worldbuilding,brainstorming- low gravity world

M_thraun

This idea came about originally when looking into how giant trees might work (somewhat) plausibly, I then read a sci-fi story set on the moon wherein a characters hair is floating behind her. The immediate idea popped into my mind "why doesnt she braid it and weight the ends down?". From there the idea snowballed into wondering what a fantasy type setting would be like on a quite low grav world. Could an earth type world exist like that? What would the snow fall,rain and seasons be like? What would warfare, combat, clothing and even travel be like?

The concept seems a bit too out there to work but the speculation is the fun part I find

Yeah, it would be fun to work out stuff.
First, though, it depends on whether the people on the world evolved there or came there.
If they came there, as you said, stuff would be done to weigh things down, or at least if you were working they would be(hm...an aristocracy where the people in power don't weigh their hair down so it looks good, but the working people do because otherwise it would get in the way?). They would probably have weight belts or something.
If the people evolved there, though, presumably they would have bodies perfectly adapted to the environment. We can imagine them as being human-looking for the moment, but different inside for simplicity.

This does sound like fun to work out.

As for moisture in the air, I feel like there would be mist instead of rain. Plants would have evolved to suck moisture through the air, like the tops of redwood trees. I also think there might be more flying/gliding animals than on earth.

(Please note that I am just barely finishing high school biology, so I'm far from an expert on this subject.)