(Spoilers all) Who are the parshendi gods?

ICanDream

30 minutes ago, Calderis said:

I have. That combined with the few in book references of the Dawnsingers as spren (all past tense or historical) is what planted the seeds that bloomed into this idea I can't uproot. 

I posted a theory a couple of months or so ago that the dawnsingers became the unmade, with their corruption by Odium also explaining why listeners seem to refer to their Gods as seperate from the Unmade on occasion.

On my phone so I'll link the thread later, but although there isnt much evidence yet, the dawnsingers=unmade idea fits with the information currently available, in my opinion anyway.

21 minutes ago, Jace21 said:

I posted a theory a couple of months or so ago that the dawnsingers became the unmade, with their corruption by Odium also explaining why listeners seem to refer to their Gods as seperate from the Unmade on occasion.

On my phone so I'll link the thread later, but although there isnt much evidence yet, the dawnsingers=unmade idea fits with the information currently available, in my opinion anyway.

Actually I did a search for your thread and it looks like I have you to thank for this nagging bit. 

I forgot about that thread, but I remember all the searching I did because of it. So thanks for the brainworms.  

Edited by Calderis

Haha thanks, I have just finished my re-reads of WoK, WoR and Edgedancer ready for Oathbringer and have a couple of theory ideas I'm working on so I'll try and post something good soon.

I will say though that after the re-read I am even more convinced the dawnsingers were the listener gods pre-odium and now are as the unmade. It clarifies a lot of the seeming contradictions in their songs.

1 minute ago, Jace21 said:

Haha thanks, I have just finished my re-reads of WoK, WoR and Edgedancer ready for Oathbringer and have a couple of theory ideas I'm working on so I'll try and post something good soon.

I will say though that after the re-read I am even more convinced the dawnsingers were the listener gods pre-odium and now are as the unmade. It clarifies a lot of the seeming contradictions in their songs.

I'm in the middle of WoR right now, and I agree. Especially the "though made by gods, was Unmade hand" line. 

It definitely seems like their gods changed. I think that the "forms of power" were regular listener forms before the arrival of the Shards and that when Odium corrupted the Unmade it changed the associated spren for those forms.

It like you say, it makes a lot of their history make more sense to me. 

• Chaos locked this topic