[OB] Info From Peter

soyperson

8 hours ago, Calderis said:
8 hours ago, Cowmanthethird said:

I like Song of Secrets as a name, it'll be a storm for us Sharders though, since we already have a SoS abbreviation. :P

Ugh, I love Song of Secrets as a title, and that conflict hadn't crossed my mind. 

WoK is technically "The Way of Kings" you know. He can title it "The Song of Secrets" and let us suffer with remembering the T in "tSoS."

1 minute ago, Stark said:

I think we can narrow it down to fewer than 7 options, reasonably. 

I know that it's probably not some of them, but we're so quick to match up every book order with their book character even though Brandon straight up told us they won't always match. All he has to do is not have Eshonai become a Radiant until Szeth's Book(Book 5), and he can have Book 4 be about literally any of the other orders :)

Basically, my thing is we have WoB that just because it's their book doesn't mean they are alive for it. I took it to mean that it being "their book" means it's their flashback book, rather than a book about their stint as a main character. This means that Eshonai can be a medium size character and still have it be "her book," and we could learn primarily about the Order of another decently sized character, like what we learned about Windrunning in Book 2 or what we're learning about Lightweaving so far in Book 3.

28 minutes ago, The One Who Connects said:

Brandon straight up told us they won't always match.

True.  That was a given once we knew that both Shallan and Ash were perspective characters.  Which begs the debate as to whether Ash will appear as a Lightweaver, or attract a spren and join a different order, as we already have a Lightweaver book.  We also have yet to have confirmation that Eshonai will even be able to be a knight, so it is possible that her book will not have the main perspective character be part of any of the orders, but still have a focus order.

But until then, and until I have read Oathbringer, I'm sticking with my weighted options for now.  Though the appearance of a Dustbringer at Uritiru has upped the chances that Eshonai's book will be the Dustbringer book significantly, if Eshonai does noot achieve Radiance.  But I feel that Ash, if for nothing other than name alone, and some personality things, fits Dustbringer better than Eshonai.

I'm a little unclear on what makes something a Windrunner or a Lightweaver book. (I didn't even realize until this thread that this was a way that Sanderson categorized the Stormlight Archive books.) Does it require a major character to be progressing through the oaths and learning the powers of the order?

19 minutes ago, Harry the Heir said:

I'm a little unclear on what makes something a Windrunner or a Lightweaver book. (I didn't even realize until this thread that this was a way that Sanderson categorized the Stormlight Archive books.) Does it require a major character to be progressing through the oaths and learning the powers of the order?

It's from Brandon.

Interview: Sep 4th, 2014
Salt Lake City Comic-Con 2014 (Verbatim)

Question
What are the other books in The Stormlight Archive going to be about?

Brandon Sanderson
Well each one is going to cover a flashback sequence for one of the characters and each one will focus on a different order of the Knights Radiant. And that's not always the same, like the flashbacks for the first one were Kaladin and it was also Windrunners, but we won't always have them be the exact same.

Each Book will cover a Flashback Sequence. Each Book will focus on a KR Order.

I'd say that the Order it focuses on is the one we learn the most about in it, but Brandon might have actual criteria we don't know about.

8 hours ago, The One Who Connects said:

It's from Brandon.

Each Book will cover a Flashback Sequence. Each Book will focus on a KR Order.

I'd say that the Order it focuses on is the one we learn the most about in it, but Brandon might have actual criteria we don't know about.

I'm sure the individual focus is due to story purposes and revealing key information as we go along. Story purposes that will blow us away with how pertinent they are and how far in advance it is obvious Brandon had this planned out.

• Argent changed the title to [OB] Info From Peter
  • Chaos locked this topic