Gavilar Kholin

bdoble97

Seeing how we are going to have alot of young Dalinar in flahbacks when Oathbringer comes out it got me wondering about Dalinars brother and who couls play him or at least who I think I could Envision him as. I think Ed Quinn would be great. I also think Jason Momoa would be an excellent young Dalinar the Blackthorn. 

22 minutes ago, Toaster Retribution said:

There are casting threads for Stormlight. One was active just a couple of weeks ago.

Personally, I dont really feel capable to cast Gavilar, due to lack of knowledge of asian actors. Daniel Wu maybe? 

To me I have not pictured any of the Kholin as asian ether white or middel eastern. But that's one of the best things about books everybody creates their own world within their Mind's Eye when the reading these epic books

15 minutes ago, bdoble97 said:

To me I have not pictured any of the Kholin as asian ether white or middel eastern. But that's one of the best things about books everybody creates their own world within their Mind's Eye when the reading these epic books

True that. I prefer going asian for the Alethi because Brandon describes them as middle eastern but with darker skin, if I remember correctly.

That said, everyone can of course imagine them in their own way :-)

8 minutes ago, Toaster Retribution said:

True that. I prefer going asian for the Alethi because Brandon describes them as middle eastern but with darker skin, if I remember correctly.

That said, everyone can of course imagine them in their own way :-)

I rember him saying middle eastern as well. How do you picture the Shin I see them as wicked white almost albino assian people. 

30 minutes ago, bdoble97 said:

The reason people go for Asian is that, save the shin, everyone on Roshar has an epicanthic fold fold to their eyes. 

That said, the ethnicities of Roshar do not exist on earth, so if we had an ethnicity that was middle eastern with stereotypical Asian eye structure, that would probably fit the Alethi well.

Edit: and I picture the shin as well... White. 

Edited by Calderis

11 minutes ago, bdoble97 said:

I rember him saying middle eastern as well. How do you picture the Shin I see them as wicked white almost albino assian people. 

I picture Shin as white european people. I'm pretty sure that is what Brandon imagines. 

To a certain extent I can picture others as white as well. For example, Im onboard for casting Rose Leslie as Shallan, and she is scottish (and also a bit too old). Shallan is supposed to have an asian look as well though, albeit fairer skin.

10 hours ago, stonedshaman said:

Honestly I always see shallan as looking like Karen Gillan (Amy pond from doctor who) in my head

I am not familiar with the actress or TV series of Doctor Who so I just looked her up as a good choice.

On 6/25/2017 at 0:19 PM, Toaster Retribution said:

For example, Im onboard for casting Rose Leslie as Shallan, and she is scottish (and also a bit too old). Shallan is supposed to have an asian look as well though, albeit fairer skin.

On 6/27/2017 at 8:33 AM, stonedshaman said:

Honestly I always see shallan as looking like Karen Gillan (Amy pond from doctor who) in my head

I can get on board with either of them playing Shallan. I always just took the artwork in Words of Radiance and thought of Shallan as looking like the artwork.

Related image

I guess i used artwork from the books to help picture the ethnicities of the characters and so i never thought of the Kholin's as Asian since the artwork doesn't seem to portray the Alethi as Asian from my recollections. 

25 minutes ago, gbazz4 said:

I can get on board with either of them playing Shallan. I always just took the artwork in Words of Radiance and thought of Shallan as looking like the artwork.

Related image

I guess i used artwork from the books to help picture the ethnicities of the characters and so i never thought of the Kholin's as Asian since the artwork doesn't seem to portray the Alethi as Asian from my recollections. 

Isn't that art just outstanding I hope we get an interior cover in oathbringer. Maybe one of a young Dalinar 

• Chaos locked this topic