Random Stuff X: Something Weird

soyperson

3 hours ago, Mestiv said:

@Delightfully Smoak he just told you what topic he tried to resurrect :) this one: 

But I moved his post and closed the old "What are you reading right now?".

Oh. That was confusing. There are two 'what are you reading' threads?

I made it through mah shift! Kinda brain fried. I want to catch up on everything but I don't have the brain capacity to deal with notifications. Tough life, huh :P 

15 minutes ago, Delightfully Smoak said:

Oh. That was confusing. There are two 'what are you reading' threads?

Back in the day threads used to run out of pages, so we had to start new ones. The current 'what are you reading' is "part 2".

With the forum overhaul there is no need to start new threads anymore as we won't run out of pages. Unless @Delightfully Smoak has a dream that new thread was created, of course.

Now, for the big question: why am I explaining it to you? You joined more than two years earlier than me! I have only been around for 1.5 years! I've got no authority on 17th Shard's history! Stop reading what I am writing! Now!

Stop it, I am telling you! Don't read the next sentence!

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Edited by Oversleep

4 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

Back in the day threads used to run out of pages, so we had to start new ones. The current 'what are you reading' is "part 2".

With the forum overhaul there is no need to start new threads anymore as we won't run out of pages. Unless @Delightfully Smoak has a dream that new thread was created, of course.

Now, for the big question: why am I explaining it to you? You joined more than two years earlier than me! I have only been around for 1.5 years! I've got no authority on 17th Shard's history! Stop reading what I am writing! Now!

Stop it, I am telling you! Don't read the next sentence!

Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents

I HAVE ALL THE POWER!

.....I just giggled really hard and had to explain this situation to my roommate. :lol: 

So I guess I just never looked at the thread and realised that it was Part 2. 

5 minutes ago, Quiver said:

There's two anime, three films, a manga series, at least one OVA, and a live action movie.

First anime is nothing worthy of concerning yourself with; Brotherhood on the other hand is faithful to the manga so it doesn't matter which one of them you go with.

I never watch films that come with anime series, I see no point.
And I thought live action movie is being only developed so it's not there yet?
OVAs are usually not important, right?

All in all, you only need to read manga or watch FMA:Brotherhood.

Edited by Oversleep

8 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

First anime is nothing worthy of concerning yourself with; Brotherhood on the other hand is faithful to the manga so it doesn't matter which one of them you go with.

I never watch films that come with anime series, I see no point.
And I thought live action movie is being only developed so it's not there yet?
OVAs are usually not important, right?

All in all, you only need to read manga or watch FMA:Brotherhood.

Hah, I hid my post because I was concerned it was too spoilery, guess you got there faster than I did :P
Anyhow, yeah, the manga and Brotherhood tell a complete story. There is ONE small chapter they leave out, but it becomes a brick joke later on, so. That's fine :P

DELIGHTFUL, DON'T READ THIS.

Honestly, I've never seen the films for FMA, other than

Conqueror of Shambala, since.. it's basically the finale for the 2003 series.
There are trailers out for the live action film if that counts? 
Maybe I'm wrong about the OVA? I kind of remember there being... something featuring three kids who kind of resemble Al, Ed and Winry in our world, with the implication they were Ed or Al's grandchildren. Not a major thing, but then, my comment was mostly just snark bait to begin with :P

30 minutes ago, Quiver said:

Anyhow, yeah, the manga and Brotherhood tell a complete story. There is ONE small chapter they leave out, but it becomes a brick joke later on, so. That's fine :P

Wait, how can the original source (manga) leave something out? :huh:

17 minutes ago, Delightfully Smoak said:

OVA?

An OVA is an episode irrelevant to the plot of an anime that's released with the DVD. They're usually just for fun and fanservice (by which I mean having characters pop up that the audience loves, teasing them with their otp, or harkening back to jokes from other episodes, but it can be the other kind of fanservice too.) But sometimes it's an episode featuring and/or showing the backstory of a side character that there wasn't room for in the series.

I generally find them enjoyable, especially while I'm waiting for the next season to come out and really need something to tide me over. As an example, if The Stormlight Archive was an anime, Edgedancer would probably be released as an OVA.

10 hours ago, Captains Domon said:

I just resurrected the oldest topic in Entertainment Discussion. Wonder what will happen.

10 hours ago, Mestiv said:

No you didn't :P

Confirmed: Moderators are Thread Abhorsen.

Where others of the art raise the Dead, I lay them back to rest. And those that will not rest, I bind. Or try to. I am Abhorsen Moderator.

2 hours ago, Oversleep said:

Wait, how can the original source (manga) leave something out? :huh:

Meant the anime, glossing over the Elric's run in with...uh... the governor? Can't remember his name, the time who ends up teaming up with Mae.

24 minutes ago, Orlion On a Cob said:

Well,  Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood is the cool anime. Full Metal Alchemist is...cough... garbage on comparison. 

Eh. I still like some stuff about the original; it has a very different tone from the manga/Brotherhood, so...

(Funnily enough, I was thinking about this the other day. I kind of wonder if Attack on Titan is shaping up to be "this" generations FMA. Both series are darker-than-average shonen, dealing with body horror, mental trauma, conspiracy and whose protagonists are locked on metaphysical and literal journey's of discovery)

... Then again, my criteria might just be too broad :P

1 hour ago, Quiver said:

Eh. I still like some stuff about the original; it has a very different tone from the manga/Brotherhood, so...

(Funnily enough, I was thinking about this the other day. I kind of wonder if Attack on Titan is shaping up to be "this" generations FMA. Both series are darker-than-average shonen, dealing with body horror, mental trauma, conspiracy and whose protagonists are locked on metaphysical and literal journey's of discovery)

... Then again, my criteria might just be too broad :P

I don't think that Attack on Titan is nearly as good as FMA. I find Attack on Titan to be boring, honestly. Its too dark, and the story is just grim. FMA had some humor, some hope, and in the end it was about brothers.

53 minutes ago, Jedal said:

I don't think that Attack on Titan is nearly as good as FMA. I find Attack on Titan to be boring, honestly. Its too dark, and the story is just grim. FMA had some humor, some hope, and in the end it was about brothers.

I haven't seen FMA and I had to stop watching AoT after 10 episodes and two nightmares :rolleyes: but I'm sure someone will enjoy this:

Spoiler

18 minutes ago, The Honor Spren said:

I haven't seen FMA and I had to stop watching AoT after 10 episodes and two nightmares :rolleyes: but I'm sure someone will enjoy this:

Reveal hidden contents

Loooooool. That was good.

But seriously, Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. If you want to see some quality anime, it's waiting for you on Netflix. Alphonse Elric fo LIFE!