What is your favorite RELATIONSHIP in the Cosmere?!

TheHeadHancho

On 4/9/2018 at 3:36 AM, Yvainnie said:

and also Vin and Kelsier

This is by far my favourite relationship, romantic or otherwise. When he dies, and Vin is so angry in her internal dialogue at him for abandoning her, and then she reads his note left to her, how she's the groups Mistborn now, and how he doesn't say it but simply said "Mare would have liked you. She always wanted a daughter" 

I cry every time

5 minutes ago, Arceoxys said:

This is by far my favourite relationship, romantic or otherwise. When he dies, and Vin is so angry in her internal dialogue at him for abandoning her, and then she reads his note left to her, how she's the groups Mistborn now, and how he doesn't say it but simply said "Mare would have liked you. She always wanted a daughter" 

I cry every time

me too

Romantic: Susebron and Siri (considering their beginning and the preconceptions they both had. It's the most natural romantic relationship that i believe our Cosmere overlord created. It's too close to how men and women on their puberty function when spending too much time together)

None-Romatic: Syl and Kaladin

Not exactly a friendly but still relationship regardless: Vin and Ruin (pre-ascension and post-ascension it's weird how casually communicative with each other like they're not each others biggest problem)

Favorite: Syl and Kaladin (apparently you don't have to have a romantic relationship to have a deep, meaningful and intimate relationship .. i even found their relationship better than other actual romantic relationship from other books)

On 4/11/2018 at 7:40 AM, continuumg said:

Lightsong and Llarimar.

On 4/24/2018 at 7:37 AM, Fatikis said:

Wax and Steris is my favorite. I feels written in a much more believable way than most of the relationships in the Cosmere.

These are my favorites.

Non-romantic: Lightsong and Llarimar 
Romantic: Wax and Steris

Llarimar was my favorite character in Warbreaker and one of my favorite characters in the whole cosmere (notice my profile name).  He's exactly the type of character that I enjoy reading about - someone quiet, steady and focused, who provides valuable advice and wisdom which can often change the course of the novel.  Another character like this is the Shu-Korath priest in Elantris (don't remember his name), or Sazed to some extent.  Selfless moral guides are usually not the most important characters, but they often have some of the most emotional conversations with other characters and the best dialogue in the book.  Sanderson and other authors write some of their most memorable, quotable and thought-provoking lines from selfless moral guides.  And I really enjoy Llarimar's relationship with Lightsong - Lightsong is the perfect foil for a moral guide type of character.

And I love Wax and Steris too - someone told me recently that they find their relationship annoying and predictable, but I thought it was one of the best parts of the Era 2 Mistborn books.  Can't wait for The Lost Metal!

10 hours ago, goody153 said:

Romantic: Susebron and Siri (considering their beginning and the preconceptions they both had. It's the most natural romantic relationship that i believe our Cosmere overlord created. It's too close to how men and women on their puberty function when spending too much time together)

None-Romatic: Syl and Kaladin

Not exactly a friendly but still relationship regardless: Vin and Ruin (pre-ascension and post-ascension it's weird how casually communicative with each other like they're not each others biggest problem)

Favorite: Syl and Kaladin (apparently you don't have to have a romantic relationship to have a deep, meaningful and intimate relationship .. i even found their relationship better than other actual romantic relationship from other books)

I remember reading somewhere that the whole Siri/Susebron thing came about because brandon was newly married at the time?  Somehow that played into Siri's near constant nudity for a time and how she felt during it.  I don't remember where I read it, but if it's true, then it's aborable.

6 minutes ago, Shallanah said:

I remember reading somewhere that the whole Siri/Susebron thing came about because brandon was newly married at the time?  Somehow that played into Siri's near constant nudity for a time and how she felt during it.  I don't remember where I read it, but if it's true, then it's aborable.

Interesting reminds me sometime ago that during alabasta arc of one piece(manga) that the author was recently married hence the jokes were abit sexual at those times.

2 hours ago, goody153 said:

Interesting reminds me sometime ago that during alabasta arc of one piece(manga) that the author was recently married hence the jokes were abit sexual at those times.

I wish I could find it again, and share it.  Might have been his own blog?  Tv tropes?  Must go search it out again now.

• Chaos locked this topic