Random Stuff X: Something Weird

soyperson

14 minutes ago, A Budgie said:

@Slowswift I don't really listen to Imagine Dragons, so I don't know the original version of this song, but this is nicely done.

It's quite a contrast to the original, actually. The original's all angsty and dark, and a quite heavier, and this one is a lot mellower, almost chilling, or should I say somber? Both are great, though.

Edited by Slowswift

2 minutes ago, Slowswift said:

It's quite a contrast to the original, actually. The original's all angsty and dark, and this one is a lot mellower, almost chilling. Both are great, though.

Okay. Yeah, I liked the tone of that version.

8 hours ago, Slowswift said:

Gorgeousness

What version of the song is this? I have YouTube restricted because of my parents, so I can't even see what the video is. If it's Imagine Dragons, I wanna listen to it.

8 hours ago, Slowswift said:

It's quite a contrast to the original, actually. The original's all angsty and dark, and a quite heavier, and this one is a lot mellower, almost chilling, or should I say somber? Both are great, though.

What's the script in your signature? It looks like half Hebrew half something else. Where is it from?

2 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

Felecity also got annoying real fast @Delightfully Smoak :P 

So far I think she's awesome, I'm on season 2. I'll let you know if my opinion changes :)

11 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

What version of the song is this? I have YouTube restricted because of my parents, so I can't even see what the video is. If it's Imagine Dragons, I wanna listen to it.

It's a cello cover of Believer. 

6 hours ago, Delightfully Smoak said:

What's the script in your signature? It looks like half Hebrew half something else. Where is it from?

Click the link underneath it that says, "THE SCRIPT". That'll take you to the source. ;) 

5 hours ago, Slowswift said:

It's a cello cover of Believer. 

Click the link underneath it that says, "THE SCRIPT". That'll take you to the source. ;) 

Wait, how have I not heard of that song? Is it from their latest album? Maybe that's why, because I haven't listened to tem in awhile.

18 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

Wait, how have I not heard of that song? Is it from their latest album? Maybe that's why, because I haven't listened to tem in awhile.

It's the single from their yet-to-announce-any-details-whatsoever-but-apparently-upcoming album. :P 

So, @Quiver and I were talking/ranting about Harry Potter, and I wound up mentioning that, according to Pottermore, a Malfoy ancestor had had designs on marrying Queen Elizabeth I. Quiver pointed out the connection to the Tenth Doctor there, and while I'm not entirely sure how all the ancestry stuff would work out, but….well, I wrote a thing. 

Spoiler

One minute Draco was staring at the Vanishing Cupboard, seemingly damaged beyond repair. The next, he was stumbling back from the giant blue box that landed on it. 

There were a few things he could say to such an event. Oh God oh God oh God was one of them. The box had utterly obliterated what was left of the Cupboard, purchased at such great expense, and now it was gone—and with it his chances of pleasing the Dark Lord. What the bloody hell was another one, but at the moment, his mind was too rattled from the big blue box suddenly appearing in a school cast with so many anti-Apparition spells he was surprised Apparating wizards weren't automatically repelled into the sea. So what he stammered out was a good deal less coherent than anything he might have otherwise said. 

Just as he righted himself, and just before he began to gather his thoughts, the door swung open and a man's head poked out. That it was actually connected to the rest of him struck Draco as only slightly odd, though not at all unwelcome. His brown hair looked a bit mussed, his blue suit a tad rumpled, but his face broke into a grin when his eyes snagged on Draco. 

"Oh, good. There you are. Come now, get in. We don't have much time." 

Somehow, by some miracle, Draco found his voice, if not the words to match it. "Get…get in?" 

"Yes, into the TARDIS. Like I said, we haven't much time—" 

"The…?" 

The wide and bright smile dimmed. "What, you're saying your parents never told you about the TARDIS?" 

"….TARDIS?" 

