Oathbringer Draft at 100%

ADIMORTIS

I am so excited I can't wait till November I know they have 2 more draft to go through but I just want the  book to come out sometime in the summer it feels like everything's wrapping up so quickly.  The rumors I've heard there is  going to be it interior recover and then a back cover as well I know they have to do the interior at work but I'm sure that well within the process if the book covers already done

One thing that partially sustains me is the knowledge that the first five chapters will most likely be released in the weeks leading up to the publishing date.

So While everyone is saying November, I'm hoping Canadian thanksgiving will be when we first start getting our fixes.

5 minutes ago, Stark said:

One thing that partially sustains me is the knowledge that the first five chapters will most likely be released in the weeks leading up to the publishing date.

So While everyone is saying November, I'm hoping Canadian thanksgiving will be when we first start getting our fixes.

When is is Canada Thanksgiving 

October 9th-ish - depends on where it falls relative to the weekend.  I figure we usually get the first five chapters, one a week, in the six weeks before release.  So depending when in November the release date is set for, we may start seeing sample chapters as early as late September, or as late as early October.

If Tor follows the same pattern they have used for the last few Sanderson releases.  They did that for WoR, and BoM.  SoS too.  I don't remember if Tor  published the Reckoners, but I do remember sample chapters for those too.  

Its not the full book, and a chapter a week does not last long, but better than nothing, right?

Edit:  Just saw release date is slotted for November 14th.  So if pattern follows first sample chapter will be October 10th.  Right after thanksgiving, so I know what I'll be thankful for this year!

Edited by Stark
more info

44 minutes ago, Stark said:

Edit:  Just saw release date is slotted for November 14th.  So if pattern follows first sample chapter will be October 10th.  Right after thanksgiving, so I know what I'll be thankful for this year!

Uh, is there another country that has a Thanksgiving in early October?

10 hours ago, Jonathan Hopkins said:

I know right!!! It stinks that it won't be coming out until late fall though. 

I'm not sure I can keep this level of hype up. Each update seems to kick it up to another level. I'm worried something is going to give eventually.

14 minutes ago, Glamdring804 said:

I'm not sure I can keep this level of hype up. Each update seems to kick it up to another level. I'm worried something is going to give eventually.

Now imagine going through this possibly 7 more times between 4-year hiatuses.

Hiatuses? Hiati? Hiati looks too much like Haiti. Oh well, whatever.

Does anyone else have this terrible paranoia that Brandon will die in like, a plane crash or car accident and never complete his series? I know its kind of irrational and stupid but still, I don't want a repeat of Robert Jordan if you know what I mean. Brandon Sanderson is too amazing to have that happen!!

31 minutes ago, Gizmosowner said:

It would be sad if he died such an early death but I am sure he has extensive notes on where his series is going so someone he trust will finish and hopefully be able to give it the ending it deserves

But it probably won't be as amazing even still. Tons of Wheel of Time fans were disappointed at the ending Brandon wrote, though they admit it Brandon did it a justice (the ones I've talked to at least).

2 hours ago, bleeder said:

Now imagine going through this possibly 7 more times between 4-year hiatuses.

Hiatuses? Hiati? Hiati looks too much like Haiti. Oh well, whatever.

Its singular and plural. Like "Fish"

But most people use "hiatuses."

• Chaos locked this topic