I don't think they were spying.  I think the orders were more like, "I use Wind to bring Aonars words to my ears."  There is no PM to spy on.  The Namer got very lucky in what words they heard.  Or unlucky depending on how you look at it.  Sure Aonar is out but they could've heard Aonar naming a fellow Skindancer.  In fact, whoever the Namer is, they made a mistake revealing so early.  If they had waited, they might've learnt more.  But then that also ran the risk of being killed/sabotaged and losing everything so,....

Hmmm but if Aonar is serious about stopping us, he might just PM a bunch of random people this cycle, so that the odds of hitting the eliminator doc is low.

On the bright side, I doubt other eliminators could risk doing the same, because if we notice someone suddenly making tons of PMs, we can conclude that they are suspect.

Ohhhh lol never mind about Aonar sending PMs. Like me, he is expelled. He can't send any PMs. So technically his only messaging this cycle will be the eliminator doc. You can spy on him now and freely gain access to the eliminator doc without him being able to stop you, if my read of the rules is correct.

Mind you, that may not be as useful as it sounds. If the elims are careful in their doc, their actual words probably aren't very compromising. And I'm not even sure that you can gain access to the eliminator doc using normal PM spying, it is possible this is a power unique to the name of the wind.

And probably if our namers are going to use wind against Aonar, they should use it to kill, not to spy...

Just now, Alvron said:

I don't think they were spying.  I think the orders were more like, "I use Wind to bring Aonars words to my ears."  There is no PM to spy on.  The Namer got very lucky in what words they heard.  Or unlucky depending on how you look at it.  Sure Aonar is out but they could've heard Aonar naming a fellow Skindancer.  In fact, whoever the Namer is, they made a mistake revealing so early.  If they had waited, they might've learnt more.  But then that also ran the risk of being killed/sabotaged and losing everything so,....

I share your regret that they revealed their methods so early. But we did kind of force PK to reveal that secret.

Random thought I had while I was insane: what do you think the chances of the skindancers targeting one of their own would be? If there's a skindancer in the crockery, it would be a lot harder for the skindancer in question to die, and would thus provide a good delaying tacit.

5 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

Ohhhh lol never mind about Aonar sending PMs. Like me, he is expelled. He can't send any PMs. So technically his only messaging this cycle will be the eliminator doc. You can spy on him now and freely gain access to the eliminator doc without him being able to stop you, if my read of the rules is correct.

I share your regret that they revealed their methods so early. But we did kind of force PK to reveal that secret.

Not necessarily.  The more I learn about Wind, the more impressed I am.  Aonar created the whole Naming mechanic so he might be able to use Wind to "send" his words to someone and "receive" the replies which give him a PM ability.

I meant more that it's a shame that they revealed themselves to PK before they learnt at least two of the Skindancers.  Once PK made his announcement, the results were a foregone conclusion.

1 minute ago, Silverblade5 said:

Random thought I had while I was insane: what do you think the chances of the skindancers targeting one of their own would be? If there's a skindancer in the crockery, it would be a lot harder for the skindancer in question to die, and would thus provide a good delaying tacit.

Addendum: This is all provided that the skindancer is able to break out and retreat to the Underthing.

I'm back home!! But now I'm exhausted and need a nap lol...will be on later though

I am surprised that not much has happened since I was on last...I guess everyone is still trying to figure out what to do next.

@Elbereth tag request...forgive me wilson

Edited by BrightnessRadiant

3 minutes ago, Silverblade5 said:

Fairly good I would say given that there is a way to break out.  It sets up the perfect WGG.  Not to mention the chances for some great RP.

3 minutes ago, Silverblade5 said:

provide a good delaying tactic

That's an interesting way of looking at it...

Hmmmmmm... Oh dear.

So the win condition for village is actually to kill all skindancers. If they are all expelled or insane, that isn't enough.

So... Maybe it does make sense to sabotage your own. They aren't dead in terms of the win condition, and they are unlikely to get killed... So it's actually not that much of a risk. An insane skindancer will undoubtedly break free, eventually.

The drawback in that case is that your early sabotage on villagers aren't likely to be permanent. And that the game goes on long enough that it is very likely that multiple village masters emerge.

1 minute ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

What does WGG mean? @Alvron

WGG: Acronym for Wounded Gazelle Gambit, sometimes referred to as the Princess Gambit. This is when the eliminators attack one of their own, but the attacked eliminator is somehow saved from death (usually due to protection), in an effort to get them trusted by the village.

1 minute ago, Drake Marshall said:

That's an interesting way of looking at it...

Hmmmmmm... Oh dear.

So the win condition for village is actually to kill all skindancers. If they are all expelled or insane, that isn't enough.

So... Maybe it does make sense to sabotage your own. They aren't dead in terms of the win condition, and they are unlikely to get killed... So it's actually not that much of a risk. An insane skindancer will undoubtedly break free, eventually.

The drawback in that case is that your early sabotage on villagers aren't likely to be permanent. And that the game goes on long enough that it is very likely that multiple village masters emerge.

Yes, but how likely would it be for someone sent to the Crockery to be considered suspicious? If it was early enough, people wouldn't have much of a chance to get a good read on them. As long as there was a sane skindancer for each field of study, all it would take is an insane skindancer escaping and then surviving for one term. Once the number of sane skindancers becomes smaller than the amount of fields, they might just remain in the Underthing out of spite, to drag the game on until the last of the sane ones has died.

4 minutes ago, Silverblade5 said:

Yes, but how likely would it be for someone sent to the Crockery to be considered suspicious? If it was early enough, people wouldn't have much of a chance to get a good read on them. As long as there was a sane skindancer for each field of study, all it would take is an insane skindancer escaping and then surviving for one term. Once the number of sane skindancers becomes smaller than the amount of fields, they might just remain in the Underthing out of spite, to drag the game on until the last of the sane ones has died.

Dude.  I seriously doubt they started with 9-10 players. :P 

Edited by Alvron

HEYYYYY I AM SO SUSPICIOUS HEY VOTE ON ME HEY!!! NO EDEMA OR CEALDISH VOTE ON ME! BURNT PLEASE VOTE ON ME! I AM SO SUSPICIOUS!!! HEYYYYY PEOPLE VOTE ON ME IF YOU ARE RICH!!!! NO VILLAGER WOULD SAY THIS!!! VOTE ON ME!!!!

5 minutes ago, Cluny the Scourge said:

HEYYYYY I AM SO SUSPICIOUS HEY VOTE ON ME HEY!!! NO EDEMA OR CEALDISH VOTE ON ME! BURNT PLEASE VOTE ON ME! I AM SO SUSPICIOUS!!! HEYYYYY PEOPLE VOTE ON ME IF YOU ARE RICH!!!! NO VILLAGER WOULD SAY THIS!!! VOTE ON ME!!!!

Maybe you think voting counts as an action against you that you can pickpocket...?

I'm not sure really what to make of this. Preferably not a corpse.

I'm not sure if a vote counts as targeting you though. Maybe ask the GMs... Would be a good way to get money though, even if you seem to have been using it to discourage votes instead :P

Anyways... Speaking of coins, I may be only a cealdish commoner, but seeing as I'm not paying tuition and lodging cheaply, I just realized that I should actually be able to afford an assassin soon. Fear me 6tU3gRQ.gif