Now the smile was gone, replaced by a furrowed brow and a frown of consternation. The stranger stepped all the way out of the box—the TARDIS, apparently—and stepped forward until he was close enough that Draco could've seized the buttons on his suit. He didn't, though. When a powerful stranger stepped that close, you kept as much distance as you could. "You're saying that your parents never once told you about your great-great-great-great-I'm-really-getting-bored-listing-all-these-greats grandfather?" 

Draco Malfoy was sixteen. His voice had broken years before, repairing itself more quickly than those belonging to some of his peers, though still too slowly for his liking. But when he spoke, it was in an ungodly half-tenor half-soprano combination not heard since he was fourteen. 

"My what?" 

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

9 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

So, @Quiver and I were talking/ranting about Harry Potter, and I wound up mentioning that, according to Pottermore, a Malfoy ancestor had had designs on marrying Queen Elizabeth I. Quiver pointed out the connection to the Tenth Doctor there, and while I'm not entirely sure how all the ancestry stuff would work out, but….well, I wrote a thing. 

Hide contents

One minute Draco was staring at the Vanishing Cupboard, seemingly damaged beyond repair. The next, he was stumbling back from the giant blue box that landed on it. 

There were a few things he could say to such an event. Oh God oh God oh God was one of them. The box had utterly obliterated what was left of the Cupboard, purchased at such great expense, and now it was gone—and with it his chances of pleasing the Dark Lord. What the bloody hell was another one, but at the moment, his mind was too rattled from the big blue box suddenly appearing in a school cast with so many anti-Apparition spells he was surprised Apparating wizards weren't automatically repelled into the sea. So what he stammered out was a good deal less coherent than anything he might have otherwise said. 

Just as he righted himself, and just before he began to gather his thoughts, the door swung open and a man's head poked out. That it was actually connected to the rest of him struck Draco as only slightly odd, though not at all unwelcome. His brown hair looked a bit mussed, his blue suit a tad rumpled, but his face broke into a grin when his eyes snagged on Draco. 

"Oh, good. There you are. Come now, get in. We don't have much time." 

Somehow, by some miracle, Draco found his voice, if not the words to match it. "Get…get in?" 

"Yes, into the TARDIS. Like I said, we haven't much time—" 

"The…?" 

The wide and bright smile dimmed. "What, you're saying your parents never told you about the TARDIS?" 

"….TARDIS?" 

Now the smile was gone, replaced by a furrowed brow and a frown of consternation. The stranger stepped all the way out of the box—the TARDIS, apparently—and stepped forward until he was close enough that Draco could've seized the buttons on his suit. He didn't, though. When a powerful stranger stepped that close, you kept as much distance as you could. "You're saying that your parents never once told you about your great-great-great-great-I'm-really-getting-bored-listing-all-these-greats grandfather?" 

Draco Malfoy was sixteen. His voice had broken years before, repairing itself more quickly than those belonging to some of his peers, though still too slowly for his liking. But when he spoke, it was in an ungodly half-tenor half-soprano combination not heard since he was fourteen. 

"My what?" 

I want this to be a full fanfic. It's genius.

You guys ever wonder if, when humanity makes first contact, aliens are going to look at our sci-fi and be terribly offended? Like...

"By the third sunheart, I can't elieve you people thought we'd act that way! We have more important things to do than invade and uplift species, you know!"

23 minutes ago, Quiver said:

You guys ever wonder if, when humanity makes first contact, aliens are going to look at our sci-fi and be terribly offended? Like...

"By the third sunheart, I can't elieve you people thought we'd act that way! We have more important things to do than invade and uplift species, you know!"

Depends on how far into the future it is, I suppose. As is, we sometimes laugh at earlier sci-fi books at how incorrect they are. Plus, if the aliens have a sense of humour, we may all laugh about how silly some of the early ideas are.
Alternatively, they might have had similar ideas...that would be amusing. I'd like to see what their versions of alien movies are like.

4 hours ago, The Honor Spren said:

I want this to be a full fanfic. It's genius.

I was actually considering it. :ph34r: 

2 minutes ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

Why thank you. ^_^ Fun fact: the image took a minute to load, so at first I thought you'd tagged me in a blank post, which….kind of spooked me, not gonna lie. :P