The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

56 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"what did you do to the timeline?" he asked as if he was saying something about the weather.

Calano looked back down at the Croling he was assembling.

"Reset it a little bit. Why?"

Just now, CalanoCorvus said:

"Not repeating the Allgod era. Simply wanting a more peaceful life. Is that too much to ask?"

Calano connected a couple of wires, and the wings of the Croling flapped a couple of times.

"just be careful with reseting the timeline, okay?"

Calano glanced up at Rond.

"Relax, Rond. Life's good again! Nothing's trying to kill us, I'm tinkering with this little guy," He gestured to the Croling, "And I haven't a care in the world."

He gestured to the door. "Go outside! Live a little!"

22 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano glanced up at Rond.

"Relax, Rond. Life's good again! Nothing's trying to kill us, I'm tinkering with this little guy," He gestured to the Croling, "And I haven't a care in the world."

He gestured to the door. "Go outside! Live a little!"

"that's like telling a fish to live on land."

Calano chuckled, then continued working on his Croling, a contented grin on his face.

He took a deep breath, and his chest felt... peaceful. Blissful.

He connected a few more wires, and the Croling hopped to it's feet, chirping. The fan in it's chest began to whir, and it shivered.

"I will name you Rin. Hello, Rin."

The Croling chirped up at Calano, who smiled.

Peace, of course, could never last long on The Longest Thread. 

1 hour ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano chuckled, then continued working on his Croling, a contented grin on his face.

He took a deep breath, and his chest felt... peaceful. Blissful.

He connected a few more wires, and the Croling hopped to it's feet, chirping. The fan in it's chest began to whir, and it shivered.

"I will name you Rin. Hello, Rin."

The Croling chirped up at Calano, who smiled.

Calano felt the presence of somebody nearby. Perhaps... looking over his shoulder.

1 minute ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Calano glanced behind his shoulder.

A human looking person was there, watching Calano's work. They stepped back as they were noticed, and applauded. "Very nice. Do you think you could make something like that, that's maybe a bit more... d̵͕͊ḁ̵͆ṉ̸̈́ĝ̴̲é̶̫r̵͎̚o̸̓ͅü̸̞s̶̲̕?̴͓́"

"Perfect." The stranger hissed. "If you want this precious trinket here, you will build something simple, I assure you. Nothing more than... a vessel. I need a watch, a necklace, an earring, a ring, whatever is easiest, that can harness this." The stranger held out one of their hands, palm facing up. A smoky mass of black clouds and red lightning coalesced in their palm. The mere sight of it gave Calano a dreadful sinking feeling. "̸̦̪̩̎̒C̸͇̼̾͛ͅä̵̖̽̄ṅ̷̢̕ ̶̻̉͘i̸̻̿͂t̴̬͈̓̋͘ ̸̡̹̩̀̃͝b̵̟̹̍ẹ̸͂͝ ̵̙̣̎́d̴͍͈̤̎o̷̜̤̘̔̚n̷̖̖̣͠e̶̤̒?̷̪̺̽̀͋"̵̗̱͉͝ They asked.

16 minutes ago, Landing Sequence said:

"Perfect." The stranger hissed. "If you want this precious trinket here, you will build something simple, I assure you. Nothing more than... a vessel. I need a watch, a necklace, an earring, a ring, whatever is easiest, that can harness this." The stranger held out one of their hands, palm facing up. A smoky mass of black clouds and red lightning coalesced in their palm. The mere sight of it gave Calano a dreadful sinking feeling. "̸̦̪̩̎̒C̸͇̼̾͛ͅä̵̖̽̄ṅ̷̢̕ ̶̻̉͘i̸̻̿͂t̴̬͈̓̋͘ ̸̡̹̩̀̃͝b̵̟̹̍ẹ̸͂͝ ̵̙̣̎́d̴͍͈̤̎o̷̜̤̘̔̚n̷̖̖̣͠e̶̤̒?̷̪̺̽̀͋"̵̗̱͉͝ They asked.

Calano's mind began racing. A vessel. A vessel for some sort of miniature storm. Perhaps an orb..? The structural integrity would be well balanced... but what material? Calano was an engineer, not a mage. This would be a challenge. Thankfully, he liked challenges. And suddenly, he got an idea.

He smiled. "It can."