[OB] Whats going to happen with Maya

bdoble97

I'm very interested in to find out what's going to happen with Adolin and his shardblades pren Maya. The description of her ias a dead eye was just awesome. Why she jumped on the back of the fused I was like YESSSSS!  I how is definitely thinking that Adolin was going to meet his end at that point. Later on when Adolin is fighting in Thayen city and hears her talking to it was one of my favorite parts in that section of the book. I have realy love the idea of Adolin awaking the spren in is shardblade ever since he was talking to the blade before his duels in Words of Radiance. So what next for Maya  will she be fully awaken in book 4 or will it take till book 5 for her to fully awake. I love the idea kf Adolin helping her come back alive. 

I agree, I think it would be really cool if Maya came back to life.  I was surprised if it doesn't happen, considering how it was teased in Oathbringer - first when she attacked the Fused, and also when it didn't take 10 seconds for Adolin to summon her.  My question is whether or not Adolin will become a Knight Radiant if he revitalizes her - I would kind of be disappointed if this happened, since Adolin is the only major viewpoint character who isn't a Knight Radiant and it's an interesting perspective.  I feel like if Adolin somehow brings Maya back to life through his bond with her, he won't automatically become a Knight Radiant - she could just become free spren and return to Shadesmar.  

I think this concept - that dead spren can be revitalized - might be important moving forward.  It might have some serious implications for their knowledge of the Recreance, and whether or not the Knights Radiant choose to betray their oaths again.  If anything, it might make some of them more willing to betray their oaths if their powers become too strong, since they know their dead spren can be brought back to life.  

6 hours ago, Llarimar said:

I agree, I think it would be really cool if Maya came back to life.  I was surprised if it doesn't happen, considering how it was teased in Oathbringer - first when she attacked the Fused, and also when it didn't take 10 seconds for Adolin to summon her.  My question is whether or not Adolin will become a Knight Radiant if he revitalizes her - I would kind of be disappointed if this happened, since Adolin is the only major viewpoint character who isn't a Knight Radiant and it's an interesting perspective.  I feel like if Adolin somehow brings Maya back to life through his bond with her, he won't automatically become a Knight Radiant - she could just become free spren and return to Shadesmar.  

I think this concept - that dead spren can be revitalized - might be important moving forward.  It might have some serious implications for their knowledge of the Recreance, and whether or not the Knights Radiant choose to betray their oaths again.  If anything, it might make some of them more willing to betray their oaths if their powers become too strong, since they know their dead spren can be brought back to life.  

Back in Words of Radiance I wanted Adolin to become a KR but the outcasts when his father find out That he had killed Sadeas. Now I  so I can have Maya isn't it was special spend companion and not become a KR. 

5 hours ago, Chozo said:

I'm really hoping that Maya gets revived. I loved how Brandon did the dead eyes thing. 

I also love the way he did that he described it as if she was a painting with scratched out eyes so interesting

• Chaos locked this topic