Just now, OrlokTsubodai said:

@cloudjumper, best to differentiate between Elenion and Elbereth? From (quite a wealth of) experience, I can tell you that Elbereth goes by El. It's clear who you are voting on, but I'd rather put confusion to bed now.

Oh okay sorry. I generally use Elb for Elbereth and El for Elenion, but I'll change that right now.

13 minutes ago, Roadwalker said:

Um... 1 for 1 trade? If he is lying, then we lynch him, so the Alethi lose one life. We lose three lives, which, us not having the numerical advantage, is ba sically more than we can afford. Makes perfect sense for a SoH to do.

Antagonizing you guys by killing a vanilla parshendi would be an awful idea at this point. 3-4 voidbringers are no joke. Alethi's best hope at this point is to wait and kill a voidbringer, which is what I did.

1 minute ago, cloudjumper said:

Oh okay sorry. I generally use Elb for Elbereth and El for Elenion, but I'll change that right now.

you could use Len for elenion.

15 hours ago, Elenion said:

We know (well, I know), that Aster is lying about my alignment, so one of two things happened:

1. Aster scanned me, knows I'm vanilla Parsh, and lied anyway in order to get me lynched.

2. Aster scanned someone else (let's say Drake or Alv), and lied about my alignment to clean me up with the lynch and because he believed I was likely a Voidbringer.

(and I guess, 3, Aster isn't even a scanner, but that's actually very similar to number 2)

If Aster went with option one, he would have known that what he was doing was suicide, a 1 for 1 trade that benefits the Alethi and therefore is a good early-game move.

If Aster went with option two, he wouldn't know my true alignment, and so he was making a gamble. If he was wrong, he would die and create a 1 for 1 trade like before. But if by luck I had actually been a Voidbringer, he would be widely-trusted, alive, and with an extra turn's worth of scan results.

Now if I was Aster, and I had contemplated doing this before putting in my action, I would have considered the two options, and I would have taken option 2 because of the potential for a great victory and turning point. We're assuming that he had known or suspected beforehand--by gut read, logic, or Ghostblood contacts--that I would survive the lynch and that he was planning today's events in advance, but given that assumption he would have had no reason to choose option 1 and actually scan me.

And if this were... hm. Maill? I could see Maill doing that. Maybe. And maybe Joe, if he were being a particular troll, maybe, and also didn't care if he lived because he had exams or something. 

But no one else that I can think of would pull such a stunt. Certainly not Asterion. It's too messy, and not all that necessary. 

Nice argument, though. Props for this one. 

28 minutes ago, cloudjumper said:

Please don't call me Elb? :P It's my second-least-favourite-nickname. 

25 minutes ago, Elbereth said:

And if this were... hm. Maill? I could see Maill doing that. Maybe. And maybe Joe, if he were being a particular troll, maybe, and also didn't care if he lived because he had exams or something. 

But no one else that I can think of would pull such a stunt. Certainly not Asterion. It's too messy, and not all that necessary. 

Nice argument, though. Props for this one. 

Please don't call me Elb? :P It's my second-least-favourite-nickname. 

Actually I've saved several of Elenion's posts for future use of his hypothetical plan. i will definetely do that at some point.

Day 3: Murder Most Foul

Eshonai sighed in her tent. Today had been the worst it possibly could have been. The Alethi delegation had come to her with evidence that one of her own had been tampering with forbidden powers.

With no choice, she had ordered the execution of one of her own in front of the whole camp.

Things had not improved after another of her people was murdered. By an Alethi, no doubt, with the telltale marks of a Shardblade on his body. Perhaps peace was impossible. Perhaps she should try to kill the whole Alethi delegation, hamstringing their leadership.

But no. Dalinar was an honorable man. She would trust him for a moment longer.

--------------------------------------

cya_1500339600.png

Day 3 has begun! It will end in somewhat less than 48 hours. Remember that there is no Night Cycle - all actions are performed during the Day Turn, along with votes and the lynch.

Plato Anderson (Elenion) was lynched! He was a Voidbringer!

Arbol (Roadwalker) was killed! He was a Voidbringer!

Aredor (asterion137) was attacked but survived!

