Random Stuff X: Something Weird

soyperson

2 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

Let's start pooling money to get twi a trip around the world heh. 

Count me in, I've never been outside the US either. Just pay for an extra carry-on, I'll ride in a suitcase.

Edited by bleeder

1 hour ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

My heart says yes, but my wallet says no. -_- 

England and Denmark buddies? :P 

Can I join your England/Denmark group? I, too, am a delicious pastry.

(Get it? Danish? I'll show myself out.)

I have a lot of Viking blood as well. You can really tell by the aggressive way I eat corn chips.

It only took me way too long but I finally reverse engineered a menu that I've always wanted the forums to have. I only stayed up way past my bedtime to figure it out.

You'll see it soon, as well as a few more site updates very very soon.

5 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

Spent the day wandering Sydney cos my mum had a meeting at a hotel there, had to go to the hotel tho in the end so I spent the day reading really weird and old books in the hotel's small but strange library.

IMG_1225.JPG

IMG_1226.JPG

That one was a *very* strange read. 

3 hours ago, A Budgie said:

@Darkness Ascendant ...I'm asuming by 'magic' they mean belief...either that, or you may have stumbled into the secrect magical world that lies hidden inside our world and has been documented in a thousand slightly different ways by different books.

There are people who do practice magic in the modern day; I know that Alan Moore and Grant Morrison, for instance, both fall into that category, though I don't know enough about their beliefs or about that stuff in general to comment on it.

Basically, that book could, in fact, be talking about MAGIC, rather than magic being a synonym for something else.

(Or it could be talking about the historical context of magical practices and how they related to political ideas, whether in the context of rulers being divine (like Egyptian Pharaohs) or representatives of such (as Christian kings were supposed to be). There's a lot of stuff that a book with that title could be talking about.) 

2 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

I'm in Children's today. 

''Tis a strange place. The books are so small and they are so numerous. And the easy reader section is organized by some system that was probably not devised by human minds. :mellow:

... I have no idea why, but I'm suddenly reminded of the Kindergarteners from Recess.

... You know, Recess? That old Disney cartoon, about the school kids?

God I'm old

13 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Recess was my favorite show growing up and I am not ashamed to say it. 

6 minutes ago, Edgedancer said:

Just googled it and I know the show. Disneys Große Pause. Very fond place in my heart. :ph34r: 

I grew up watching a lot more of the shows that aired on Cartoon Network rather than Disney Channel; we didn't have Disney for years, and by the time we did...

That being said, there were shows on Disney I did like, including Recess (and Kim Possible); it's just that by then, I started feeling kind of self-conscious about watching them. :ph34r:

so the book talks about how (spoilered for sexual and strange metaphors)

Spoiler

The soul is a penis and death is castration

And that magicians

Spoiler

Use blood/water etc which represent seminal fluid. And release magic and stuff and it's all weird and icky and disgusting. And magic is the castration of the power. I'm  both glad and not glad I read it. Gave me some good ideas, but had to go through some harrowing experiences to get them :P 

Edited by Darkness Ascendant

3 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

To hail the mighty Glow Cloud. 

All hail.

@bleeder I'm so jealous. I tried to get my mom to let my brother and me buy tickets to the one in DC, but we had something going on that day. <_< 

Edit: @Darkness Ascendant You should really say the reason those are in spoilers, so people don't just click on it, thinking it's an image.

Edited by The Honor Spren

3 minutes ago, The Honor Spren said:

I'm so jealous. I tried to get my mom to let my brother and me buy tickets to the one in DC, but we had something going on that day. <_< 

It's coming to NOLA in July and I've already bought my ticket. Not to mention that we get Jason Webley ("Pyramid," one of the best songs they've featured, in my opinion) to do the weather. This is gonna be fun. ^_^ 

3 minutes ago, bleeder said:

Guys the show was amazing.

Symphony Sanders high fived me. 

I got a t-shirt and a poster.

No selfies with the cast, but plenty of good photos I'll try to upload by tomorrow.

If you have the chance to go see this show, do it.

Well, this is convincing :P

I'm waiting for UK tickets to get released. Soon as they do, I'll be snagging a set and booking a week off of work.