Brandon?

Travis1984

Do you guys think he has a secret user name and trolls the forums? I know I would. Let's have a contest to ferret out his true identity!!!!

My guess is Moogle!!!!

unlikely

it can lead to legal issues if someone suggests something he was going to write, as that person can claim he stole the idea and cause no end of trouble

if he doesn't read 17th shard that can't happen

an episode of Babylon 5 had to be shelved for this reason (until the fan who suggested the plot signed a release)

unlikely

it can lead to legal issues if someone suggests something he was going to write, as that person can claim he stole the idea and cause no end of trouble

an episode of Babylon 5 had to be shelved for this reason (until the fan who suggested the plot signed a release)

Why would anyone do that if you're a fan?

Personally Id be pretty happy if Brandon wrote something which came from an idea of mine...

Isn't that what he does anyway in those streams where people chip in with all sorts of ideas?

Why would anyone do that if you're a fan?

Personally Id be pretty happy if Brandon wrote something which came from an idea of mine...

Isn't that what he does anyway in those streams where people chip in with all sorts of ideas?

Money can turn a fan into a detractor quickly. Peter most likely visits this forum because Brandon can't.

He don't use the Forum( I think) but that Peter pass him the relevant information about his fandom.

Like Hey Brandon Don't Kill Renarim because Someone could come looking for your blood and things like this =)

Edited by Natans

unlikely

Which EP was that? I loved that series, though season 4 being cut short plot wise wasn't the best. =/

I'd bet him and Peter have the occasional topic about those crazy sharders and their theories.  That said, were I an author I wouldn't be able to help checking the forums, and then screwing with the fanbase as much as possible.  Maybe we should put up a group disclaimer like the one on Jim Butcher's forums, saying that anything posted here can legally be used by the author to try to draw Brandon out.

I'd bet him and Peter have the occasional topic about those crazy sharders and their theories. That said, were I an author I wouldn't be able to help checking the forums, and then screwing with the fanbase as much as possible. Maybe we should put up a group disclaimer like the one on Jim Butcher's forums, saying that anything posted here can legally be used by the author to try to draw Brandon out.

While I doubt that it would bring Brandon to the forums, I do really like that idea! Disclaimer, I mean.

Good point Eveorjoy!

(I vote Eveorjoy)

:ph34r:

I wish. I actually am an aspiring author who has written several unpublished Fantasy and SF novels. Life at the moment has slowed me down enough so that I could have fun chatting on a fandom. That and I can't get anyone of my local friends to read Brandon Sanderson and so I have no one to share my excitement for WoR with except you wonderful people. ;)

If I were in full on writing mode I'd never have time to visit forums.

That and I can't get anyone of my local friends to read Brandon Sanderson and so I have no one to share my excitement for WoR with except you wonderful people. ;)

I managed to get one of my friends to read WoK.... He's been mad at me ever since for getting him hooked on another long series with only 1 book out. 

I managed to get one of my friends to read WoK.... He's been mad at me ever since for getting him hooked on another long series with only 1 book out. 

I have been trying to get my husband to Read TWoK, but he is too busy with school. Someday. I want my sister to read Mistborn first. I TWoK is a hard book to start with when reading Sanderson. My husband is a LOTR's fan so I think he could handle it. Everyone else around me doesn't like Epic Fantasy books.

That's a shame, eveorjoy. I'm an aspiring author, too, but I'm far from finishing my first book, so more power to you. If I was able to write full time (which would be wonderful), I wouldn't have any time to look on the forums. Keep in mind that authors have deadlines that they have to meet, otherwise the fans and the publishing company gets mad. Brandon's been working his butt off trying to get WoR finished. Hopefully, there will be no more delays with future books. :(

• Chaos locked this topic