Vote Count:

Elenion (16): Yitzi, BrightnessRadiant, StrikerEZ, Drake Marshall, Crimsn-Wolf, Megasif, Straw, Sami, Frozen Mint, Jondesu, Roadwalker, Elbereth, cloudjumper

Alethi Player List:

1. Locke @OrlokTsubodai
  2. Straw @Straw
  3. Unnamed Character 1 @BrightnessRadiant
  4. Ethelinar @StrikerEZ
  5. Zephyras @Megasif
  6. Stick @_Stick_
  7. Samar @Sami
  8. TBD @A Joe in the Bush
  9. Aredor @asterion137
  10. Max Mercury @The Flash
  11. Rif @Yitzi2
  12. Unnamed Character 4 @Sart
  13. Raaman @Hemalurgic_Headshot
  14. Unnamed Character 5 @Crimsn-Wolf
  15. Kreshela @Elbereth

Parshendi Player List:

1. Kintas @Jondesu
  2. Kyner @Drake Marshall
  3. Anya @Daniyah
  4. Mint @Frozen Mint
  5. Corinoc @cloudjumper
  6. Petyr and Cranium @Alvron

The Dead

1. Plato Anderson (Elenion). Voidbringer Decayform
  2. Arbol (Roadwalker). Voidbringer Decayform
Edited by Seonid

32 minutes ago, OrlokTsubodai said:

I'm an Artifabrian, and have scanned Jondesu, who is a Ghostblood.

No.  Just no.  We are not lynching another Parshendi this cycle no matter what your scan says!  Right from the start of this game I have had the feeling that this would turn out to be another MR7 and I won't have it!  Kill him if you want but not by the lynch.  For this cycle and the next, an Alethi is to be strung up!

For those that are unaware, which is most of you, MR7 had a faction that had no powers other than a Double life and all the other factions ganged up and killed us just because we were spies in their Doc.  It didn't matter that we had no kills, no votes manipulations and fewer numbers than the others they went on a witch hunt to kill us above everyone else.  It even got to the point that we had to be given a kill and an extra player just so we had even a slim chance of doing some damage as we died.

Even on day one of this game there have been those that wanted to target the Parshendi just because we had extra lives.  I had hoped for better from you Orlok as you were right there with me in MR7 watching us getting butchered.

If you want to string up a Ghostblood then go after Yitzi.  Jon was the only Parshendi not to vote for Yitzi so that's a very good indication that he's a Ghostblood too but we are not lynching a Parshendi this round!

Apologies - somewhat busy right now. Further thoughts to follow. The salient point I'd make, Alv, is that Jondesu has never been a Parshendi. He's not a part of your team, and can't win with you. We're not lynching a Parshendi for the third cycle in the row.

1 minute ago, OrlokTsubodai said:

Apologies - somewhat busy right now. Further thoughts to follow. The salient point I'd make, Alv, is that Jondesu has never been a Parshendi. He's not a part of your team, and can't win with you. We're not lynching a Parshendi for the third cycle in the row.

He is a Parshendi.  He can change forms just like the rest of us.  Just because our wins aren't compatible isn't the point.  You are lynching another member of my faction as your claim hasn't been proven.  You want to kill him, fine.  Unlike us, you have plenty of kill abilities so use one of those but not the lynch.

If we are to lynch a Son or Alethi ghostblood this round, you guys should get back to us with scan results.  I'm open to lynching an Alethi ghostblood or, failing anything else, a Son now that the threat of voidbringers has essentially been neutralized. Roadwalker did himself in by attacking me under a Highprince's protection so it wasn't one of our vigs, if that makes a difference to you. Makes me wonder what the ghostbloods are even doing with their kill.

I'm kind of tired right now, so I'm not gonna work too hard on this post right now.

Hmmm...that's certainly interesting. I'm glad that we managed to get rid of two Voidbringers. It'll make peace so much easier this game. I'm assuming that there's probably 1-2 more Voidbringers out there. I'm inclined to believe that there's only one, because otherwise, assuming there's at least 1 Ghostblood Parshendi as well (which is supposedly Jon), that'd leave less than half of the Parshendi unaligned. Plus, now that we know Jon's role (probably), we can take him out later at any time. In order to show that us Alethi are actually willing to fight for peace, I'm willing to lynch Yitzi right now, because he's probably a SoH. I don't think he's a Ghostblood, though who knows?

Edited by StrikerEZ
Fixed grammar lol Also, I was dumb. I said there'd be half of the Parshendi as unaligned, when I meant less than half

1 minute ago, asterion137 said:

If we are to lynch a Son or Alethi ghostblood this round, you guys should get back to us with scan results.  I'm open to lynching an Alethi ghostblood or, failing anything else, a Son now that the threat of voidbringers has essentially been neutralized. Roadwalker did himself in by attacking me under a Highprince's protection so it wasn't one of our vigs, if that makes a difference to you. Makes me wonder what the ghostbloods are even doing with their kill.

Roadwalker was not the one to attack you as a Decayform attack doesn't trigger the Highprince block/kill ability.

9 minutes ago, Alvron said:

Roadwalker was not the one to attack you as a Decayform attack doesn't trigger the Highprince block/kill ability.

Well, I do agree that Roadwalker couldn't have attacked asterion, because the Highprince protection wouldn't have been triggered and asterion would've died instead. So I think Roadwalker was killed by a Shardbearer with a Shardblade. That's the only real explanation.

