Which Shardworld would you most like to live on?

TheShogun

Which Shardworld would you live on?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Which Shardworld would you live on?

Difficult question. On one hand, Roshar is probably the most interesting and alien fantasy world i've ever read about, next to the Elder Scrolls series Nirn (especially the more alien provinces, like Morrowind).

On the other hand, Allomancy is just frigging cool, Scadrial is attractive due to this. And its almost-but-not-quite-Earth nature makes it oddly attractive too. What if things were a bit different?

Please be careful while talking about unpublished works. If there is a section that has been read at a signing, you may talk about that, but anything that has not been publically released should be avoided, please! Thanks guys!

you have to think of this question in the current status.. Out of the current world Roshar is enganed in a huge war which will soon reach global proportions (nowhere will be safe).. Nathlis not being as bad is corrupt being a drab would just suck. As for current Scadrial is the most enlightened world. WIth a democratic governement system and more equal rights for all systems  (still with all the cool magic). \

Also out of all the worlds it seems mostlikely that you could snap and gain some sort of allmancy.. Rather than acculate multitude of breaths or become a KR or any other sht like that

you have to think of this question in the current status.. Out of the current world Roshar is enganed in a huge war which will soon reach global proportions (nowhere will be safe).. Nathlis not being as bad is corrupt being a drab would just suck. As for current Scadrial is the most enlightened world. WIth a democratic governement system and more equal rights for all systems  (still with all the cool magic). \

Also out of all the worlds it seems mostlikely that you could snap and gain some sort of allmancy.. Rather than acculate multitude of breaths or become a KR or any other sht like that

Oh contraire my friend!! The war and world shaking events makes it more fun ; )

If i was in the Cosmere i would see myself as the main character, my arrogance demands it haha

so by default i should make it through haha : D

Yolen... I would prefer Yolen. Since all started there I would have the chance to absorb something.

I've always assumed Hoid, the Dragon, and the Shardholders are the only Yolenites/Yolenese still alive. I have absolutely nothing to back this up, however.

I've always assumed Hoid, the Dragon, and the Shardholders are the only Yolenites/Yolenese still alive. I have absolutely nothing to back this up, however.

You know, I always thought that too! I guess I assumed the Shattering destroyed Yolen.

am I the only one here that's thinking about what world I lived on changing me?

If I kept my current personality, I'd probably qualify to be a Lightweaver/Elsecaller/Willshaper. given that Elsecalling is the most obvious route to worldhopping, and is available to two of these three, that would be high on the list of choices.

Consideringing that my upbringing would likely change if I had been born on another world, I'd say Nathis. I actually have several minor, clinical disabilities, so silence might be nice too, but Breath just seems so flexible. What's to say you can't just steal it at knifepoint? (again: different upbringing)

Edited by entropicscholar

I was actually wondering if Voidbinding worked like BioChromatic Heightenings myself, becoming stronger with each level. Maybe the Heightenings are near-limitless and its final stage is to become Endowment yourself.

And Vasher did imply that he could wipe Denth's memories away with a Command, so I figure there probably is a Command that forcibly takes Breath. 

Of course, that kind of subverts the point of the magic system, which is about giving - you gain power by being gifted it.

Perhaps, but then again when you factor in the thought that others lose out to give someone a bit more in that system... 

I was actually wondering if Voidbinding worked like BioChromatic Heightenings myself, becoming stronger with each level. Maybe the Heightenings are near-limitless and its final stage is to become Endowment yourself.

And Vasher did imply that he could wipe Denth's memories away with a Command, so I figure there probably is a Command that forcibly takes Breath. 

No, endowment works by voluntarily giving things, not taking them. I think Vasher was refering to the command he used earlier in the story to let the captured little girl 'give away' her memorys of imprisonment to Vasher.

No, endowment works by voluntarily giving things, not taking them. I think Vasher was refering to the command he used earlier in the story to let the captured little girl 'give away' her memorys of imprisonment to Vasher.

Endowment is very caring and sharing. You can always give with a knife to your throat. ;)

Edited to add the smiley.

Edited by Kasimir

While Scadrial and Roshar have the coolest magic, I think Nalthis is the best place to live IF you have money, or a means to make money. Not worrying about disease is pretty awesome, and I believe each breath improves your lifespan, so success buys you more time to succeed (monetarily, which becomes immortally). Seems to me that pretty much any worldhopper would have some schtick to translate into good income, but if Elsecallers are the only reliable way to worldhop... I'm screwed. I'm far more likely to get an honorspren.

If I'm hopping there from Earth with all my current knowledge... Then I'm reasonably sure I could figure out electricity from scratch, but that would mean learning a new language to communicate my findings.

Maybe being from MaiPon would be a safer bet...

• 2 weeks later...