3 minutes ago, Cluny the Scourge said:

@Elbereth @TheMightyLopen @DroughtBringer help please?

Also--- :o is that a... CUSTOM EMOJI? Where?

LOL

Before: "Hey guys, let's sabotage HH! *snigger* *snigger* "

After: "AAAH Run Away!"

You can find spren emoji here. The one I used was the shardblade one.

WARNING: You're Anti-Skindancer software may be out of date! FREE DOWNLOAD

Noremac deposited the mountain of books on the counter and stepped back. He let out a whoosh of air and rubbed his hands on the front of his pants. It was good to be done! Knowing that every day might very well be your last gives one's soul motivation, doesn't it? As of last night, every last overdue Physicks assignment, essay, report, survey, chart, meme, was complete. And it felt wonderful. Noremac walked out of the building in glee.

It was a beautiful day, a perfect ratio of clouds to blue sky, and it was that time of day when the sun was bright and warm, but not unbearable. Yet despite the gorgeous weather, barely anyone roamed the grounds. Noremac glanced around, and saw something that pierced his happy haze.

"Skindancers are among us! Aodhan is the first, who are the rest?"

The note had been tacked to a tree. Noremac tore it off and read through it again. So the rumors are confirmed? Now the fourth term, and the quiet whisperings of Fae returned have been revealed as truth. He remembered now, the tremendous gusts that lifted the student into the sky and out of sight. He knew that no weather pattern could have done what had happened then. He looked down at the note again. But who had posted this, he thought? Fear is spreading through the University like a plague, a plague of terror. Noremac crumbled the note in his fist. He wasn't going to catch this disease.

*yawns

Can expelled people still vote? I guess thats said in the rules... i cant be bothered checkin. Ill... do that later.

Im expelled. Huh. Part of me is sad but eh. I have even more money to spend now!

I should rp

Ill do that when im more awke

2 hours ago, Cluny the Scourge said:

HEYYYYY I AM SO SUSPICIOUS HEY VOTE ON ME HEY!!! NO EDEMA OR CEALDISH VOTE ON ME! BURNT PLEASE VOTE ON ME! I AM SO SUSPICIOUS!!! HEYYYYY PEOPLE VOTE ON ME IF YOU ARE RICH!!!! NO VILLAGER WOULD SAY THIS!!! VOTE ON ME!!!!

Burnt can't vote on you.  She's been expelled.  

Speak of the devil. :P  No Burnt, you can't vote.

Edited by Alvron

26 minutes ago, Alvron said:

Burnt can't vote on you.  She's been expelled.  

Speak of the devil. :P  No Burnt, you can't vote.

Ah nice ima devil now! Thankeeyou alv

Aso was thinking. 

If aonars a namer... and namers learn names by naming... does he learn more names when expelled? Or is he stuck with whatever hes got now

15 minutes ago, Burnt Spaghetti said:

Well thats a relief then. Fingers crossed he hasnt got many names!

Or that he has but that his elim buddies are unable to keep him sane. Pretty sure insanity while expelled means death.

But I'm guessing that they have a physicker.

I personally don't think that the Elims would try to put one of their own in the crockery as a part of their plan ( unless they wanted them to be safe from a kill and just stay in the crockery cuz are we really gonna go and kill all the people in the crockery just to make sure none of them are skindancers?). I don't think they would originally plan to have a skindancer team mate go insane on the hopes that he would actually break out though...cuz from what i gathered it was actually quite a rare occurrence in the last game...wasn't it? Either way it seems less likely to me that any of them would be skindancers unless they were the ones who went insane naturally from studies.

Edit: someone asked earlier if there were any masters yet and from what i can tell there aren't but there are several El'the out there now. Burnt, Stink, HH, and Cluny. So three out of those four have the chance to become masters on this next cycle if they have enough EP saved up in a field. (Burnt is expelled)

Edited by BrightnessRadiant

Okay. Let's look at one of Wilson's last posts.

Considering the mortality rate of the streets, I'm not likely to survive this turn. If I die (after which you'll see that I was (and am) indeed a student), look at BrightnessRadiant and Eolhondras. Eol particularly. I find his selective memory loss highly suspicious. Cluny is another one to keep watching.

I know. Confirmed good isn't confirmed right. But it prolly won't hurt to look at BrightnessRadiant's, Eolhondras' and Cluny's posts.

One other thing (and the only reason I'm mentioning this is because Aonar already knows): expelling Aonar won't stop him from affecting students not in Imre. Combining Wind with other names would make it possible to affect students at the University. I'd suggest PK get protection as soon as possible and the Namer as well. Don't underestimate Aonar. He built the Naming mechanic in this game.

