A couple of questions.

GeneralHZRD

Question

I have a couple of questions, 

1: Are animals born with a breath just like humans?

2: if one were to give say a goat, thousands of breaths would that goat gain the heightening that go along with it?

3: if so what would be the purpose of a goat with all 10 heightenings? Other than to have a prismatic goat.

4: Could a goat awaken? Awakening requires the command to be spoken in the native language and a specific intent. Both of those things could happen purely by the goats instincts, regardless of whether or not the goat was trying to awaken.

These we’re thought up by a half asleep me last night, as such they are a tad bit wacky.

Edited by TheVillageIdiot

4 answers to this question

37 minutes ago, TheVillageIdiot said:

1: Are animals born with a breath just like humans?

No.

38 minutes ago, TheVillageIdiot said:

2: if one were to give say a goat, thousands of breaths would that goat gain the heightening that go along with it?

Maybe.

if so what would be the purpose of a goat with all 10 heightenings? Other than to have a prismatic goat.

I don't know, that was your idea to waste 50 000 Breaths on a goat ;P

4: Could a goat awaken? Awakening requires the command to be spoken in the native language and a specific intent. Both of those things could happen purely by the goats instincts, regardless of whether or not the goat was trying to awaken.

No. You need to have intent to Awaken and goat would not have such instinct.

However, if Breaths made it sapient...

I don’t have definite answers for any of these, but I’ll share my thoughts. 

1. I don’t think that animals are born with a Breath, purely because why would Endowment do that? There’s not much point in giving an instinctual creature Investiture that requires some pretty specific Cognitive focus. 

2. I... maybe? I could see it happening, even if the Awakening-related ones wouldn’t do much. It’d be hard to tell if the goat had better hearing or sight, but the immortality and life sense, I could see those working. 

3. You’d have an immortal prismatic goat! I don’t see the point of it, especially since I doubt you could get the Breaths back, unlike if you stored them in an inanimate object. 

4. I very much doubt the goat could Awaken. Even if it could form a Cognitive image and “baahhhh” a Command, it probably lacks the necessary Spiritual DNA required to Awaken, the same reason that people that are not native Nalthians cannot Awaken. 

EDIT: Sort-of ninja’d, colors. :ph34r:

Edited by Nashan’Elin

8 hours ago, Nashan’Elin said:

it probably lacks the necessary Spiritual DNA required to Awaken, the same reason that people that are not native Nalthians cannot Awaken. 

Anyone can awaken if they get the Breath. We've even seen it happen in [Redacted].