Oathbringer 3rd draft 54% done

bdoble97

I was just over on Brandon Sanderson's official website and noticed that the third draft of Oathbringer is at 54% I believe it was stated that the book will be coming out mid-to-late November of this year. With it being halfway done on its third draft is there a possibility the book coukd come out sooner then November. Now I know nothing about publishing a book I know this book is unique from other Series in which this has a lot of covers art. Correct me if I'm wrong but did Sanderson state it's going to have the Maine cover and then like Words of Radiance have a second cover and possibly a third back cover art.  You also have to think about all the interior artwork which I hope is even more Than Words of Radiance because I love that aspect of these books.  so I guess I'm also asking well Brandon is working on the actual book are the artists working on the art at the same time and if so could we possibly get this book before November. I would really like to because I only have Arcanum  Unbound left to read before I have read all the cosmere books.  

2 hours ago, bdoble97 said:

With it being halfway done on its third draft is there a possibility the book coukd come out sooner then November.

Brandon recently said that this was very very unlikely, as while the writing may get done early, his team was already running on a very short time scale production-wise for a book as ambitious as Stormlight and that any time made up would just be added to the production (like the art work you mentioned).

Edited by Blightsong

17 minutes ago, Blightsong said:

Brandon recently said that this was very very unlikely, as while the writing may get done early, his team was already running on a very short time scale production-wise for a book as ambitious as Stormlight and that any time made up would just be added to the production (like the art work you mentioned).

Ok thank you. As most of us if we could get the book tomorrow we would be happy. But if I do have to wait till November, December or even 2018 to get a amazing 1300 pg count Stormlight book with more art then we have had in the 1st 2 ill be happy.  Well mabe not 2018 that would be to long haha. I am hoping for the 4th Wax and Wayne  book by then.  And is 1300 pg count even possible I remember Brandon Sanderson stating that own Words of Radiance pg count was the largest they could do with the buying machines for their books at Tor.

22 minutes ago, bdoble97 said:

Ok thank you. As most of us if we could get the book tomorrow we would be happy. But if I do have to wait till November, December or even 2018 to get a amazing 1300 pg count Stormlight book with more art then we have had in the 1st 2 ill be happy.  Well mabe not 2018 that would be to long haha. I am hoping for the 4th Wax and Wayne  book by then.  And is 1300 pg count even possible I remember Brandon Sanderson stating that own Words of Radiance pg count was the largest they could do with the buying machines for their books at Tor.

He's has said that if worst comes to worst, as size goes, they could use a smaller font or find a different book binder.

2 hours ago, Rob Lucci said:

I'm buying the e-book version to get it as quickly as possible, so it won't matter to me.

Same here, I buy the e-book version and then the paper version when the book will be release in my language (Here we are still waiting from Shadows of Self)

Edited by Yata

Here's his editing process. Things have been a little accelerated for book, since they've been sending each of the 5 parts through on its own. So, Part 1, 2.0 was being done while Brandon was writing Part 5, 1.0.

I know Peter mentioned they were already at the beta readers stage on Twitter, so I suspect they're doing that piecemeal, too.

But even aside from writing and art, there's printing and distribution. Getting a book cleaned up and ready is a much more well-defined process than outlining and writing, so when they say November, I believe them.

35 minutes ago, Pagerunner said:

Here's his editing process. Things have been a little accelerated for book, since they've been sending each of the 5 parts through on its own. So, Part 1, 2.0 was being done while Brandon was writing Part 5, 1.0.

I know Peter mentioned they were already at the beta readers stage on Twitter, so I suspect they're doing that piecemeal, too.

But even aside from writing and art, there's printing and distribution. Getting a book cleaned up and ready is a much more well-defined process than outlining and writing, so when they say November, I believe them.

Thank you for the Insight these are things that I don't know about. When do you think they could possibly show up cover April Maybe. Or in the summer

2 minutes ago, Yata said:

Same here, I buy the e-book version and then the paper version when the book will be release in my language (Here we are still waiting from Shadows of Self)

I really like the UK cover art for Stormlight tbh, so I always want to get those on paperback.

(These)

Spoiler

Sanderson-StormlightArchivesUK-Blog.jpg

33 minutes ago, bdoble97 said:

Why do they split the book up in the UK

Same reason they do this in other countries - for one, they might think that readers might get spooked by a bigger book, and for other, they can make more money if they split it in half. For example, where I live, the book the size of WoK costs about 60 PLN, while a book half that size costs about 40 PLN, so if the publisher split WoK in two (which, thankfully, they didn't), they would make 20 PLN more on every copy.

1 hour ago, Rasarr said:

Same reason they do this in other countries - for one, they might think that readers might get spooked by a bigger book, and for other, they can make more money if they split it in half. For example, where I live, the book the size of WoK costs about 60 PLN, while a book half that size costs about 40 PLN, so if the publisher split WoK in two (which, thankfully, they didn't), they would make 20 PLN more on every copy.

Well that is annoying. What is  the time frame of the releases of the two parts. Because I would get really upset if I knew it was originally one whole book finish the first half and had to wait months for the second half.

1 hour ago, bdoble97 said:

Well that is annoying. What is  the time frame of the releases of the two parts. Because I would get really upset if I knew it was originally one whole book finish the first half and had to wait months for the second half.

They get released at the same time, and there is a note in the back of the first saying "If it feels like this book ended abruptly, it is because this is not the whole book, but rather one book split into two for printing purposes. It is not intended to read as a whole story in itself." This was the only option for WoK paperback, but I believe WoR paperback was available whole. It was later made available in two halves for those who prefer a less hefty reading experience, or those OCD enough to want every book in a series in the same form (like myself).

6 minutes ago, Krandacth said:

They get released at the same time, and there is a note in the back of the first saying "If it feels like this book ended abruptly, it is because this is not the whole book, but rather one book split into two for printing purposes. It is not intended to read as a whole story in itself." This was the only option for WoK paperback, but I believe WoR paperback was available whole. It was later made available in two halves for those who prefer a less hefty reading experience, or those OCD enough to want every book in a series in the same form (like myself).

Ok good beacuse I was saying to myself is horrible for the UK Publishers to do that to the sandersons fans if they made you wait. 

• Chaos locked this topic