The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

Meanwhile, Asela was trying to get Gourd to negotiate with death. "Don't worry child, it won't be as bad as you think. Just give him something that you find incredibly personally valuable, and don't leave any loopholes in the agreement. Oh, and don't touch him. Or take anything he gives you that you don't specify to be safe to take in the agreement. And also don't look at his eyes too closely. And make sure not to get caught up in visions of your dead loved ones. And-sorry, you don't need all this help. You'll be fine! Trust your instincts."

It was a tedious process. Death didn't seem to understand the urgency of the situation, evidenced by the fact that he got up to get everyone another cup of coffee every two minutes or so.

Edited by Sequence

Asela stared at the decaying web that was her world, Gourd standing on her right, ghost of Kurucu on her left. "I think... I think I'm too late this time. Or maybe it was just never possible in the first place. The old world is back. really back, and I don't think there's any power left that can seal it away again." She turned to Kurucu. "Unless you know of a way?"