[OB] Reading Oathbringer

Ammanas

Reading Oathbringer  

166 members have voted

1. 1. How will you read Oathbringer?

• I will receive my copy on Nov. 14 and read as quickly as I can.
    • I will receive my copy within the first week and savor it by reading it slowly. It's going to be a long time untill the next one.
    • I will purchase a copy on the within the first week to support the author and read it when I get the chance
    • I will wait for the paperback
    • I will wait for a library copy
    • I will buy it eventually, and read at my own pace.
    • None of the above

On 7/8/2017 at 11:30 AM, Toaster Retribution said:

I am considering ordering a signed copy from Brandons website, but I live in Sweden, so I dont know how long it will take to get it shipped, or how much money it would cost me. 

I might just get it at a local bookstore otherwise.

I live in sweden too, my biggest fear is that they wont sell oathbringer in my local bookstore the day of its release, or that ill have to wait two weeks for internet shipping.

2 hours ago, Discofrish said:

I live in sweden too, my biggest fear is that they wont sell oathbringer in my local bookstore the day of its release, or that ill have to wait two weeks for internet shipping.

Yay, I found a fellow swede! If you live in Stockholm, Göteborg or Malmö, it shouldn't be a problem. Check out Sci-fi bokhandeln (if you haven't heard of it before). They can probably provide it on release.

On 8/5/2017 at 1:53 PM, Toaster Retribution said:

Yay, I found a fellow swede! If you live in Stockholm, Göteborg or Malmö, it shouldn't be a problem. Check out Sci-fi bokhandeln (if you haven't heard of it before). They can probably provide it on release.

Nope, i live a good 40min from Malmö, but do you think Akademibokhandeln might provide it on release if i ask?

2 hours ago, Discofrish said:

Nope, i live a good 40min from Malmö, but do you think Akademibokhandeln might provide it on release if i ask?

I checked their webpage, and they had three different editions for it, with very wierd release dates. 1st of november, 14th of november and 16th of november... 1st of november cant be correct, but the other two might work. Those might be the Gollancz editions though, which are split into two parts. But you could definitely email Akademibokhandeln and ask.

My answer to this poll was 'multiple choice'.  I know I won't be able to get it on Day One, because our primary bookstore (Hastings) went out of business and so there's nothing to fill the void.  This means I'll have to see if I can get it delivered from ordering online, and that'll take time.

Cue the need for placing a hold at the library, answer number two.

This is what I had to do for Arcanum Unbound; the library had it ready before my order arrived. >_>

Right now I have the Audio Book preordered through Audible....Have 2 Copies of the UK Edition ordered through Book Depository and will order a copy or two of the US Edition through Brandon's website when they put it up late October..

I spend 2 hours or so a day in the car so will probably start with the Audio book..

Mine's a little unique I think. I live in South Africa but I'm from Canada. Now, I don't see a South African distributor getting it out to the shops right away (not exactly speedy) and they use the UK cover here, which (no offence to our British brethren) I'm not super keen on. Love that garish Michael Whelan art and all my other signed (giving myself some street cred here) are the North American versions.

Anyways I've already pre-ordered my copy of it as an ebook, which is the method I've used in the last two years to read instead of having to move my entire library overseas (there are a lot of books) but I'm going to get a hardcover edition to add to my collection just as soon as I visit Canada again. Also my exams may or may not be done by the time Oathbringer hits my reading app on my iPad, so I may have to save myself for it because if I start reading mid-exam session I will be ruined and fail everything after November 14.  

On 8/9/2017 at 4:02 PM, Toaster Retribution said:

I checked their webpage, and they had three different editions for it, with very wierd release dates. 1st of november, 14th of november and 16th of november... 1st of november cant be correct, but the other two might work. Those might be the Gollancz editions though, which are split into two parts. But you could definitely email Akademibokhandeln and ask.

Which website? Are you getting it in sci-fi bokhandeln? or are you gonna wait for a while before purchasing it on adlibris or something?

Im going to try to ask akademibokhandeln but there have been more 'anticipated' english releases of books that took days to come to the store.

45 minutes ago, Discofrish said:

Which website? Are you getting it in sci-fi bokhandeln? or are you gonna wait for a while before purchasing it on adlibris or something?

