The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

"Thank you."

Rym walked over to the hovering sphere. He took out a notebook and wrote something down. He seemed....strangely unurgent about the situation, though he was obviously wary of the sphere.

He put the notebook away and turned to Calano. 

"My name is Rym," he said. "You can consider me...a gatherer of information. Can you tell me where this sphere came from?"

Calano stared dumbfounded at Rym, very confused.

He pointed at the jumble of metal parts on the workbench. "That used to be an engine, until it fell apart and birthed the sphere. At first it was golden, but one of the Crolings tried to peck it and it got... agitated?"

4 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano stared dumbfounded at Rym, very confused.

He pointed at the jumble of metal parts on the workbench. "That used to be an engine, until it fell apart and birthed the sphere. At first it was golden, but one of the Crolings tried to peck it and it got... agitated?"

Slowly, the sphere's angry hissing/static noise died down and it's color faded back to its original comforting gold hue. It began to drift around, it's form distorting ever so slightly whenever it came into contact with something.

7 minutes ago, Landing Sequence said:

Slowly, the sphere's angry hissing/static noise died down and it's color faded back to its original comforting gold hue. It began to drift around, it's form distorting ever so slightly whenever it came into contact with something.

Calano decided to ask it a question; "What are you?"

3 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano decided to ask it a question; "What are you?"

The sphere stopped where it was. It stood in place for a moment, before drifting a bit closer to Calano. It made a small squeaky-buzzing noise and drifted over to Rym. It made the same noise, then drifted back over to Calano's workbench, continuing to... explore?

5 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano watched in amused curiosity as the orb buzzed and squeaked, floating around.

"Can you.. Can you hear me?"

The possibility of anyone hearing anything over the deafening sound of knocking coming from the front door was frankly a little ridiculous.

Edited by Nameless