The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

The mysterious figure remained stubbornly cloaked in shadow, but Rym did get close enough to hear his next words, a rasping whisper. "You must handle him carefully my servant. If he but suspects our plan, all that we have worked for these many years will be lost. There can be no loose ends."

Edited by Nameless

Mythos had translated the scroll almost perfectly, oblivious to the threatening way the cucumber beard was talking about him with the shadow man. Mythos smiled happily. Suddenly, he felt goosebumps on his arm. He stood up, alarmed. Something was wrong... he could feel it.

Just now, The Bookwyrm said:

You mean Rym.

Yeah, woops.

As Rym sent the message to Bookwyrm, the dark figure glanced sharply towards the bookcase Rym was hiding behind, and his voice sharpened as he spoke. "Servant, I see my trust in you was misplaced. We shall meet again soon to speak of your penance. For now, I must go." He vanished into the shadows, leaving behind only a faint scent of strawberries.

Or it was, until a big ripple formed with blue sparks coming from it. A blue cloaked figure walked in. Soulmover looked around, "what are you doing here?" he asked Mythos.

Mythos blinked, "the chess piece opened into here."

Cucumber beard fuzzed mistily, causing Rym to fall through him and land flat on his face. "Mysterious being? Oh dear. I have no idea what you're talking about." Turning to Mythos, he nodded eagerly. "You've actually decrypted it? Pray tell, what message does it bring?"