Im going to try to ask akademibokhandeln but there have been more 'anticipated' english releases of books that took days to come to the store.

I checked Akademibokhandelns webpage. Personally, I will either go to Sci-fi bokhandeln, or get a signed copy shipped to Sweden from Brandons site. Haven't really decided yet.

58 minutes ago, Toaster Retribution said:

I checked Akademibokhandelns webpage. Personally, I will either go to Sci-fi bokhandeln, or get a signed copy shipped to Sweden from Brandons site. Haven't really decided yet.

Ive wanted a signed copy from his website but im not patient enough to wait months, especially not oathbringer :(

Ill ask akademibokhandeln, worst case ill have to go to malmö and buy it there. 

Brandon doesn't usually add signed books to his site until they've been out for a year.

There are usually signed copies available from Weller Book Works, which you can order ahead of release. Usually they don't arrive until a week or two after release, so I buy an ebook copy as well. If I recall correctly, Brandon said Oathbringer orders from Weller should start about two months before the release date.

12 hours ago, Toaster Retribution said:

You sure ordering it from the site would take months?

from Brandon's site? id guess a few weeks for it to get signed, then another 2-3 weeks for it to reach here, maybe 1,5 months? 

Akademibokhandeln answered btw- they said you could order the book after its been released, but i'll just go for Adlibris instead, less fuss.

11 hours ago, dendrophobe said:

Brandon doesn't usually add signed books to his site until they've been out for a year.

There are usually signed copies available from Weller Book Works, which you can order ahead of release. Usually they don't arrive until a week or two after release, so I buy an ebook copy as well. If I recall correctly, Brandon said Oathbringer orders from Weller should start about two months before the release date.

That sucks, makes sense though as he'd probably get a ton of request for new releases. 

On ‎10‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 10:46 PM, Goatbringer said:

Mine's a little unique I think. I live in South Africa but I'm from Canada. Now, I don't see a South African distributor getting it out to the shops right away (not exactly speedy) and they use the UK cover here, which (no offence to our British brethren) I'm not super keen on. Love that garish Michael Whelan art and all my other signed (giving myself some street cred here) are the North American versions.

Anyways I've already pre-ordered my copy of it as an ebook, which is the method I've used in the last two years to read instead of having to move my entire library overseas (there are a lot of books) but I'm going to get a hardcover edition to add to my collection just as soon as I visit Canada again. Also my exams may or may not be done by the time Oathbringer hits my reading app on my iPad, so I may have to save myself for it because if I start reading mid-exam session I will be ruined and fail everything after November 14.  

This is unique! But I could have written your comment word for word if I put in Australia instead of South Africa and mid-exam instead of finals :D

20 hours ago, dendrophobe said:

The last 2 releases you have had to buy the Weller Book Works release through his website. With a donation to Waygate Foundation if you want more than a Sig on the book...Totally worth it...

Bad news, Cosmerenauts. I've got a Property Law exam on 13 November, Criminal Law exam on 15 November and then a Civil Procedure exam on 16 November. 

So after waiting for 3 years I have to wait for two more days before I get to read Oathbringer? Just because of my stupid future career?

Where's that gif of Sirius Black screaming "I'VE DONE MY WAITING!"

18 minutes ago, Goatbringer said:

Bad news, Cosmerenauts. I've got a Property Law exam on 13 November, Criminal Law exam on 15 November and then a Civil Procedure exam on 16 November. 

So after waiting for 3 years I have to wait for two more days before I get to read Oathbringer? Just because of my stupid future career?

Where's that gif of Sirius Black screaming "I'VE DONE MY WAITING!"

Uuuurrrrrggghhhh. No matter how often I burn gold, there is never a version of me that could have liked Civil Procedure. Soooooooooo. Booooooring. You are a braver wo(man)(?) than I.

20 minutes ago, Extesian said:

Uuuurrrrrggghhhh. No matter how often I burn gold, there is never a version of me that could have liked Civil Procedure. Soooooooooo. Booooooring. You are a braver wo(man)(?) than I.

Man.

But yeah, civil proc has been a necessary evil.

• Argent changed the title to [OB] Reading Oathbringer
  • Chaos locked this topic