Random Stuff X: Something Weird

soyperson

Just finished packing for my first big con. It's quarter past 3 a.m. I'm not sure I have what I intended to take and I'm not sure what things I should take in the first place... *yawn*

I spent like 30 minutes picking T-shirts :mellow: I finally went with Ezio from Assassin's Creed, Aang & Korra from Avatar and Elrics from Fullmetal Alchemist. Shame I don't have my cosmere T-shirt anymore.

Edited by Oversleep

Continued from the back posts....haha get it? :P 

I went to the physic today ( as recommended by my mum) and I got my back strapped I feel a bit like a parcel, but I hope it works! XD

Thanks for all your advice everyone. I love you fellow shaders!:wub::wub:

17 minutes ago, AnanasSpren said:

Playing Breath of the Wild, needed a horse for a task so was running around looking for one and started mumbling automatically "A horse, a horse! My kingdom for a horse!" Gave myself a good chuckle when I realised I said it

For a second there I was wondering what the budgie a horse had to do with Name of the Wind.

10 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

IMG_1569.thumb.JPG.d72d6b9c9c771e82cf9a3a8fae8fed42.JPG

In all honesty, I have mixed feelings on this.

It's a good piece of artwork for a Dark Lord character; I particularly like the lines around the eyes. I'm not sure if it's intentionally, or just the style, but it looks like energy is crackling out form his helm, which is neat.

... but...
It's not how I view Melkor. It isn't how I view Morgoth, for that matter. For Sauron -especially Sauron when in full Dark Lord mode, alá Last Alliance- it's perfect, and more or less how I picture the guy. But it's not how I see Melkor. So...

I have a "Where's Waldo?" picture for you guys.

IMG_1658_Snowy_Plovers.thumb.JPG.c9b5f0dbfbe02302aba7c6d61a5694d1.JPG

There are two birds on that beach. Solution under the spoiler:

Spoiler

IMG_1658_Snowy_Plovers_Circled.thumb.jpg.0e8820f20d1dd4165326f7a2bd5c71f3.jpg

And here's a closer look that crops out about 80% of the photo.

IMG_1658_Snowy_Plovers_Supercrop_Circled.thumb.jpg.514ce7209c9a330fe32636965de251f2.jpg

These little guys are called Snowy Plovers, and I spotted them all by myself. :D

3 minutes ago, Quiver said:

In all honesty, I have mixed feelings on this.

It's a good piece of artwork for a Dark Lord character; I particularly like the lines around the eyes. I'm not sure if it's intentionally, or just the style, but it looks like energy is crackling out form his helm, which is neat.

... but...
It's not how I view Melkor. It isn't how I view Morgoth, for that matter. For Sauron -especially Sauron when in full Dark Lord mode, alá Last Alliance- it's perfect, and more or less how I picture the guy. But it's not how I see Melkor. So...

You see melkor as the dark elven-like dude eh?

Tall, lithe, elegant, spreading death and destruction,

Or do you see him as the storm? (his form on Ea sometimes)

Arrogant, a giant storm cloud crackling with lightning encompassing everything in its shadow.

That's Sauron kneeling under him btw. Honestly I see Melkor as the snivvely, dark, slightly cowardly but cunning elven dude.

I just wanted to make him live up to his name as Melkor, rising POWER.

Oh that's sweet @Sunbird I like to say I have good eyes, but you deceived them :P 

Edited by Darkness Ascendant

1 minute ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

You see melkor as the dark elven-like dude eh?

Tall, lithe, elegant, spreading death and destruction,

Or do you see him as the storm? (his form on Ea sometimes)

Arrogant, a giant storm cloud crackling with lightning encompassing everything in its shadow.

That's Sauron kneeling under him btw. Honestly I see Melkor as the snivvely, dark, slightly cowardly but cunning elven dude.

I just wanted to make him live up to his name as Melkor, rising POWER.

Stormfather Melkor confirmed :ph34r:

Anyhow... Idon't know. I don't picture him as ELVEN, though that probably makes sense. The first piece of fan art I ever saw of Melkor showed him with a long, dark beard, so that part has kid of stuck with me. 

I think.. Hmm. I don't know. I was going to say the most distinctive part of Melkor, for me, is his crown with the Silmarils, but you DO have that on the character... but I don't feel like they are distinctive enough, at least in this drawing. And I see the crown as somewhat different than the helm you posted. I do think that Melkor's colour scheme should be black or grey, to contrast with th bright lights of the Silmarils, but...

But this all ultimately comes down to difference sin opinions, and they aren't huge ones anyway. Sorry f I offended!