Guess That Cosmere Character! Forum Edition!

Kidpen

2 hours ago, Knight of Iron said:

No idea. MeLaan.

Nope, sorry. Think about what all these worlds/stories have in common.

Wolf’s Rain

Belgariad/Mallorean

Wheel of Time

Assasins’ Creed 1-3

There’s no place like home by Abe Rotenburg 

You can find the song lyrics online, but the first lines should point to the character.

1 hour ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Nope, sorry. Think about what all these worlds/stories have in common.

Wolf’s Rain

Belgariad/Mallorean

Wheel of Time

Assasins’ Creed 1-3

There’s no place like home by Abe Rotenburg 

You can find the song lyrics online, but the first lines should point to the character.

First of all, I love those clues! :D

Let's get through them and my thoughts so you might see where I need a little more push.

Wolf's Rain nope, not that one. I have been meaning to give the series a watch for about... nearly 20 years... (thanks, I really feel old now :wacko:), and I'm not gonna spoil myself now.

Belgariad/ Mallorean: Read those books about 10 times through, really love the story/characters/settings etc. So... if you're not going for Belgarath's alternativ name (and appearance and wife) as "wolf", you might pick Garion as "chosen one" or the story being about light vs. darkness.

Wheel of time: I can't say too much since I just started book 4. Sadly I have just not enough time to read... Anyway, if you're not after Perrin, it could be about Rand as the chosen one or the story being about light vs. darkness.

Assassins Creed 1 - 3: You're probably not going for the main characters here, since AC1 has Atair (who is some kind of moron, always being played, never really questioning things), AC2 has Ezio, who has the way more personal story about family and love and heritage, and AC3 is about Connor. Don't know to much about him, never really cared simply because he is not Ezio. ;) So maybe this is about Assassins vs. Templars, also very black 'n white. On second thought, those games have one other common factor. The story in the present is about Desmond. Really, Desmond? This boing, stupid, annoying guy who blindly stumbels along and really only interrupts much better Stories when being out of the Animus? Anyway, his story about being the last decendent who remembers the hiding place of the Apple can be interpreted to be about the chosen one. And he basicly saves the world from some evil god. So I guess that could be a connection.

There’s no place like home by Abe Rotenburg: Don't know the song, but this is the first stanza

You had searched so long, for the answers and the proof,
And they said you’ll find it here, with promises of truth.
But the long white robes, and the chanting in the streets,
It left you cold, your soul still had to seek.

The first lines are about searching the truth. I really got nothing here that really fits with my theories. I would go for Harmony (because of light vs. darkness) or, more likely Vin, the chosen one who might be searching for the truth about herself...

Still, great clues! I love to delve into the stories again! ^_^

Edited by Marukka

1 hour ago, Marukka said:

First of all, I love those clues! :D

Let's get through them and my thoughts so you might see where I need a little more push.

Wolf's Rain nope, not that one. I have been meaning to give the series a watch for about... nearly 20 years... (thanks, I really feel old now :wacko:), and I'm not gonna spoil myself now.

Belgariad/ Mallorean: Read those books about 10 times through, really love the story/characters/settings etc. So... if you're not going for Belgarath's alternativ name (and appearance and wife) as "wolf", you might pick Garion as "chosen one" or the story being about light vs. darkness.

Wheel of time: I can't say too much since I just started book 4. Sadly I have just not enough time to read... Anyway, if you're not after Perrin, it could be about Rand as the chosen one or the story being about light vs. darkness.

Assassins Creed 1 - 3: You're probably not going for the main characters here, since AC1 has Atair (who is some kind of moron, always being played, never really questioning things), AC2 has Ezio, who has the way more personal story about family and love and heritage, and AC3 is about Connor. Don't know to much about him, never really cared simply because he is not Ezio. ;) So maybe this is about Assassins vs. Templars, also very black 'n white. On second thought, those games have one other common factor. The story in the present is about Desmond. Really, Desmond? This boing, stupid, annoying guy who blindly stumbels along and really only interrupts much better Stories when being out of the Animus? Anyway, his story about being the last decendent who remembers the hiding place of the Apple can be interpreted to be about the chosen one. And he basicly saves the world from some evil god. So I guess that could be a connection.

