[OB] Reading Oathbringer

Ammanas

Reading Oathbringer  

166 members have voted

1. 1. How will you read Oathbringer?

• I will receive my copy on Nov. 14 and read as quickly as I can.
    • I will receive my copy within the first week and savor it by reading it slowly. It's going to be a long time untill the next one.
    • I will purchase a copy on the within the first week to support the author and read it when I get the chance
    • I will wait for the paperback
    • I will wait for a library copy
    • I will buy it eventually, and read at my own pace.
    • None of the above

I pre-ordered the book on Amazon, it will be shipped home on November 14th and then, I will immediately start reading it. I am however quite slow, not at reading, but at finding enough reading time, so huh it will probably be weeks before I am done with it. My challenge will be to avoid spoilers.

5 minutes ago, iamstick said:

How do things normally work here? Are there chapter-based spoiler sections so people who read at different paces can talk specifically to that point?

No, I don't think so.

17 minutes ago, iamstick said:

How do things normally work here? Are there chapter-based spoiler sections so people who read at different paces can talk specifically to that point?

It's best to just avoid the spoiler board til you're done.

Thread titles are usually safe, but I just wouldn't risk it 

Edited by Calderis

I got lucky and got a reserved signed copy waiting for me at Barnes and Noble. I have this weird thing were I don't want an autographed book unless I personally get it signed by an author at an event or something. Made an exception in this case cus no author in the history of man has toured where I'm stationed lol. 

1 minute ago, Kered said:

I got lucky and got a reserved signed copy waiting for me at Barnes and Noble. I have this weird thing were I don't want an autographed book unless I personally get it signed by an author at an event or something. Made an exception in this case cus no author in the history of man has toured where I'm stationed lol. 

Brandon signs and personalizes and ships them to you from his website store at no extra cost! (Just book price + shipping)

5 minutes ago, Ravi said:

Brandon signs and personalizes and ships them to you from his website store at no extra cost! (Just book price + shipping)

I hadn't heard of this until just recently and by the time I had, I had already pre-ordered. But I did order WoK and WoR signed from the website, thanks for the heads up!

On 6/7/2017 at 10:20 PM, axcellence said:

I saw on brandon's official site's store that if you buy the hardcopy for Shadown beneath, you'll get the ebook free.

i looked at the store but i didn't see that offer. where did you find it? and how can I find out if there will be a similar offer for oathbringer?

3 hours ago, Toaster Retribution said:

I am considering ordering a signed copy from Brandons website, but I live in Sweden, so I dont know how long it will take to get it shipped, or how much money it would cost me. 

I might just get it at a local bookstore otherwise.

We can have signed copies from Brandon's site? I did not know... Do we get them on November 14th or weeks later? I live in Canada, so huh shipping time shouldn't take too long except the one time I ordered a book well... they had go from Utah to Colorado, to somewhere in the West, to Toronto, then to Montreal :o It got stuck in Colorado for days. Then it got stuck in custom :rolleyes: Worst shipping ever :o

1 hour ago, maxal said:

We can have signed copies from Brandon's site? I did not know... Do we get them on November 14th or weeks later? I live in Canada, so huh shipping time shouldn't take too long except the one time I ordered a book well... they had go from Utah to Colorado, to somewhere in the West, to Toronto, then to Montreal :o It got stuck in Colorado for days. Then it got stuck in custom :rolleyes: Worst shipping ever :o

You can order them from his store. Oathbringer isnt availible there yet, but I guess pre-order will be up closer to release.

Suggestions to all, I was thinking it would be nice if we were to have sub sections dedicated to each part of Oathbringer, free of spoilers for the subsequent parts. I know I am not the fastest reader, so I know I will finish the book after many others, but I would still enjoy the opportunity to discuss what I have read so far without running into spoilers. Also, I thought it would be neat to record our perceptions, our thoughts and where we think it is going on a part by part basis?

Are there any other takers?

16 minutes ago, maxal said:

I think its a great idea! I would take part in it. Perhaps have a sticky thread title for each "part"for the first month and then merge them together into one afterwards?

9 minutes ago, Ammanas said:

I think its a great idea! I would take part in it. Perhaps have a sticky thread title for each "part"for the first month and then merge them together into one afterwards?

Eventually, the threads would be merge, but for the first few months, I'd be great for all readers to have a place to discuss the book depending on where they are at.  I know I will want to share my thoughts after each part, but I won't be able to do so within the main board because I will definitely run into spoilers.

37 minutes ago, maxal said:

Suggestions to all, I was thinking it would be nice if we were to have sub sections dedicated to each part of Oathbringer, free of spoilers for the subsequent parts. I know I am not the fastest reader, so I know I will finish the book after many others, but I would still enjoy the opportunity to discuss what I have read so far without running into spoilers. Also, I thought it would be neat to record our perceptions, our thoughts and where we think it is going on a part by part basis?

I'd be interested, we could also make sub-groups on the Discord server. 

4 minutes ago, maxal said:

I never used Discord... I'll admit not really knowing what it is :ph34r:

Basically a beefed up version of Skype. The Shard has a server on there where you can create sub-groups and IM with the group. 

Just now, Kered said:

Basically a beefed up version of Skype. The Shard has a server on there where you can create sub-groups and IM with the group. 

So talking-talking, not writing? This is not for me :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, Extesian said:

I resisted it @maxal but it's quite good. Totally fine just to type, that's the norm. I prefer the forum but some great discussions take place 

Agreed, it's fun to read some of those debates haha. 

Buying the book ASAP from the independant store that Brandon always visits when he's in my area but I'll probably be reading it at a slow pace in order to savor it. I've exhausted my Brandon Backlog aside from a couple short stories so I want to make this last.

I'll keep rereading TWoK and WoR, theorizing, and arguing with my sister about Adolin not turning evil/dying/being champion of Odium/going mad with power (she really hates him for some reason) until it comes out.  I'll buy the Kindle version off Amazon the morning of the 14th.  I'll read it as quickly as I possibly can and spend the next few agonizing years waiting for the next book while rereading TWoK, WoR, and Oathbringer, theorizing, and arguing with my sister about Adolin not turning evil/dying/being champion of Odium/going mad with power.  

Edited by Edgedancer_01