Cosmere Codenames

Herowannabe

@Jondesu I hate to break it to you, but that’s an invalid clue because “Preservation” is actually one of the codenames, and spymasters are not allowed to use part or all of a codename in their clues. :(

According to the rulebook for invalid clues:

PENALTY FOR INVALID CLUES
 If a spymaster gives an invalid clue, the team's turn ends immediately. As an additional penalty, the other team's spymaster may cover one of his or her words with an agent card before giving the next clue.

So we should proceed thusly:

@Scion of the Mists Can mark one of blue team’s agents, and then immediately proceed into blue teams turn. 

On Red team’s next turn, @Jondesu will give another clue like normal, and the red team members will be able to make guesses based on that clue and the “preservation” clue (if it helps, spymasters are allowed to say “unlimited” instead of the number that goes with their clue. This wouldn’t tell their teammates how many codenames their clue applies to, but it gives them an unlimited number of guesses that turn so long as they keep guessing correctly). 

EDIT: Also, @Jondesu note that @Rebecca dropped out of this game (at least for the time being) and @Rhapsody joined in her place, so the team’s are actually like this:

Red Team  

Spymaster: @Jondesu

@luckat

@xinoehp512

@Rhapsody

Blue Team  

Spymaster: @Scion of the Mists

@Herowannabe

@Cadmium Compounder

@recneps

Edited by Herowannabe

46 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

My apologies!  I'm not doing very well so far, am I. :(

Sorry, Red Team, I didn't pay close attention, but I'll do better next time!

No worries, don't beat yourself up over it. Everyone makes mistakes as Spymasters, especially when starting out. ;)

As for the blue team's clue...  Hmm... This one is tricky. Patji and Nightmaws are the two that pop out to me the most, but if that's what Scion is going for it seems like there would be easier clues to connect those two. I could also see a case for Wyndle (being a Cultivation spren and more attuned with Nature) or maybe something like Perpendicularity or the Well of Ascension. But I'm not 100% sold on any of that. 

Really I'm more inclined to build off of the first clue ("Returned") and guess Siri and Susebron's mom. Thoughts blue team?

53 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

My apologies!  I'm not doing very well so far, am I. :(

Sorry, Red Team, I didn't pay close attention, but I'll do better next time!

No problem. It is a game and everyone makes mistakes. In the end we're all in for the fun of it and it is not a competition ^_^

18 hours ago, Herowannabe said:

As for the blue team's clue...  Hmm... This one is tricky. Patji and Nightmaws are the two that pop out to me the most, but if that's what Scion is going for it seems like there would be easier clues to connect those two. I could also see a case for Wyndle (being a Cultivation spren and more attuned with Nature) or maybe something like Perpendicularity or the Well of Ascension. But I'm not 100% sold on any of that. 

Really I'm more inclined to build off of the first clue ("Returned") and guess Siri and Susebron's mom. Thoughts blue team?

I personally think it's Patji, and Wyndle, because it would be easier to connect Patji and nightmaws.

What if we tried Patji, then Susebrons's mom, and saved Wyndle, Siri and Nightmaws(in that order) for if we accidentally enter sudden death. 

Edit: I almost forgot to come back to this and look. When it's our turn, could I be tagged, or quoted, so I have a reminder? :D

Edit2: apparently I was tagged. Weird that it never informed me...:mellow:

Edited by Cadmium Compounder

1 hour ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

I personally think it's Patji, and Wyndle, because it would be easier to connect Patji and nightmaws.

What if we tried Patji, then Susebrons's mom, and saved Wyndle, Siri and Nightmaws(in that order) for if we accidentally enter sudden death. 

Edit: I almost forgot to come back to this and look. When it's our turn, could I be tagged, or quoted, so I have a reminder? :D

Edit2: apparently I was tagged. Weird that it never informed me...:mellow:

Sounds pretty good to me. @recneps what are your thoughts?

1 hour ago, Rhapsody said:

oh wow that was a strong round blue team. 

Yeah, but I expect Red will have a strong round now. You have the “preservation” clue plus whatever new clue Jondesu gives you to work with. 

Ok so now we have Preservation:3 and matriarch and unlimed guesses.

So for the preservation bit there are Preservation, Well of ascencion, Kelsier and perpendicularity. I don't think he would have given preservation as a clue if it was one of the words we should guess, so I would guess the other 3.

As for matriarch I would defintly say it applies to Navani and Silence. Then we have a couple of 'could be's with Laral, Aesudan, Khriss and Siri. All of them at one point in their story can be described as strong leaders, but it doesn't apply as well as with the other two. 

So I think we should guess: Well of Ascencion-Kelsier-Perpendicularity-Navani Kholin-Silence Montane

And then try one of Laral or Khriss.

I think we should at first shy away from Siri since one of blue teams clues also could refer to her and Matriarch doesn't apply to her as perfectly.

What are your thoughts @xinoehp512@luckat

Edited by Rhapsody

The Well of Ascension is a Red Agent!

Kelsier is a Red Agent!

Perpendicularity is a Red Agent!

Navani Kholin is a Red Agent!

Silence Montane is a Red Agent! 

Khriss is an Innocent Bystander.

The Red Team's turn is over.

@Scion of the Mists, your turn.

Edited by Jondesu

Well Hearthstone is the most obvious choice for “city,” so I’ll go ahead and make that one official. The other one is probably “duladel” (which is actually a country) or “the Rose palace” (which is just a palace). I believe we still have one more codename related to “Returned,” so Siri would be a good guess, too. 

What are your thoughts teammates?