New here! How do I get flair?

The White Fox

Welcome to the Shard and cosmere fandom! 

The "flash" you see under peoples display names are Reputation titles. As you can see in the bottom right of my post under my signature, there's a little orange box with a darker orange arrow inside of it. That is the "upvote" button. When you come across a post that you enjoy or admire you can "upvote" to show the original poster and other forum users that you liked it. The amount of reputation upvote's a member has depends on what their Reputation Title, or flash will be. 

For example you have under 5 upvotes so your title is "Spren", i have a fair amount and mine is "Bloodsealer". Titles change after every 10-15 upvotes, until you get farther up the ranks. In the upper ranks have more and more upvotes in between titles. Random example: There is 50 upvotes between the title of "Misting" and "Ghostblood" while only 10 upvotes separate the "Spren" and "Bridgemen" titles. 

As you're relatively new to the fandom, here are some useful links to gain more knowledge about the cosmere and Brandon's other books. 

This link will take you to Coppermind. Coppermind is the fan made wiki for all of Brandon Sanderson's books. They're a lot of pages on the wiki so it is filled with a lot of information. Most everything so far mention in the books or by Brandon himself has a page on the wiki. 

This link will take you to Arcanum. Arcanum is the database that holds all the interviews, Q&A's done by Brandon by the fans. Answers given by Brandon are commonly referred to as "WoB's" or "Words of Brandom. A disclaimer for Arcanum is that Brandon has stated nothing is actuall canon until it is put in the books. That means every WoB is subject to change and retractable. 

Hope that helped, see you around!

Welcome to the Shard, the reputations are actually one of my favorite parts of the forum there all so nerdy. For your enjoyment, I have linked a complete list of all the reputations here. Have an upvote and a cookie.

Spoiler

Image result for cookie

Edited by The Forgetful Archivist

• 9 months later...