Copyedit review of Oathbringer at 100%

Pattern

A short look on brandonsandson.com this morning showed 100% on the progress bar for Oathbringer. It's done! Now its time for a little joyous dance and the long waiting until November begins.

What are you guys doing until the release date? Me, I am going to reread Warbreaker, Way of Kings and Words of Radiance for sure -  but only after summer is over. Those "tiny" books should be done in one or two weeks -;)

Edited by Pattern

7 hours ago, Pattern said:

A short look on brandonsandson.com this morning showed 100% on the progress bar for Oathbringer. It's done! Now its time for a little joyous dance and the long waiting until November begins.

What are you guys doing until the release date? Me, I am going to reread Warbreaker, Way of Kings and Words of Radiance for sure -  but only after summer is over. Those "tiny" books should be done in one or two weeks -;)

Me and I reread all the cosmic books last summer don't know if I should reread them all again before the next book comes out maybe just re reread words of radiance I have never read a book three times though. I get so involved in The Stormlight books last summer I was paying an artist to draw the some of the characters that I've since post on this page.  

Just relistened to Stormlight. I'll hang out on the forums more now. Between then and now I'll be reading other stuff. Witchwood Crown just hit, so that's the current one. After that I'm not sure. Something different from Stormlight to keep the anticipation Spren away. Or maybe I'll finally redo the whole Wheel of Time. I finally got all the audiobooks last December.

7 minutes ago, Aminar said:

Just relistened to Stormlight. I'll hang out on the forums more now. Between then and now I'll be reading other stuff. Witchwood Crown just hit, so that's the current one. After that I'm not sure. Something different from Stormlight to keep the anticipation Spren away. Or maybe I'll finally redo the whole Wheel of Time. I finally got all the audiobooks last December.

Over a third done with The Dragonbone chair right now and am liking it much more this time around! I gave it a try, but didn't get far awhile back. I think the problem before is that looking at the cover and when it was published I thought it would move at the pace and have the complexity (or lack of) of a Feist Riftwar novel. I think going in with the proper mindset is making a huge difference!

What format did you get the WoT audiobooks? Did you find a bunch of CD's somehere or slowly collecting them on audible?

I reread both WoK and WoR while waiting for Arcanum Unbounded so I'm not going to do another reread so soon but I might skim a couple of chapters for fun. I've been following along with Alice Arneson's Warbreaker reread so I'll have that fresh in my head in November. Other than that, I'm probably going to be busy reading non-Sanderson things and will be attempting to finish the newest entry in the Legend of Heroes series (which has a Cosmere-like approach to narrative and speculation-fodder in game form) between its late September release and the arrival of Oathbringer so I certainly won't be bored in the home stretch.

Ummm.. He IS the Flash. But don't tell.

Actually, being the Flash isn't that helpful if you're typing. You can press the keys faster, but you have to wait for them to spring back up which really reduces your typing speed. He would have to write things by hand where he has full control over motion.

Edited by soulcastJam

That was actually a point of irritation in an episode of Stargate SG1. Carter (under the effects of an alien armband) was trying to use her temporary super-speed to write all the books she wanted to, but she was limited by the ability of the computer she was typing on to actually process her input. So yeah, even if Brandon had super-speed and a keyboard capable of handling it without breaking, he'd need a supercomputer to crank out books at lightning speed. Are scientists looking into this problem? If not, they should be.

18 hours ago, Pattern said:

What are you guys doing until the release date? 

I just finished Wax and Wayne about 2 weeks ago (Which, silly me, I was not intending to read because i am not big on western themes but got because Alloy of Law was on sale...I need to apologize to Mr. Sanderson because that series was fantastic!), I am currently reading Arcanum Unbounded (I couldn't wait until October to get the stand alone Edgedancer Novella, i needed me some Lift!). Once i am done with the rest of Arcanum i am going to begin rereading WOK, WOR, and Edgedancer to get me fully prepared for Oathbringer. :D

I've been reading The Dark Tower recently and bought the first Wheel of Time book a couple weeks ago too. Those series will keep me busy until November. I might re-read the first two SA books before November, but I haven't decided on that yet. I just read them both for the first time this past November/December, so they're still fairly fresh in my mind. 

On 6/29/2017 at 9:33 AM, Ammanas said:

Over a third done with The Dragonbone chair right now and am liking it much more this time around! I gave it a try, but didn't get far awhile back. I think the problem before is that looking at the cover and when it was published I thought it would move at the pace and have the complexity (or lack of) of a Feist Riftwar novel. I think going in with the proper mindset is making a huge difference!

What format did you get the WoT audiobooks? Did you find a bunch of CD's somehere or slowly collecting them on audible?

Audible. It's a big series and building it in a library while keeping up with new releases took a while. Especially with Malazan, which it would appear you like. I have all of those too, but haven't managed to finish Fall of Light yet. Everything else I've read.

Just now, Aminar said:

Audible. It's a big series and building it in a library while keeping up with new releases took a while. Especially with Malazan, which it would appear you like. I have all of those too, but haven't managed to finish Fall of Light yet. Everything else I've read.

I didn't like Fall of Light (but plan on giving it another try. Forge of Darkness was ok. I love the 10 book main series. Might be my all time favorite (it changes).

Just now, Ammanas said:

I didn't like Fall of Light (but plan on giving it another try. Forge of Darkness was ok. I love the 10 book main series. Might be my all time favorite (it changes).

I love the main series and really enjoy a lot of Esslemont's stuff. But I wanted Forge and Fall to feel more Alien(like Stormlight archive). For whatever reason they just feel bog standard where the main timepoint is anything but.

3 minutes ago, Aminar said:

I love the main series and really enjoy a lot of Esslemont's stuff. But I wanted Forge and Fall to feel more Alien(like Stormlight archive). For whatever reason they just feel bog standard where the main timepoint is anything but.

For me the problem is the philosophical musings. If you allow me a metaphor: the musings are like salt (he added some in the main series and it added flavor to it). In the kharkhanus books he dumps the entire salt shaker on the plate and ruins the meal.

Edited by Ammanas

There are too many of them. Which cuts down on the description... And I dunno. I get sticking in character and all that. I could never hope to write a series as beautifully complicated as Malazan, but man, I just wanted the tiste to feel different. If they felt as epic as they do in the main series I'd be all over it, musings and all.

• Chaos locked this topic