Which Shardworld would you most like to live on?

TheShogun

Which Shardworld would you live on?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Which Shardworld would you live on?

*Standing in front of a coffin above a grave, beneath a beautiful tree* "We are gathered here today to commemorate a fallen Observer in this war. Though I have only a passing acquaintance with Lightsworn Panda. I had for one short moment called him Lord, it is because of this incident that I am here this sad day. I will begin with a brief story about how I met Lightsworn Panda. It happened, as these sorts of things tend to do, on a that is humble in it's beginning, GroupClanGuild. I was but strolling The17th shard, a grand but precarious place where only the most powerful of the lands may wander. Full of amazing stories about the most diverse and enigmatic characters whose stories are still being written by the machine that is Brandon Sanderson. In the midst of this strolling, I happened upon a post that changed the course of my history. A post that for me, will have no equal. "The last picture is the Shroomite base." Beneath this humble post he had, through the amazing powers of the internet, great and terrible they may be, added a picture of a mushroom that had a house in it. My first thought, instantly, to the best mushroom village in all of the lands, the village. Home to that most magical of races, the smurfs. I then came to the answer of a question I didn't even know i was trying to answer. I am a smurf. Four simple words. One journey. A journey that I was eager to begin. But now the one who showed me the start of the journey is dead. Struck down by these eight simple words "And the health benefits are to die for." That these Eight simple words journey ended in Lightsworn Panda's death that the people on this site will have to work through together. But not by accusing anyone who may or may not have had anything to do with this tragedy. No, we will get over it by traveling the journey that we are all at this moment enjoying. I wish to leave you with the words he bore most close to his heart. "And Boom Goes The Dynamite".

*wipes errant tear away*

May you rest in peace, Founder and Leader of the Observer's Guild Lightsworn Panda.

I'd be a lighteyes, and I find the idea of fantasy power armor really appealing, so I'm very tempted by Roshar. That said, Roshar seems like a pretty awful place to live between the endless world-spanning hurricanes and the regularly scheduled apocalypses.

I'm pretty torn between AoL Scadrial, as the infrastructure is there, the power system is awesome, the 1800s-esque setting is compelling, and that minor detail of a benevolent god, and post-Warbreaker Nalthis on account of the quality-of-life benefits offered by Breaths, the nice city, and the benevolent god-king. If we had a better idea of "21st-century" Scadrial I'd probably jump that way.

Edited by TheTuninator

I'd live on Roshar in the Clear Lake. Chillest place in the Cosmere. 

I'd be a Dustbringer, so I wouldn't have to worry about bandits and their ilk, and I'd have Nightblood so there was always someone to talk to.

I'd also invent tacos on Roshar and be a hero.

Well then I keep trying, burritos, then taquitos, then queso con frijoles 

Nah, there's no need to bring them Mexican and claim you invented it. What you do is you make food they know about, with ingredients they don't. Make Herdazian food with carne asada.

Nah, there's no need to bring them Mexican and claim you invented it. What you do is you make food they know about, with ingredients they don't. Make Herdazian food with carne asada.

Hmm, yeah, I'd eat that

• 2 weeks later...

Several ideas:

Roshar, at clearlake or with the Reshi. Those would be really chill.

Things are pretty good on Sel, if you live near Elantris.

But the best would probably be Nalthis. I could invent electricity, use it at first as a novelty for the gods, then eventually create a monopoly powering all of T'Telir (with Awakened clothes turning cranks for an energy source). I would become fabulously wealthy, and eventually obtain the Fifth Heightening.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, not Threnody...

I guess it depends on who I am.

If I had powers, it's a toss up of being a Mistborn on Scadrial or a Returned on Nalthis.

However, I have this theory I'd be something like bystander #3, in which case the Rose Empire seems pretty safe and I could learn to forge.

• Chaos locked this topic