As I said, we have to kill it. :ph34r:

I've skimmed through Cluny's posts and I think I'm getting a village read. Particularly because he was ready to abandon this game in order to play in QF23, which I doubt an elim would do. :P [mentioned post below]

Feel free to vote on me, because if I get sabotaged and expelled I can play the new QF game! Yay! ahem

Eol's posts:

1) Voted on Cluny as he was a noble with no other votes on him. Said that they feel like they're playing a solo RPG rather than a team elim game. Asked about PMs. Nothing to say here.

2) Disagreed with voting early in the game, said that "the only method for the village gaining information is through abilities (other than thread analysis), and that we shouldn't vote for no reason." Asked Drake to remove his vote from HH as he wasn't at the Pony. Said that if they were an elim they'd try to expel who aren't elevated yet as to ensure that they don't elevate and benefit the village. Could be elims with HH, subtly defending him, but I doubt that. 

3) Voted on DA. Just like everyone else.

4) Pointed out that the ones staying at the Pony won't have the protection that the ones at the Horse would, so having the ones at the Pony reveal themselves isn't a good idea. Raised a good point. I could see elim!Eol saying this to prevent the lower classes get tuition reduction, but I'm not sure that's the case here.

5) Said they'd get up to date with the thread asap

6) Role-blocking Aonar rather than expelling him would be better. Suggests that we cast no more than 4-5 votes on him. Wouldve voted on Wilson for defending Aonar and for going after people without much evidence (i.e Burnt with the gram) if he could. I guess this is why Aonar casted both his votes on himself last cycle? To have a better chance at expulsion than being charged with reckless use of smpathy? The point about Wilson is obviously wrong now that she's cleared. 

7) Questions Wilson's Imre strategy. I think this added weight to Wilson's suspicions on them? They expressed suspicion on Wilson before this, so elim!Eol might have been trying to get he village to distrust Wilson, but I dont see what an elim would get out of that -chances were high that Wilson would die on the streets anyway.

And he was presumably targeted by the skindancers today but had protection. Could have been a WGG...? I honestly can't get a read on Eol. But I think I'm leaning village? Gah.

Brightness, though? My gut's been telling me something's off for a while now. I'll be looking at her posts next.

Vell paused and glanced up from her studies. Some of the students were talking in low voices about Skindancers and the students being sent to the Crockery. Mad, they were, of course; that's why they were sent to the Crockery. There were rumors about some of them being driven insane on purpose, and even about some people being killed, but Vell dismissed such nonsense. She'd been cooped up in the library, or her room, or classrooms, or one of the labs, or whatever little corner she could find, sure, but she was sure she'd have noticed if there was a Skindancer around. Except she didn't actually know what a Skindancer was, except for a fairy-tale nightmare creature. It didn't matter. She'd learn everything she could, and when she was done, her University education would put her on track to a career that could bolster her family finances and get them all into a better situation.

Vell had mostly ignored the other students ever since she'd arrived, and she didn't plan to change that now. Sure, she'd filed a few complaints about troublemakers, but most of those had come to nothing and she hadn't worried about them anyway. Of a great deal more interest were the great number of books in the library that she could study, on every conceivable subject. She didn't need other people. She had her books.

Can someone create a list of those who have and haven't been expelled or sent to the Crockery? I'm having a hard time keeping track since I'm only on mobile, and I've messed up a couple times now trying to vote or send actions in related to people who are dead, expelled, in the Crockery, etc. 

For now, I do find BrightnessRadiant's posts suspicious, and I'm pretty sure she's still at the University, so I'm filing that complaint. If I learn other information to push me one way or the other, I may file a second complaint and/or remove that one.

I hopefully will be up to posting more, and it doesn't look like my schedule at the hospital will be that busy, but I may not be up for thinking about this too much even when I'm not busy. I'm doing my best to remain as active as I can, though.

4 hours ago, _Stick_ said:

And he was presumably targeted by the skindancers today but had protection. Could have been a WGG...? I honestly can't get a read on Eol. But I think I'm leaning village? Gah.

I'm of the opinion that if the Skindancers were going to attempt a WGG, they'd send someone to the crockery, rather than organising protection for them. Much less suspicion would be placed on said person and it would be the perfect stall tactic if things went wrong. Depending on the composition of the elim team, if they had someone with limited availability to play the game, I could see I as a decent move.

4 hours ago, _Stick_ said:

I guess this is why Aonar casted both his votes on himself last cycle? To have a better chance at expulsion than being charged with reckless use of smpathy?

My thoughts exactly. Also you didn't quite get what I was saying about voting numbers. More that 4-5 different individuals needed to share the DP given by the masters to approximately give the optimal amount of DP for lashing. Every vote after the first pushed Aonar further towards expulsion, and seeing as he thought that was the better option, it's likely that his other Skindancer buddies felt the same way, so Burnt, HH, Stick, Queen and Alvron are on the top of my suspicion list at the moment.

