The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

2 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Rond's smile widened even more, "and you're a scholar? this is quite the detailed paragraph... Is it alright if I put it in my next bestiary catalogue?"

The Croling bobbed it's head up and down, chirping softly.

Calano shut the door after the man who's horse died.

He turned to Rond. "Now," He began, "Who are you?"

Just now, CalanoCorvus said:

The Croling bobbed it's head up and down, chirping softly.

Calano shut the door after the man who's horse died.

He turned to Rond. "Now," He began, "Who are you?"

Rond stood up, setting the Croling down, "I am Rond, I'm supposed to be a mad scientist. But the mad part really only happened after someone double dipped in my favorite jalapeño sauce. Me and Nowhere were research pals for a while, then I was insane for about fifteen years because of a completely off topic story. then I was cloned by Nameless and a lot of stuff happened. All that you need to know is that I'm back in one piece as one person."

20 minutes ago, Nameless said:

The man sneered from outside the house, casting a nervous look over his shoulder at Mysterious X. "So you reveal your demon, eh? Is that the thing that killed my horse?"

The man gained the impression that Mysterious X did not kill his horse, but a dragon did.

1 minute ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano paused.

"Forget I asked. What do you want to do with my Crolings?"

"Merely just to look at them, interact with them. I'm highly interested in animals of the sort. Or... as if one could call such an intelligent creature as a Croling an animal."

"I don't know if they qualify as living things. Technically, by the scientific definition, they aren't 'alive,' but they do have a consciousness, and can be quite clever sometimes."

As if on cue, one of the Crolings flew onto Calano's head and began gently pecking at his eyebrow.

"Sometimes." Calano said.

Rond blinked, "it appears someone is knocking on your back door." he looked thoughtful for a moment then knelt down near one of the crolings and asked politely, "would you want to come back with me to my lab? you'd be a lovely assistant to me."

The Croling seemed taken aback, then looked at Calano. Calano extended his hands, and the Croling flew up into them.

They looked at each other for a couple of minutes, before Calano nodded solemnly. "Don't be a bother." He whispered to the Croling.

He cupped his hands around it, whispered something in a different language, and gestured to Rond.

"This one has been Unbound from this place. He may now go with you, and you may choose a name for it. He will help you." Calano said to Rond.

The Croling flew up on top of Ronds head and chirped cheerfully.

Edited by CalanoCorvus

2 minutes ago, Nameless said:

He ignored it, instead choosing to think about the nasty rumors he could start spreading about Calano.

"I'll be back," Rym said, heading for the door and walking past Rond. "Let me know if anything happens while I'm gone."

Rym went to chase down the man and make sure that he didn't do anything drastic.

1 minute ago, CalanoCorvus said:

The Croling seemed taken aback, then looked at Calano. Calano extended his hands, and the Croling flew up into them.

They looked at each other for a couple of minutes, before Calano nodded solemnly. "Don't be a bother." He whispered to the Croling.

He cupped his hands around it, whispered something in a different language, and gestured to Rond.

"This one has been Unbound from this place. He may now go with you, and you may choose a name for it. He will help you."

The Croling flew up on top of Ronds head.

Rond smiled, "it's my honor. I will treat him with great care."

1 minute ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"I'll be back," Rym said, heading for the door and walking past Rond. "Let me know if anything happens while I'm gone."

Rym went to chase down the man and make sure that he didn't do anything drastic.

Rym never found the man as he had been eaten.

The orb drifted over to Rond, it’s form flickering with crimson spots. It made a low buzzing sound as it began to circle around his head for no clear reason.

Edited by Landing Sequence

17 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Rym never found the man as he had been eaten.

18 minutes ago, Landing Sequence said:

The orb drifted over to Rond, it’s form flickering with crimson spots. It made a low buzzing sound as it began to circle around his head for no clear reason.

Rym shrugged and walked back to Calano's house.

"Sorry about that..." he said as he stepped in the door, but paused when he saw the orb. "What's it doing now?"

28 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano smiled, almost sadly.

"I will miss that one. See to it nothing bad happens to him."

27 minutes ago, Landing Sequence said:

He nodded then looked at the orb with a confused expression.

1 minute ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

He nodded then looked at the orb with a confused expression.

The orb continued to… examine Rond. It’s form flickering with angry red and distorting the spherical shape.

53 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Rond pulled out a small device and examined the orb with it.

The sphere shrieked and a point jutted out of its semi-solid form, stabbing into and destroying the device.