Worldhoppers in Bands of Mourning

Fourth of the Knight

On page 207 of Bands of Mourning, a woman darker-skinned than most Terris and wearing braids intruded on Wax's dance with a Lady Demoux in New Seran. She was curious in the science behind a crasher's powers, and had statistics concerning the frequency of their birth. She also said, and I quote, "Infant mortality on Scadrial is not as bad as some regions, but still shockingly high." She seemed comfortable in a social setting, going so far as to lead in the dance steps. Now, does this or does this not seem like Khriss of Taldain? I apologize if there has already been a thread concerning this, I conducted a quick search but I didn't put all that much effort into it so I might have missed something. Thank you for your time.

It is :) she also authors the Ars Arcanum

Edit - if you're not aware Khrriss does make another indirect appearance, there's a broadsheet ad asking about weapons that talk and to contact K and N (Khriss and Nazh)

Edited by Extesian

Khriss had previously been mentioned by Brandon for some time as a worldhopper we should be paying attention to and has been indirectly referred to in, for example, margin notes attached to the illustrations in Words of Radiance and the tenth anniversary edition of Elantris. Bands of Mourning is significant for being the first time she's actually shown up 'onscreen' as it were. She's also the author of the essays that preface each section of Arcanum Unbounded and given her scholarly interests and vast knowledge of the cosmere, most of us would probably give an arm and a leg for a chance to meet her and ask questions.

For example, here's where he mentions that she's the most knowledgeable person about the cosmere, about two years before Bands of Mourning was released.

Nazh appears in a broad sheet too. And if we are discussing Worldhoppers showing up: Hoid, Kell, Set's 'Kandra' all appeared as well. There is a theory that Ven Dell is too. Khriss you caught.

In an earlier book two world hoppers (who are really 17th Shard admins) got married. Demoux was name dropped. I'm sure there are others I either missed or forgot about.

• Chaos locked this topic