The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

Nameless stopped Narrating, scratching his head. "Yeah, I have no idea where to go from here. Maybe Bart could try to find a spaceship? Maybe he could search for some magical object to save himself, kinda like the flower except more personal? Eh, I'm not sure."

Wizard's eyes glow bright blue "'I’ll die before I become like them. I’m so sick of all this death.' He decided to go up there, and then we understood. That’s why he turned his back to us. Because he didn’t want to see us die.' Does that work for more for you?"

19 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano watched, no emotion showing. On the inside, however, he felt sympathy for the dying world.

The bird in his hand shivered, as if it had a chill. Calano decided to name the bird Chi.

The purple bird looked up at Calano, with tears in her eyes, trembling. "I'm sorry, Calano. I'm sorry for everything that's happened to you...everything I've done." The bird stretched out her wings towards him.  "Life is different now, I realize. I've messed everything up," she cried, shaking. She stared up towards the sky. "And we had the world in the palm of our hand."

sorryyyyyyyyyy calano! I had a doctors appointment

Edited by Shining Silhouette

36 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Wizard's eyes glow bright blue "'I’ll die before I become like them. I’m so sick of all this death.' He decided to go up there, and then we understood. That’s why he turned his back to us. Because he didn’t want to see us die.' Does that work for more for you?"

"That's... cryptic. And interesting. Anyways, I was thinking, big picture wise, that Bart would be delving deep into the heart of whatever was destroying his homeworld, going through all sorts of unspeakable horrors that eat away at his sanity and will to live. Eventually, he'd find a piece of Narrativium or something at the planet's core, absorb it, lose all his memories from before becoming a Narrator per usual, and decide that he is now 'Nameless' as he has nothing, not even the faintest shred of a memory of anything about his completely destroyed origins. Sound cool?"

1 hour ago, Nameless said:

"That's... cryptic. And interesting. Anyways, I was thinking, big picture wise, that Bart would be delving deep into the heart of whatever was destroying his homeworld, going through all sorts of unspeakable horrors that eat away at his sanity and will to live. Eventually, he'd find a piece of Narrativium or something at the planet's core, absorb it, lose all his memories from before becoming a Narrator per usual, and decide that he is now 'Nameless' as he has nothing, not even the faintest shred of a memory of anything about his completely destroyed origins. Sound cool?"

"That seems as good a backstory as any I've heard." Wizard then ruins this by saying "Though, I've never actually heard a good backstory before."

13 hours ago, Shining Silhouette said:

The purple bird looked up at Calano, with tears in her eyes, trembling. "I'm sorry, Calano. I'm sorry for everything that's happened to you...everything I've done." The bird stretched out her wings towards him.  "Life is different now, I realize. I've messed everything up," she cried, shaking. She stared up towards the sky. "And we had the world in the palm of our hand."

"You... We... How do you know those words? Lana hates me! How do you know those words!"

"I saw her face! In the Court! She hated me! I- I... I never forgot her expression."

Calano sank to his knees, overwhelmed, as a black void surrounded him.

The Unseen Plane.

Always, he was sent back here.

Always, he was companionless.

The Bird came with him.

"She... She hated me. She hates me."

The purple bird put a wing on Calano as they were transported to the Unseen Plane. "No, Calano," she whispered. "You've got it all wrong."

She hesitated. "Maybe the emotions were too much for her in that moment. Maybe she was afraid of letting herself be happy. Maybe," she paused, trembling. "Maybe she was trying her best to do what was right for you." Her feathers shimmered in a familiar pattern, shifting color from deep purple to a soothing red and back again.

"You weren't there. You didn't see her eyes in that moment. There was anger and hate and grief and-"

Calano thought back to that moment. Back to the moment the guard pressed his hand to the wrist of his left arm, bestowing the Curse of the Black Angel upon him.

He thought back to when he looked at Lana as his left eye bled to gray, as his wings went from white to black.

There was more in her eyes.

Pain, yes.

Sorrow. Yes.

But something more...

Patience, and... and love. Deep down though it was, there it was.

Love.

"What..." Calano whispered, looking down at the purple bird in his hands, which was iridiescently shimmering familiar colors.

Calano's mind was going a billion miles an hour, trying to connect puzzle pieces he hadn't seen in years and had forgotten the configuration for.

"How would you know? I was the only person who ever talked to her. She told me that. Her own family wouldn't accept her. And I all but betrayed her."