeking periods throughout the year.

I've tried submitting to them and... each time, I failed to actually get a script made up. I talk a good game, but actual writing is... somewhat beyond me.

Marketing? Idea generating? Do you have any skills that could be put to work either at some boring old company OR a comics company, so you may as well go for the comics? Management? Sales? Security of wherever the comics are kept before they're released? Can you do art? There must be a million different jobs necessary for the production of comics and they're not all writing. And we all know your broad concepts are awesome. 

1 minute ago, Delightful said:

I'm at that stupid late hour in which I have to decide wether to shower, eat, or sleep. 

Stupid biology :P 

#adulting

#nailingit

Go have a sandwich while taking a shower. Multitasking is cool :)