The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

1 minute ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Thaidakar shrugged, "so? I have a rickrolling link that can kill someone's mind for good."

"That's completely different. I can theoretically actually kill him. If I just grab his sword away from him and kill him with it. It'll be easy." Nameless hesitated. "But you're right. It's time to launch the quest." He snapped his fingers, and Abomination and all the withergeists disappeared. "Alright questees! Line up to recieve random quest items!"

Just now, Nameless said:

"That's completely different. I can theoretically actually kill him. If I just grab his sword away from him and kill him with it. It'll be easy." Nameless hesitated. "But you're right. It's time to launch the quest." He snapped his fingers, and Abomination and all the withergeists disappeared. "Alright questees! Line up to recieve random quest items!"

Thaidakar sighed, he raised Callandor, "I already stole this from some guy in the wheel of time, thought it might be important." he swung the sword around in his hand playfully.

2 hours ago, Nameless said:

Yeah, but how would Rond figure out how to stop someone from being killed by Mordite when he didn't even have access to it? How would he be able to do something that no Narrator, Mime, or character has ever been able to do? Even the Witherlord would be killed by it.

A nonlocalized energy network. Mordite kills 100% of the time when it is stabbed into the core of a being. If a being doesn't have a core, it will still hurt - lot (more than a glancing mordite blow, even)-  but it won't instantly kill. It's going to be a lot harder to heal from, though.

3 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

no idea.

Abomination groaned and then stabbed Unintelligible(?) with the Mordite sword. Abomination kicked Rep and drew his sword from Unintelligible(?)

Mythos stared dumbfounded. Unintelligible(?)'s corpse wasn't withering, in fact Unintelligible was getting up.

He grimaced, he rubbed the place where the sword had stabbed, "that's gonna leave a mark." he summoned his sword, he looked at Nameless, "it's been a while." Unintelligible burst into action, attacking Abomination in a flurry of motion.

Unintelligible was noticeably slower, noticeably weaker from his stab wound.

Soulmover thumped onto the ground, "ow." he had just tried to go into another thread, failing magnificently. By the souls, Shadow was getting on his nerves. SOulmover noticed the quest, "what does this quest entail?" he asked Nameless.

2 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

A nonlocalized energy network. Mordite kills 100% of the time when it is stabbed into the core of a being. If a being doesn't have a core, it will still hurt - lot (more than a glancing mordite blow, even)-  but it won't instantly kill. It's going to be a lot harder to heal from, though.

That works.

3 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Unintelligible was noticeably slower, noticeably weaker from his stab wound.

Nameless glanced over at Unintelligible(?). "Thaidakar, would you try to heal him please?"

2 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Soulmover thumped onto the ground, "ow." he had just tried to go into another thread, failing magnificently. By the souls, Shadow was getting on his nerves. SOulmover noticed the quest, "what does this quest entail?" he asked Nameless.

"Fine, whatever. You can come."

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

"The Sequence quest?" queried 655.

"Yep! You need to deliver Sequence an invitation. Here, take a couple." Nameless shoved a bunch of invitations into 655's arms. "And also, take something out of this bag. It's magic, and it'll give you something of great personal significance, that might be tangentially helpful to your quest."

3 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Soulmover nodded, "good." Meanwhile Thaidakar started fuming.

"Look. Thaidakar, I'll be honest. I just don't think there should be any narrators on this quest. It needs to go under the radar, and you're... not good at that, exactly."

6 minutes ago, Nameless said:

"Look. Thaidakar, I'll be honest. I just don't think there should be any narrators on this quest. It needs to go under the radar, and you're... not good at that, exactly."

Thaidakar gave him an angry look.

5 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Thaidakar asked Everyone if they would like a bag of chips.

Everyone gave Thaidakar a flat look. "... Do you have barbecue...?"

40 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Nameless ignored him, holding out the bag. “Alright everyone! Line up and get your quest items!”

"Why does it have to be random?" Everyone asked. "You're a Narrator, couldn't you just give everyone something useful? Actually, I just contradicted myself. Narrators are useless."

9 hours ago, Nameless said:

"Yep! You need to deliver Sequence an invitation. Here, take a couple." Nameless shoved a bunch of invitations into 655's arms. "And also, take something out of this bag. It's magic, and it'll give you something of great personal significance, that might be tangentially helpful to your quest."

655 pulled out an urn.

9 hours ago, Sequence said:

"Why does it have to be random?" Everyone asked. "You're a Narrator, couldn't you just give everyone something useful? Actually, I just contradicted myself. Narrators are useless."

"Look, if there's anything I've learned in my time as a Narrator, it's that character growth is really important."

2 hours ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

Alex walked over. "I don't know why you are giving us any items, I thought we would be better prepared than this."

"What, so you don't have your own gear? These items aren't to help you on your quest so much as they are to facilitate personal growth. Although they might just come in handy somewhere along the way anyways."

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

655 pulled out an urn.

"Ah, excellent. You see everyone? That's a useful item. When 655 turns back into dust, you'll have something to put him in!" Nameless proffered the bag to Rep, who pulled out a rock. He stared at it in confusion. "What's this supposed to be?" Nameless ignored this, holding out the bag to the rest of the group. "Who's next?"

6 minutes ago, Nameless said:

"What, so you don't have your own gear? These items aren't to help you on your quest so much as they are to facilitate personal growth. Although they might just come in handy somewhere along the way anyways."

"I have my own gear. It's in here." he held up a bag.

Just now, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

"I have my own gear. It's in here." he held up a bag.

"Excellent. Then you won't have any complaints with taking something out of here, will you? It might not be directly useful to your quest, but I can guarantee that 95% of the time, it'll be something of personal significance to you. Something like a long-lost family heirloom, a treasured reminder of your lost love, or just a treasured possession that was taken from you." Nameless gestured towards Thom. "See? Knives. Those are related to his backstory."