1 hour ago, Eolhondras said:

I'm of the opinion that if the Skindancers were going to attempt a WGG, they'd send someone to the crockery, rather than organising protection for them. Much less suspicion would be placed on said person and it would be the perfect stall tactic if things went wrong. Depending on the composition of the elim team, if they had someone with limited availability to play the game, I could see I as a decent move.

My thoughts exactly. Also you didn't quite get what I was saying about voting numbers. More that 4-5 different individuals needed to share the DP given by the masters to approximately give the optimal amount of DP for lashing. Every vote after the first pushed Aonar further towards expulsion, and seeing as he thought that was the better option, it's likely that his other Skindancer buddies felt the same way, so Burnt, HH, Stick, Queen and Alvron are on the top of my suspicion list at the moment.

Ah, sorry. So you're suspicious of the players who voted on Aonar? And I'm assuming you didn't include PK in the list because he exposed Aonar's alignment in the first place.  But I don't think that *all* of us who voted on him are elims. One? probably. Two? Maybe. Again, brightness voted on him too and I have to take a look at her posts as soon as I can.

Edit: I don't have time. I'll be next turn, probably. But in the meantime,Brightness. You're my top suspect at the moment 

Edited by _Stick_

On 5/11/2017 at 2:45 AM, Hemalurgic_Headshot said:

Can Wind or any other name remove items?

Names can do anything your heart desires, within a certain amount of balance. 

Complaints do not count as actions taken on you for purposes of Pickpocket, unless those complaints are done through Proficient in Hyperbole. 

1 hour ago, Cluny the Scourge said:

Darn.

OK NOBODY VOTE ON ME

Cluny :P #rebel

jk tho Cluny.

Eol:  More that 4-5 different individuals needed to share the DP given by the masters to approximately give the optimal amount of DP for lashing. Every vote after the first pushed Aonar further towards expulsion, and seeing as he thought that was the better option, it's likely that his other Skindancer buddies felt the same way, so Burnt, HH, Stick, Queen and Alvron are on the top of my suspicion list at the moment.

Sorry bout this^ it wouldn't let me actually quote it for some reason. I feel like he kinda has a point and I never actually thought about that fact.

I feel inclined to trust Burnt (and myself, obvs) and I have been getting an Elim sense about HH, and possibly even Alvron. Idk about Stick though.

I'm going to go ahead and HH. I won't be on at rollover so I won't be able to remove my vote even if he puts up an argument. Done deal I am aware. But he's the only one I've been suspicious of lately so I'm gonna stick with it.

5 hours ago, Eolhondras said:

I disagree there.  If I was a Skindancer I would want Aonar to get lashed as it would mean the village spends another cycle dealing with him giving me and fellow Skindancers a free cycle to cause havoc.  Sure he's roleblocked but he could easily bluff and say he had some Nahlrout.

I admit that I voted for Aonar in the hopes of getting him expelled but that was because I saw leaving him lashed but still enrolled as a far worse option.

:(:(:( (is there a crying emoji?) lol

but for reals though...i'm super frustrated that all of my efforts have only brought me suspicions..bleh

I can see how it looks from everyone else's perspective but honestly I am just trying to help...so here is everything i've got poured into one post...i hope it helps:

Okay so i agree with the fact that some of the players who voted for Aonar could be elims cuz if he was lashed than he couldn't attack anyone this cycle. I tried using nahlrout on him last turn but as a said before my action failed...i believe we should hit him with everything we've got this time. He is FAR too dangerous still and we can't just leave him be just cuz he was expelled. 

@Jondesu i can get that list for ya hang on....(i've been keeping very extensive notes lol)

People who have been sent to the crockery:

1. Silver ( has no broken out)

2. Mage

3. Hael and Pk on the same round (PK is now out)

4. Joe and Sart and Orlok on the same round

People who have been expelled:

1. Arinian, Drake, and Straw on the same round

2. Aonar and Burnt on the same round

And here is a list of all the people who have been elevated:

1. queensteph, PK, Burnt, Orlok, Alvron, Cluny, Eolh, stink, and sart

2. Aonar, Arinian, Drake, Jondesu, HH, Joe, Orlok, Stink

3. Arinian, Aonar, Brightness, Eolh, Joe, Jondesu, Orlok, Ornstein

4. Alvron, Burnt, Cluny, HH, Sart, Stick, Stink

5. Alvron, Burnt, Brightness, Cluny, HH

(these are in the order of turns from beginning til now)

also here is what we now from the thread what everyone claims to have been elevated in:

1. Orlok-sympathy (is now in the crockery)

2. Stink-Linguistics

3. Aonar-naming (expelled)

4. Arinian-arithmetics (expelled)

5. Ornstein-physicking (dead)

6. steph-rhetoric & logic? (didn't she say she could spy on what people's roles were?)

