Oathbringer interior cover

bdoble97

I know we have seen them cover of holding but with Words of Radiance there was a second interior cover. Does anybody think that the interior covered could be Dalinar maybe a young version of him because we're going to have a lot of his flashbacks or him as the bond Smith and some cool epic looking clothing. 

3 minutes ago, bdoble97 said:

That would be cool bc I have no ide what the Nightwatcher looks like. 

I have imagined it as a giant spider...although I realize I have no reason to do so. I'm sure we will get a description in Oathvember (as the 11th month will now be called for this year only).

Edited by Ammanas

Oathvember, right up there with Febtober as the greatest non-month of all.

Anyhow, I won't be surprised if the interior has some Dalinar artwork but I'm expecting it to be in the present-day, as the Shallan art in WoR was.

34 minutes ago, bdoble97 said:

That would be cool bc I have no ide what the Nightwatcher looks like.

31 minutes ago, Ammanas said:

I have imagined it as a giant spider

I always imagined the Nightwatcher as a tree. Am I boring? Or am I too much a fan of the Kingkiller Chronicles and subconsciously modeled the Nightwatcher after Cthaeh?

2 hours ago, CaptainRyan said:

I always imagined the Nightwatcher as a tree. Am I boring? Or am I too much a fan of the Kingkiller Chronicles and subconsciously modeled the Nightwatcher after Cthaeh?

So, you probably already know this but you know that the Cthaeh is a creature that lives in the tree right? Speaking of which Nick Pedehl, the narrator for the audiobooks, picked a amazing voice for it. It came across as frightening, sardonical, and confident all at the same time.

1 minute ago, Ammanas said:

So, you probably already know this but you know that the Cthaeh is a creature that lives in the tree right? Speaking of which Nick Pedehl, the narrator for the audiobooks, picked a amazing voice for it. It came across as frightening, sardonical, and confident all at the same time.

Excellent point. To be honest, I frequently forget that something lived in the tree. :ph34r:

I seem to be the only one who didn't imagine the Nightwatcher as anything but a person. I'm not the most imaginative though. 

And I'm glad to see my Oathvember ridiculousness has caught on :) (unless people were saying that way before me and this is an 'inventing the Internet' incident :D)

4 hours ago, Ammanas said:

I have imagined it as a giant spider...although I realize I have no reason to do so. I'm sure we will get a description in Oathvember (as the 11th month will now be called for this year only).

O man i hope not i hate spinders. 

4 hours ago, Weltall said:

Oathvember, right up there with Febtober as the greatest non-month of all.

Anyhow, I won't be surprised if the interior has some Dalinar artwork but I'm expecting it to be in the present-day, as the Shallan art in WoR was.

Dalinar in present day you are probably rightI

2 minutes ago, Extesian said:

I seem to be the only one who didn't imagine the Nightwatcher as anything but a person. I'm not the most imaginative though. 

I also saw her as a person, but the only distinguishing features that ever crossed my mind were a form that was vaguely female(semi-androgynous form), a light voice, and the color purple(don't ask, I don't remember)

I don't know how to describe how I envision the Nightwatcher. She's a mega spren... I see a vaguely human face on a shape-shifting body. I actually imagine she appears in much the same way she grants boons/curses. Individualized to the person seeing her. Sometimes based on their fears, others of what would make them comfortable. 

If someone asks my personal opinion on whom I would love to see within the inside cover, then my answer is easy: Dalinar. Preferably with his sons, but him alone would be nice as well. I am among those who weren't enthralled by the cover being Jasnah, so I'd really love if the inside was more in-line with the book we are about to read.

16 minutes ago, maxal said:

If someone asks my personal opinion on whom I would love to see within the inside cover, then my answer is easy: Dalinar. Preferably with his sons, but him alone would be nice as well. I am among those who weren't enthralled by the cover being Jasnah, so I'd really love if the inside was more in-line with the book we are about to read.

I would love ro see Dalinar with his sons. I saw this today for tbe 1st time and loved it.

stormlight0203_2.jpg

Meh I don't know. He looks a bit too roguish to me here, with the open collar and flaring coat. 

It certainly looks good, but I've always imagined him looking more formal. The hair is spot on though.
Also, weren't the Alethi supposed to be darker skinned than that?

4 minutes ago, TheLordRuler said:

Meh I don't know. He looks a bit too roguish to me here, with the open collar and flaring coat. 

It certainly looks good, but I've always imagined him looking more formal. The hair is spot on though.
Also, weren't the Alethi supposed to be darker skinned than that?

Adolin and Renarin are lighter skinned than your average Alethi because of their mother, so the skin color is probably not that off. I see what you mean about him looking more formal, less roguish, but it is one of the only depiction I have seen of Adolin where he is actually handsome. It is not perfect, but it is by far the best I have seen.

Edited by maxal

Just now, maxal said:

Adolin and Renarin are lighter skinned than your average Alethi because of their mother, so the skin color is probably not that off. I see what you mean about him looking for formal, less roguish, but it is one of the only depiction I have seen of Adolin where he is actually handsome. It is not perfect, but it is by far the best I have seen.