There’s no place like home by Abe Rotenburg: Don't know the song, but this is the first stanza

You had searched so long, for the answers and the proof,
And they said you’ll find it here, with promises of truth.
But the long white robes, and the chanting in the streets,
It left you cold, your soul still had to seek.

The first lines are about searching the truth. I really got nothing here that really fits with my theories. I would go for Harmony (because of light vs. darkness) or, more likely Vin, the chosen one who might be searching for the truth about herself...

Still, great clues! I love to delve into the stories again! ^_^

Harmony it is!

There are actually two major links between the stories mentioned: all involve worlds that go through cycles (like Scadrial) and all involve a Chosen One, as you surmised.

There are also specific ones:

Wolf’s Rain (Don’t read this one Marukka! HUGE spoilers!)

Spoiler

At the end, the world is restored and flowers bloom due to the MC’s actions. This was more to establish the setting.

Belgariad/Mallorean

Spoiler

ends with the Chosen One role handed off to a secondary character who becomes a God and ends the cycles.

WoT: Saidin and Saidar are obviously inspired by Taoism - as was the whole R&P thing. But in the end they are the ONE power, as Harmony joins R&P into one.

AC 1-3 I actually liked Desmond, but setting that aside… The entire premise of the games is using the knowledge of the past to save the present.

No Place Like Home tells the story of a person searching through multiple religions for truth and purpose - only to find it in the faith of his own people.

Edited by Kingsdaughter613

47 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Harmony it is!

There are actually two major links between the stories mentioned: all involve worlds that go through cycles (like Scadrial) and all involve a Chosen One, as you surmised.

There are also specific ones:

Wolf’s Rain (Don’t read this one Marukka! HUGE spoilers!)

Reveal hidden contents

At the end, the world is restored and flowers bloom due to the MC’s actions. This was more to establish the setting.

Belgariad/Mallorean

Reveal hidden contents

ends with the Chosen One role handed off to a secondary character who becomes a God and ends the cycles.

WoT: Saidin and Saidar are obviously inspired by Taoism - as was the whole R&P thing. But in the end they are the ONE power, as Harmony joins R&P into one.

AC 1-3 I actually liked Desmond, but setting that aside… The entire premise of the games is using the knowledge of the past to save the present.

No Place Like Home tells the story of a person searching through multiple religions for truth and purpose - only to find it in the faith of his own people.

Yay! Great round! :)

The point with AC is a pretty nice one. I probably would have gotten it if I actually liked the "present story" even a little bit more. Even in the newer ones (the newest I played being Syndicate, the rest is on my pile of shame) I tend to roll my eyes and try to get through it as fast as possible to get back to the "past story". :P

And I really should have gotten through the whole songtext. That seems to be the perfect song for Sazed! ^_^

So...

1. This character was never married

48 minutes ago, Marukka said:

Yay! Great round! :)

The point with AC is a pretty nice one. I probably would have gotten it if I actually liked the "present story" even a little bit more. Even in the newer ones (the newest I played being Syndicate, the rest is on my pile of shame) I tend to roll my eyes and try to get through it as fast as possible to get back to the "past story". :P

And I really should have gotten through the whole songtext. That seems to be the perfect song for Sazed! ^_^

So...

1. This character was never married

Chiri-Chiri.

1 minute ago, ElMonoEstupendo said:

The greater good.

Taravangian. He's got a daughter but a wife is never mentioned.

Nope

Not Chiri-Chiri
Not Taravangian

1. This character was never married.
2. This character fought for the greater good.
3. This character did something he/she did not want to do.

23 minutes ago, ElMonoEstupendo said:

Gloombringer-in-Chief, Kaladin Stormblessed, he of the bare feet.

Lmao, not the ever-blue Kaladin Stormblessed

16 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

I was going to guess Vivenna, but she has three.

Vin?

Not the diminutive Vin

1. This character is said to be clever.

2. This character was tricked anyway.

3. This character has 2 siblings.

4. This character spoke with royalty about architecture.

1 minute ago, AceBassMan said:

Lmao, not the ever-blue Kaladin Stormblessed

Not the diminutive Vin

1. This character is said to be clever.

2. This character was tricked anyway.

3. This character has 2 siblings.

4. This character spoke with royalty about architecture.

The architect in Elantris? Does he even have siblings?