Scriptorian

Well this series intrigues me as I have been a reader of Fantasy and Epic Fantasy  since I was a kid. 

I have invested intellectually, mentally, and emotionally in several series over the years, books that require re-reading over and over again between new releases.

I started The Wheel of Time the year after it came out,  same with A Sword of Ice and Fire, I think one of the few I discovered where there were more than the first or second books was The Chronicles of Amber, which I started reading in High School.

These books are my "friends", I have known the characters  by name and personality longer than most people I know. Some of them I have grown up with, Some were with me while I raised my children, and now I will have The Stormlight Archive that I will grow old with.

Well spoken ... I ll upvote as soon as you correct "Sword" ... ;-)

See, at this point I am not even sure if Peter knows what that line is, off the top of his head. It strikes me as very likely that he is doing purely for our torture.

Of course, there is one way I could be proven wrong...

I sure hope that Peter keep hang on in the forum after release so we can tell him ahhhhhhh i see what you have done there and there and there too (repeat ad infinitum).

He are like the 17th Shard "Personal Marketing Program" with all his: Wait and see. RAFO'S.  And hooks that he drop here and there =) This sure helped build my hype.(Kind like Jake Saloman of 2K)

One question Peter do you pretend make some kind of review after the book are released? 

Edited by Natans

As if the darkness itself had come alive, something wrapped around her.

It pulled her farther into the deep.

I swear we already saw this in one of the preview chapters. The Jasnah flashback, when she first went to Shadesmar.

Edit: Nope totally not! Just checked again.

Now I'm guessing this is a Shallan flashback.

Edited by Stroniax

As if the darkness itself had come alive, something wrapped around her.

It pulled her farther into the deep.

Shallan as a child?

Eshonai Maybe? ? Could this be her changing into stormform? or a different new form.

Being pulled into the deep suggests water, so this could be from chapter 7, Shallan ends up in the water perhaps.

Edited by Duskshard

Yeah, my first thought was that it was either a shipwreck in Chapter 7 or a trip to Shadesmar. Either way, it's almost certainly Shallan.

Edit: 

Eshonai Maybe?

Ooh, yes. Maybe a new form? This is how they change forms? So many possibilities if it's Eshonai... 

Edited by Terra of Scadrial

The language makes me think of Shadesmar, but knowing that's possible for Jasnah and Shallan to go for an emergency swim, that's also likely. Eshonai embracing a stormform, while possible, just doesn't strike me as likely. 

I'm with Moogle on this, sounds like Shallan is in the water, maybe in Chapter 7, after the fire on board the ship. The Santhid "rescues" her in some way, and this is the action being described.

I think I'm going to locate each "glimpse" in the book when I get it and see how close to the actual setting I was in each case. Probably just a case of ritual humiliation in seeing just how far off the mark I was, but it could be amusing.

Ahh ...    this one I think is more Cosmere related?   a reply to Hoids letter?

Since Hoid is his masters name that he "stole"

The gemstone being dead though, I have no idea..

My only ideas are that this refers to either the black sphere that Szeth hid,  or whatever it was that Hoid had that he was keeping? though that is referred to as an element,  not a gem. really no clue on a dead gemstone.

Ahh ...    this one I think is more Cosmere related?   a reply to Hoids letter?

Since Hoid is his masters name that he "stole"

The gemstone being dead though, I have no idea..

My only ideas are that this refers to either the black sphere that Szeth hid,  or whatever it was that Hoid had that he was keeping? though that is referred to as an element,  not a gem. really no clue on a dead gemstone.

What is the spoiler here? it won't show. PM me

What is the spoiler here? it won't show. PM me

Does that mean you can't see this spoiler either?

The spoiler was that Hoid took his masters name. Hoid was, and note that this is not cannon since it is from an unpublished book, Topaz. That being said, this quote makes it partially cannon if this is the correct interpretation. The name Topaz may be what is being referred to as the gemstone.

Anyone else remember that time that Peter told us he would never have approved a glimpse if it showed Kaladin or Lopen flying?

Yeah. I didn't believe him either.

Clearly this is Shallan playing around with illusions when Adolin accidentally surprises her.

Adolin screamed something raw, a sound that echoed in his helm. He ignored the shouts of soldiers, the sound of rain, the sudden and unnatural crack behind him. He ran to the body on the ground.

Dalinar dies.

Noooooooooo!