Fair enough. I'll admit that it is a good depiction. A quick google search tells me all about the 'quality' of other Adolin impressions. 

Hopefully, we can get an official image of him with the upcoming book, similar to the Shallan images.

8 hours ago, TheLordRuler said:

Hopefully, we can get an official image of him with the upcoming book, similar to the Shallan images.

We did get that sketch in Words of Radiance.

Clipboard01.jpg.cafc6e12777d6fea7e326d0f80f0adb1.jpg

Though I admit I'd love to see a full interior illustration of him and Renarin.

10 hours ago, maxal said:

Adolin and Renarin are lighter skinned than your average Alethi because of their mother, so the skin color is probably not that off. I see what you mean about him looking more formal, less roguish, but it is one of the only depiction I have seen of Adolin where he is actually handsome. It is not perfect, but it is by far the best I have seen.

This is what I'm going to picture for now on what I'm reading about adolin and his brother. Good point about his mother in his skin being lighter than his father's have picture his mother is Michelle Pfeiffer don't know why I like cuz I think she's absolutely drop-dead gorgeous. Thought they described as a small blonde in the sample chapters of oathbringer even if they didn't I'm going to picture Michelle Pfeiffer as her cuz she's been one of my favorites for years

19 hours ago, TheLordRuler said:

Fair enough. I'll admit that it is a good depiction. A quick google search tells me all about the 'quality' of other Adolin impressions. 

I guess it all depends how we initially viewed the character. The problem I have had with most of Adolin's depictions is he is never made to really be handsome... Artists will often draw Kaladin as more handsome than Adolin which isn't what canon tells us.

10 hours ago, Rasarr said:

We did get that sketch in Words of Radiance.

Though I admit I'd love to see a full interior illustration of him and Renarin.

It is true we have this, but it isn't a full image. It is not bad, but it also isn't my favorite.

8 hours ago, bdoble97 said:

This is what I'm going to picture for now on what I'm reading about adolin and his brother. Good point about his mother in his skin being lighter than his father's have picture his mother is Michelle Pfeiffer don't know why I like cuz I think she's absolutely drop-dead gorgeous. Thought they described as a small blonde in the sample chapters of oathbringer even if they didn't I'm going to picture Michelle Pfeiffer as her cuz she's been one of my favorites for years

It has been confirmed by WoB Adolin and Renarin's skin tone would be lighter than your average Alethi because of their mother. It is never specified in books because Alethi do not care about skin color. Hence, the boys probably are somewhere in between Shallan and Dalinar, in terms of skin tone which means anything which isn't pale white nor dark tanned is probably good enough. It also means all fanart which depicts Adolin as darker skinned than Kaladin are canonically wrong as Brandon did confirm it was the other way around.

I love Michelle Pfeiffer, a young Michelle Pfeiffer is probably a good depiction for Shshshsh. She isn't however exactly small as the excerpt does specify she was nearly as tall as Alethi and thus very tall for a Riran. It is how Adolin got to be a tall man, but not as tall as his father. Her slender limbs are probably what made Renarin look so fragile to your average Alethi and also what, combined to his heritage from his father, makes Adolin look much less physically imposing than his father (whom I imagined as a huge mass of gigantic muscles).

2 hours ago, maxal said:

I guess it all depends how we initially viewed the character. The problem I have had with most of Adolin's depictions is he is never made to really be handsome... Artists will often draw Kaladin as more handsome than Adolin which isn't what canon tells us.

It is true we have this, but it isn't a full image. It is not bad, but it also isn't my favorite.

It has been confirmed by WoB Adolin and Renarin's skin tone would be lighter than your average Alethi because of their mother. It is never specified in books because Alethi do not care about skin color. Hence, the boys probably are somewhere in between Shallan and Dalinar, in terms of skin tone which means anything which isn't pale white nor dark tanned is probably good enough. It also means all fanart which depicts Adolin as darker skinned than Kaladin are canonically wrong as Brandon did confirm it was the other way around.

I love Michelle Pfeiffer, a young Michelle Pfeiffer is probably a good depiction for Shshshsh. She isn't however exactly small as the excerpt does specify she was nearly as tall as Alethi and thus very tall for a Riran. It is how Adolin got to be a tall man, but not as tall as his father. Her slender limbs are probably what made Renarin look so fragile to your average Alethi and also what, combined to his heritage from his father, makes Adolin look much less physically imposing than his father (whom I imagined as a huge mass of gigantic muscles).

What do you think of Jason Momoa as a young Dalinar. ( small Spolier for Dalinar flashback) 

When Dalinar pulls out the arrow from his armor and then runs on horseback and finds the sniper/Bowman I definitely thought of a crazy Warrior and with what we've seen from his Aquaman in the trailers of the new Justice League movie I think that would fit perfectly. I still absolutely love a mix of William Hurt character from Robin Hood and his General Thunderbolt Ross as a older Dalinar .