[OB] Adonalsium

Kered

So, Adonalsium's name was used a record three times in this book. On of those I think is significant and raises some interesting question. When Ash feels Jezrien die, she utters the prayer "Oh. Oh, Adonalsium". We know that humans existed pre-shattering in the Roshar system. We also know the Heralds were mortal and most likely human before Honor gave them their powers and immortality. All that being said, Ash knowing of Adonalsium means one of two things. Either the Heralds knew off Adonalsium before they were named Heralds and Honor didn't technically exist, or Honor told the Heralds of Adonalsium. I think the former is most likely, reason being she utters the name as if she's praying to him/it. Which could suggest that she once viewed or still does view Adonalsium as a god. What do you guys think? 

Edited by Kered

The way Ash says it though, sounds like an oath/swear. The way that those in Mistborn used to say “lord ruler” or how some in stormlight say “stormfather”. This would suggest that the Heralds are of Adonalsium, in that they treated him/it as their god, or at least A god. That maybe they agreed to serve Honor, and the greater cosmere, knowing what the shards were and why they were acting. I do not think the Heralds were “normal” men, as we think of them. But that’s a lot of supposition i know. :-)

• Chaos locked this topic