The Huffington Post Knows What We're Going Thru

The Rooster

Isn't 6. and 7. switched? Usually they only release chapters when the release is nearing.

And 9, it isn't read slowly, it's put the book in a blender and drink it up in 1 big gulp!

Apart from that, yeah everything in that article is too familiar :(

The worst part about WoR coming out is that we waited so long, only to destroy all that wait in just a few hours that it takes to read it all, and we're right back where we started...

The guy who made that post must be another book nerd like us. wanting to fill the space between books is exactly what brought me to forums in the first place.

Still, the hard part for me will be that I'm not getting WoR before easter. So starting on march 4 I'll have to read all your excitement knowing I'll still have six weeks to wait, and who knows how many spoilers I will accidentally pick just by reading the thread titles on "most recent topics" in the main page (for example "I'm so sad X died"). That not counting the possibility that I may just give in to temptation and go read the tvtropes page for it when it will come out.

If I could set my pc to block my access to this site until I actually got my copy, I'd do it.

The guy who made that post must be another book nerd like us. wanting to fill the space between books is exactly what brought me to forums in the first place.

Still, the hard part for me will be that I'm not getting WoR before easter. So starting on march 4 I'll have to read all your excitement knowing I'll still have six weeks to wait, and who knows how many spoilers I will accidentally pick just by reading the thread titles on "most recent topics" in the main page (for example "I'm so sad X died"). That not counting the possibility that I may just give in to temptation and go read the tvtropes page for it when it will come out.

If I could set my pc to block my access to this site until I actually got my copy, I'd do it.

You can. It's not too hard. Just get an extension for your browser...

You can collapse that sidebar block and the forum will remember to keep it collapsed for you.

That said we are going to work hard to minimize spoilers in topic titles, though for a few that may be tricky.

(Caw)

Yeah. Minus the fanfic bits for the most part(I have a freewriting Mistborn fanfic for when Writer's block really sets in.)

That said, there is a long period where there is no anticipation for the next book. I'm just starting to hit Skin Game Hype.

The plotting though. That is very very real. About 20% of my wish to be an author is so I can get ARC's to blurb.

ouch!  why do you have to wait 6 weeks?  I'm pretty sure that is listed under cruel and unusual punishment in the Geneva Convention!

I work abroad. my brother is a sanderfan too. we preordered the book, but they will go to my family home (my brother want to read it as much as me, and he complains that they may get damaged in the plane trip if I get them and then bring them back with me) and I won't get to read them until I go home for my easter holiday.

I considered ordering another copy of the book for me, but with expedition cost it will be quite a lot, and with expedition time it won't arrive to me much sooner than easter anyway.

Now, if I were to actually find a copy of WoR on the local booksteres here, I may even consider buying it just to not wait, but I feel it would be quite silly to own two copies of the same book.

You can collapse that sidebar block and the forum will remember to keep it collapsed for you.

That said we are going to work hard to minimize spoilers in topic titles, though for a few that may be tricky.

Thank you, I never knew I could do that. Now I feel more ready to resist the spoler temptations

The worse part is that people look at you like your crazy for counting down to the day a book is released...

I'm lucky, my wife understands and my son is counting down with me. It's just a shame that no one else I know really understands.. :)

Edited by laeelin

The worse part is that people look at you like your crazy for counting down to the day a book is released...

I'm lucky, my wife understands and my son is counting down with me. It's just a shame that no one else I know really understands.. :)

You ARE lucky, my wife think's I'm insane lol.