The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

1 minute ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Mythos ignored the rocks and stared at the statue. he whispered, noone else could hear it, "So this is where he went... Father didn't die..."

"Um, what was that? Didn't quite catch it." The cucumber person stroked his long beard ponderously. "Something about your father? Really, you ought to turn your head towards me more. Hard to read lips with manners like yours."

Just now, Nameless said:

"Um, what was that? Didn't quite catch it." The cucumber person stroked his long beard ponderously. "Something about your father? Really, you ought to turn your head towards me more. Hard to read lips with manners like yours."

He turned, "My father disappeared long ago, he was a scientist who worked on dimensional theories. He dissapeared once." that was an understatement to what had actually happened, but cucumber beard didn't need to know that.

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

He turned, "My father disappeared long ago, he was a scientist who worked on dimensional theories. He dissapeared once." that was an understatement to what had actually happened, but cucumber beard didn't need to know that.

"Hm. An understatement, I see. Well, your life is hardly my business. Glad we could clear that up."

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Mythos nodded, "alright then."

Cucumber beard led Mythos into an ancient library, filled with ancient texts. In the oldest of all the rooms in that library, there was a scroll. Cucumber beard picked this scroll up gently, placing it in the hands of Mythos. "It is said that before he disappeared, the ancient king left this to his heir. It is in some strange script that neither I, nor any other scholar of this land has been able to decipher. Perhaps you will have better luck."

Just now, Nameless said:

Cucumber beard led Mythos into an ancient library, filled with ancient texts. In the oldest of all the rooms in that library, there was a scroll. Cucumber beard picked this scroll up gently, placing it in the hands of Mythos. "It is said that before he disappeared, the ancient king left this to his heir. It is in some strange script that neither I, nor any other scholar of this land has been able to decipher. Perhaps you will have better luck."

Mythos nodded, wiping a tear from his eyes, he took the scroll and looked at it. he started smiling, "this is the language my father invented for our family. I still keep a copy of the dictionary for it with me. I'll get to work on reading it."

3 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Mythos nodded, wiping a tear from his eyes, he took the scroll and looked at it. he started smiling, "this is the language my father invented for our family. I still keep a copy of the dictionary for it with me. I'll get to work on reading it."

Cucumber beard nodded. "I will leave you to it." He walked from the room, and left Mythos alone with his thoughts.

Just now, The Bookwyrm said:

"Oh," Rym said. He looked embarrassed. "I misunderstood."

He paused for a moment. "Who was your father, then?"

"My father was a genius." he turned back to the scroll and sat down at a desk in the library.

Rym stood in silence for a moment, then left Mythos to read the scroll.

That doesn't tell me much, he thought to himself as he walked through the library, but I'm sure I'll get answers if I stick around long enough.

He continued walking through the library, occasionally taking a book of the shelf and glancing through it, making sure to be very careful with the ancient texts.

These will come in handy later... he thought.