7. also i know that someone was elevated in archives because i had EP in there from the start and finally just got elevated in it on this last turn.

(also someone used a name on the second turn of the second cycle, and on both turns of the third cycle, and now the write up of this turn of cycle four says that TWO names were used. so i'm guessing that someone just got elevated in the name of the wind? or that the namers have been switching off until now?)

8. also everyone has been assuming that there was already another namer? so could we have 3 now? or just the two?

anyways that is all i can remember that has been announced about the powers anyways...don't know if it was helpful...but if i die soon i thought i should share it.

I am still suspicious of HH and Stink...and i am becoming more suspicious of Alvron as well.

more on them after some further analysis.

Edited by BrightnessRadiant

@BrightnessRadiant Researching students is an Archivist's ability, which I'd expect you to know since you apparently were elevated in Archives. :P

I know we have at least one namer, not sure about 2 though I have definitely been slacking in the analytical department.

(Can I just blame it on the fact that I'm too busy studying in the Stacks and Tomes? :P)

I won't be on until sometime later in the next turn, as will BrightnessRadiant (we going somewhere IRL). Just letting you guys know.

LG33: Term 4, Month 2 - Silence

It was night. The inn lay in silence, and it was a silence of three parts. 

The most obvious part was a hollow, echoing quiet, made by things that were lacking. If there had been a wind it would have rustled through the University, set student robes flapping, and brushed the silence across the bridge to Imre like dust from a broom. If there had been many students, even a few more inside the inn, they would have filled the silence with conversation and laughter, the rustling paper and nights of drinking one expects from a place full of young people studying the arcane. If there had been peace… but no, of course there was no peace, not now. In fact there were none of these things, and so the silence remained. 

Inside the inn a figure clad in black crept through the dark, towards Greyson. Another stepped out to meet it, and they met in perfect silence. In clashing they added a small, vicious silence to the larger, hollow one. It made an alloy of sorts, a counterpoint. 

The third silence was not an easy thing to notice. If you listened for an hour, you might begin to feel it growing from the wooden floor underfoot and the twisting metal of the headboard of the bed. It was in the heaviness of the air and the prickling of hair on the back of the neck that says you’re being watched. It was in the imperceptible stroke down the man’s temple, gentle and cold, and it was in the man who lay there, face grotesque and horrified, skin already paling with death. 

The man had a book still in his hands, pulled from the Archives and never returned. His eyes were wild and frightened, and he was still with the utter certainty that life had gone. 

The room was his, just as the third silence was now his. This was appropriate, as it was the greatest silence of the three, wrapping the others inside itself. It was deep and dark as winter’s night. It was heavy as water in the depths of the ocean. It was the final, cut-flower sound of a man who had died. 

Varda sighed. “No, Amelia. You are not allowed to do such things on this campus. Ever.”

“I didn’t mean anything by it!” Amelia protested. “I just wanted to see what else was in there, and maybe try a few things… um. On other students….”

Varda looked at her.

“I’m sorry?” she squeaked. 

“If you cannot be trusted with what is given to you on this campus, you are unsafe and should not be allowed to come,” Varda said. She knew the girl probably hadn’t meant anything by it, but they really didn’t need any more liabilities, not now of all times. This was necessary. “You are henceforth expelled from the University and may never set foot on its grounds again. You will have an escort to collect your things, and then you will leave.”

Varda looked down, so she didn’t have to see Amelia’s face. I’m sorry, she added silently. 

BrightnessRadiant was expelled!
Drake died! He was a Student who had studied in Artificery!
Brightness Radiant and Hemalurgic Headshot were elevated! 

Term 4, Month 2 has begun. You have 42 hours to send in actions. Do not forget to submit lodging orders.

blu_1494806400.png

Player List
1. Queensteph - Vintish Noblewoman 
2. Randuir (Telar Pike) - Yllish Commoner Student 
3. Hemalurgic Headshot (Noremac Quwester) - Aturan Nobleman 
4. Aonar (Aodhan Breacadh) - Edema Ruh
5. Wilson (Sloan Walker) -  Cealdish Commoner Student
6. Straw (Medicus Novis) - Yllish Commoner
7. Paranoid King (William Opuscule) - Yllish Commoner
8. Ornstein (John Springer) - Aturan Nobleman Student in Physicking
9. Jondesu (Vell) - Yllish Commoner
10. Drake Marshall (Greyson) - Cealdish Commoner Student in Physicking