Scriptorian

I think Szeth is way too easy for this one, personally. (We've all seen how Tor.com likes to troll us and Carl from Tor.com especially has had all kinds of fun showing his amusement at the different guesses.)

I think they call this reverse psychology...

Edit: Darkness?

Edited by Stroniax

Mr.T seems like the cold blood calculated type(in his IQ up days) I don't see him bat an eye for killing so many people.

so I'll go with the obvious choice Szeth.

I disagree With your opinion of Mr.T i think he does care that's why he is taking it all upon himself in a twisted way he dirties himself so the rest don't have to. I think he is second behind Szeth.

I hope it is Szeth. I'd like to read his POV again before he fights Kaladin. Still, I could be someone else.

I doubt it is Mr. T. I think he regrets all the people he has killed, but I don't think he would allow those deaths to torment him this way.

I disagree With your opinion of Mr.T i think he does care that's why he is taking it all upon himself in a twisted way he dirties himself so the rest don't have to. I think he is second behind Szeth.

Man, SA is REALLY messed up if the Jesus Christ analog character is a mass murderer.  hahaha

The voice sounds like Szeth's - not only the words, but also the tone. But I don't think the quote is being literal, it could easily be a metaphor.

I don't think it is literal. Szeth never literally heard screams. He knew they were all in his head, that's why the quote fits him. Still, he isn't the only guilt-ridden killer on Roshar.

Your statement reminded me of a line from HBO's True Detective

Martin: "You wonder ever if you're a bad man?"  Rust: "No I don't wonder Marty. The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door".  This is how I view Mr.T's mindset.

Your statement reminded me of a line from HBO's True Detective

Martin: "You wonder ever if you're a bad man?"  Rust: "No I don't wonder Marty. The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door".  This is how I view Mr.T's mindset.

Mr. T also believes that time is a flattened circle sphere, and All of this will happen again.

Edit:  Swimmy got me again

Edited by AG Rooster

After most vague glimpse yesterday, now we have the most boring.

Why would people guess who this is? (and guess wrong... I mean Gaz? Really?)

We all know who this is, really.

Can you be so sure? It is likely Szeth, but it could be someone else. The only glimpse where the speaker was obvious was number 8.

Can you be so sure? It is likely Szeth, but it could be someone else. The only glimpse where the speaker was obvious was number 8.

"He made certain to listen to the sounds of the dying. He did not shut his ears to the screams. He did not ignore the wails of pain."

"He could hear the dead scream every time he closed his eyes. They grated against his soul, rubbing it to nothing, haunting him, consuming him."

"The souls of the people he had murdered lurked in the shadows. They whispered to him. If he drew close, they screamed."

I am very sure. No, there can be nobody else.

As a side note, for the glimpse about "I am a god":

"You are a work of art, Szeth-son-Neturo. A god."

Edited by marianmi

The thing is, these glimpses are so short and isolated that it's near impossible to tell who it is. Szeth is a very likely candidate, but there's serious danger into jumping to conclusions with these snippets. Just like the glimpse with Dalinar's son, we have no idea what is going on, so we can't make a snap judgement with this one.

"He made certain to listen to the sounds of the dying. He did not shut his ears to the screams. He did not ignore the wails of pain."

"He could hear the dead scream every time he closed his eyes. They grated against his soul, rubbing it to nothing, haunting him, consuming him."

"The souls of the people he had murdered lurked in the shadows. They whispered to him. If he drew close, they screamed."

It fits Szeth, but there could be another murderer in an Interlude would is haunted in such a manner. You are most likely right, but it could be someone else. I agree though that Gaz and Mr. T are very unlikely.

Edited by eveorjoy

I can't think of any reason Szeth would let himself be worshipped as a god, or anyway his character could grow close enough to someone to have that conversation.

I can't think of any reason Szeth would let himself be worshipped as a god, or anyway his character could grow close enough to someone to have that conversation.

This is killing me. A meta-series is everything I have ever wanted from any media I have consumed. I'm gonna be in my 40s before this entire Cosmere series is complete. I need next week to come fast because I am long overdue for my sustaining dosage. ;_;

This is killing me. A meta-series is everything I have ever wanted from any media I have consumed. I'm gonna be in my 40s before this entire Cosmere series is complete. I need next week to come fast because I am long overdue for my sustaining dosage. ;_;

You make me feel old...

I will be in my 40s before the first cycle of Stormlight is done, let alone any other Cosmere series.