[OB] What happened to Sadeas' Shardplate?

Bort

In Way of Kings and Words of Radiance, Sadeas is seen as wearing red Shardplate.

In Dalinar's flashback chapters, Sadeas is seen wearing gold Shardplate.

What happened? Did he lose his original Plate, or just decide to repaint it?

1 hour ago, Leyrann said:

*goes full conspiracy*

The red is because he was influenced by Odium in the later stages of his life.

*debunks own theory*

Gold is also an Odium colour.

Red is the color of corrupted Investiture, so his Shardplate changed from gold to red when his Passion was corrupted by his Ambition.

Torol Sadeas was spiked by Trell confirmed!

• Pagerunner changed the title to [OB] What happened to Sadeas' Shardplate?
14 minutes ago, StormingTexan said:

He did? Amaram already had plate why would he wear Sadeas's plate? 

While this wasn't the original intention of the OP, I did kind of assume Amaram was wearing Sadeas' Plate when he died. But you're right, why would he be when he has his own? That begs the question of what did happen to Sadeas' Plate after Sadeas' death?

15 minutes ago, StormingTexan said:

He did? Amaram already had plate why would he wear Sadeas's plate? 

You're right.  I thought I remembered it being red, but it just says "bright".  I also thought that since Amaram was Sadeas at that point, he would wear Sadeas' Plate.

If not, then it's likely being held for Ialai/Sadeas' nephew, the heir to the princedom.

3 minutes ago, Govir said:

While this wasn't the original intention of the OP, I did kind of assume Amaram was wearing Sadeas' Plate when he died. But you're right, why would he be when he has his own? That begs the question of what did happen to Sadeas' Plate after Sadeas' death?

Agreed. I would assume it is in Ialai's possession as Sadeas was not wearing it at the time of his death. I think she should wear it :P 

@RShara He should have dual wielded the plate too then maybe the crystal stuff wouldn't have broken through :P

Edited by StormingTexan

10 minutes ago, StormingTexan said:

I would assume it is in Ialai's possession as Sadeas was not wearing it at the time of his death. I think she should wear it :P 

I honestly thought she was going to do this before Amaram was brought into the picture. Take up the Shardplate and the Shardblade (once it was found). But of course she wouldn't as she's not a Fighter fighter, she's a schemer even more so than Torol.

On 2/1/2018 at 5:41 PM, Bort said:

In Way of Kings and Words of Radiance, Sadeas is seen as wearing red Shardplate.

In Dalinar's flashback chapters, Sadeas is seen wearing gold Shardplate.

What happened? Did he lose his original Plate, or just decide to repaint it?

in the realm of pure guessing...

gold is the color of the king, so sadeas repainted his plate to leave the king's color for gavilar plate

• Chaos locked this topic