And, @asterion137 that leaves you with some explaining. Since Roadwalker couldn't have killed you, but you were attacked and survived, but no one else is dead, that means you couldn't have been protected by a Highprince. Care to explain?

EDIT: Just ninja'd by asterion, never mind then I guess.

Edited by StrikerEZ

2 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Well, I do agree that Roadwalker couldn't have attacked asterion, because the Highprince protection wouldn't have been triggered and asterion would've died instead. So I think Roadwalker was killed by a Shardbearer with a Shardblade. That's the only real explanation.

And, @asterion137 that leaves you with some explaining. Since Roadwalker couldn't have killed you, but you were attacked and survived, but no one else is dead, that means you couldn't have been protected by a Highprince. Care to explain?

I requested protection from a probable son of honor who mentioned a highprince. Might have been a guardsman who ended up protecting me instead, although I don't know why my contact would mislead me.

Edited by asterion137

4 minutes ago, asterion137 said:

I requested protection from a probable son of honor who mentioned a highprince. Might have been a guardsman instead, although I don't know why my contact would mislead me.

Ah okay, that makes sense. Sorry for coming at you like that. It was just a big misunderstanding! :D

Though that does make me wonder why that contact of yours claimed Highprince when they were guardsman. Are you sure they didn't say that they had a guardsmen ally protect you? I'm just trying to piece this together, because that's really weird.

6 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Ah okay, that makes sense. Sorry for coming at you like that. It was just a big misunderstanding! :D

Though that does make me wonder why that contact of yours claimed Highprince when they were guardsman. Are you sure they didn't say that they had a guardsmen ally protect you? I'm just trying to piece this together, because that's really weird.

I asked for protection and they said they would be securing protection for me that night. Then later they said they were in contact with a claimed highprince. Now that I look back at the PM they didn't really assure highprince protection but I read it that way since they were talking about how good it would be if a voidbringer or Ghostblood died to the highprince.

Edited by asterion137

5 minutes ago, asterion137 said:

I asked for protection and they said they would be giving me protection that night. Then later they said they were in contact with a claimed highprince. Now that I look back at the PM they didn't really assure highprince protection but I read it that way since they were talking about how good it would be if a voidbringer or Ghostblood died to the highprince.

Ah...I think the problem just sounds like a miscommunication problem, not really a lying problem. Of course, without the PM to see for myself, who knows?

EDIT: I realized it could've been miscommunication between your contact and the Highprince. Maybe they both thought they were supposed to protect you.

@Seonid Okay, Person A is protected by Person B, a Guardsman. Person A is also protected by Person C, a Highprince. Person D attacks Person A. What happens?

Edited by StrikerEZ

31 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Ah...I think the problem just sounds like a miscommunication problem, not really a lying problem. Of course, without the PM to see for myself, who knows?

EDIT: I realized it could've been miscommunication between your contact and the Highprince. Maybe they both thought they were supposed to protect you.

@Seonid Okay, Person A is protected by Person B, a Guardsman. Person A is also protected by Person C, a Highprince. Person D attacks Person A. What happens?

The highprince's protection would trigger before the guardsman

Just now, Seonid said:

The highprince's protection would trigger before the guardsman

Hmmm....

Okay, I guess that isn't the case then. I don't know what it could be, and I'm tired and have already spent way too much time trying to figure this out lol. :P

I'm slightly disappointed. Sani is supposed to be my subtle fast talking character, but instead i'm going to have to play this game straight forward.

I have made up my mind. I will only be analyzing the Alethi players from now on. I will be hunting for the sons of Honour and the Ghostbloods among them as i pursue the Unaligned peace Treaty Goal. As a player of Eighty Splendid Sons, i can do no less.

Yesterday, when I analysed the thread, i found 5 people who i thought might be sons or heavily working with the sons: Yitzi, Flash. Asterion, Stick, and StrikerEZ. EDIT: Orlok, not Stick. See posts below

Of those 5, I am most confident in Orlok Tsubodai's Honour (Or lack thereof? dunno). The Unaligned players are far more Neutral than actually a faction. They can win with the other Unaligned faction, by themselves, or with their associated evil faction. Their only win condition is to survive. In such a game, i would expect Orlok to actively pursue this neutrality. (Go look at L35 Miz for a clear cut example) But Orlok has made it extremely clear that he is actively working towards the win condition of the Sons of Honour. All of his actions, both apparent and claimed, have backed up his intent. By all appearances, he is an Artifabrian Son of Honour, and i will do my darnedest to get him lynched. 

I'd rather take the victory that this game is about, rather than the quick and dirty victory.

Edited by A Joe in the Bush
See Bolded words.