The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

Subversion groans, feeling the pain of her wounds along with all of those she's inflicted, the pressure on her soul from Everyone, the exhaustion from Vengeance's strength-sapping powers. Her will wavers, but remains resolute Platypus is almost as beat up as I am, and Everyone's putting everything into attacking my soul. Unintelligible's still incapacitated. The rest of them can still fight. Damnation, if only they couldn't heal! I could win if th-wait. Subversion's eyes fell on Rym and his sword. I can still win this! One last chance to prove myself, to become Nameless' heir! Turning to Rue, Subversion placed a hand on her ally's exhausted arm. "I thank you for your help" he whispered, hand glowing faintly "You didn't have to fight for me, but you did. I will take this fight from here. Just lend me your strength one more time, and rest." With that, Subversion's hand glowed fiercely, and all of Rue's remaining power was absorbed into the twisted proto-Narrator.

With the influx of power, Subversion's wounds close, and her resolve strengthens. One last chance. Moving faster than anyone can react, Subversion attacks Rym, knocking the avatar to the ground and ripping the Mordite blade from his grasp. Then she turns her back on him to face the vengeance party, breathing heavily, power practically gone. "Well then, are you all ready to face death? This blade can kill anyone! Even a Narrator cannot survive a direct blow! You want vengeance? It won't happen!" Laughing derisively, Subversion swings the blade artfully before raising it in a defensive stance. Once I win this, everyone will see what I really am! The Narrator who killed Unintelligible! Everyone! Bookwyrm and Platypus and Darth Barnacles! All will see me for what I am: The most dangerous, the greatest Narrator TLT has ever seen! "Come! face me, and meet your deaths upon this blade!"

@Ookla the Perpetual

Everyone yawned. That's a nice fantasy. The Orb was summoned in Everyone's hand. It was the same Orb that had been made to duplicate their power. The same one that would absorb Everyone's power, then return it to them once they had restored it manually. The Orb appeared to be full to the absolute brim. They must have been saving it for quite a while. They closed their eyes, and sucked in the power of the Orb. Everyone giggled. "Oooh, that tickles!" Their soul-attack returned tenfold, dark mist and lightning crackling throughout the entire cave.

1 minute ago, Ookla the platypus said:

Thats Nameless' call! Maybe he doesn't want her to die. That's why I always make my attacks in a way that certain powers can survive them if the Narrator would not like their character to die.

Edited by Sequence

Subversion showed no outward signs of pain from the increased attack, aside from a slight flinch at its initiation. Damn it. I can barely move with this. But I can still win. "Is that all you've got? I expected better, from a fragment of a Narrator! Bring it on you cowards!"

Just now, Ookla the Untitled said:

Subversion showed no outward signs of pain from the increased attack, aside from a slight flinch at its initiation. Damn it. I can barely move with this. But I can still win. "Is that all you've got? I expected better, from a fragment of a Narrator! Bring it on you cowards!"

Everyone smiled. "If you say so." A new type of energy began to creep into Suvbersion's soul. This was dark, wrong, burning. "When you're ready to surrender, l̸̨̥͋̊ẻ̶̙͇͝ṯ̵͊̃ ̵̼̈̃m̸̮̦̓ȇ̶̞͉͠ ̶̡͉̀k̵͉͊̉n̸̬͒ǒ̶̧̡w̷͍͙̃̂.̵̖̀͜."

2 minutes ago, Ookla the platypus said:

I know how I want it to end, and that idea we discussed does play into it, but I'll handle that, okay?

1 minute ago, Sequence said:

Everyone smiled. "If you say so." A new type of energy began to creep into Suvbersion's soul. This was dark, wrong, burning. "When you're ready to surrender, l̸̨̥͋̊ẻ̶̙͇͝ṯ̵͊̃ ̵̼̈̃m̸̮̦̓ȇ̶̞͉͠ ̶̡͉̀k̵͉͊̉n̸̬͒ǒ̶̧̡w̷͍͙̃̂.̵̖̀͜."

Screaming internally, Subversion grinned. "I'll surrender after I'm dead. And I won't die until all of you are decaying in the grave!"

"O̸͈̐̀k̴͓͔̚a̴͈̟͑͠y̸̯̦̌͂!̸́̊͜" Everyone said brightly. "̵͎͚̀̊Ĭ̶͉͎̈'̵̤͊l̶͈͙͐͑l̶̯͕̃̈ ̷̯͙̀͘c̷͙̹͋o̷̢͚͑ụ̸̂̈́n̸͚̩̔t̵͓̉ ̴̞̈́t̸͎͘ö̴̮ ̴̤͎̚t̶̠̹̊̀e̶̝͎̿͂ņ̴̂̉.̵̲̞̆"̵̠͓̉̓ The dark power continued to burn and writhe and stab and pinch and cut. Slowly.

"S̵͎̠̈́ő̸͇̈͜ṷ̴̮͒n̷̛͉̣̽d̷̯̑͘s̴̘̙̉͂ ̵̡͙͌l̸̛̖̯í̴̲͔ḵ̷͙̀ȩ̷̓̃ ̵̡͖̒͑a̵̪͗̂ ̶̯̘̍p̶̝̣͗l̶̢̬̀̈́a̷͈͖̅̓n̴̯̍.̵̻͔̽̀" The power stopped burning. Before Subversion could react, it became freezing. The cutting and pinching sensation became worse, as her flesh felt frozen. Everyone walked up out of the mist and backhanded Subversion across the face. They stood there, face completely shrouded in darkness apart from a single red dot.

Everyone looked surprised for a moment. It passed right through them. "I told you guys, keeping a Mordite sword around is a bad idea!" Everyone's voice said from behind Subversion. She felt a hard kick right into the small of her back as the misty figure faded away. 

37 minutes ago, Ookla the Untitled said:

fine i guess. it was such a good idea. oh well.

"I might be the one you want to fight. I would want to fight me if I were you. I started this whole thing. FOR VAILIANT!!!" Playpus yells, then charges in, Vengeance dissolving. "I don't need Vengeance to beat you!!! I'll use my normal Narrationblade. You're not worth Vengeance." He says spitefully.

Just now, Ookla the platypus said:

"I might be the one you want to fight. I would want to fight me if I were you. I started this whole thing. FOR VAILIANT!!!" Playpus yells, then charges in, Vengeance dissolving. "I don't need Vengeance to beat you!!! I'll use my normal Narrationblade. You're not worth Vengeance." He says spitefully.

Subversion chuckles. "Arrogant to the end. Just like Valiant. That pathetic slime always had too high an opinion of his abilities, just like you." She points the Mordite sword towards Wizard's heart. "Well then, come on. I'll face both of you at once!"

"Oh, stop stealing my ideas. I did that already. Plus, to kill me, even with Mordite, you'd have to puncture. I've tested it. If it doesn't puncture, and it won't, so... I'm game. I'm more concerned about you killing Wizard than me. I began vengeance, but Vengeance won't end it. I will."

Just now, Sequence said:

I could, but it wouldn't work very well if Subversion survived. I'll be fine.

“Uh, Mordite will puncture your skin with little no no pressure application. You can’t survive a direct hit from that, which is why I constantly use cowardly techniques.” Everyone said matter-of-factly.

Edited by Sequence

Just now, Sequence said:

“Uh, Mordite will puncture your skin with little no no pressure application. You can’t survive a direct hit from that, which is why I constantly use cowardly techniques.” Everyone said matter-of-factly.

"They said that. They were wrong. My skin is harder than you think," Platypus said arrogantly. "My skin can't be cut by anything besides certain Blades. It is extremely rare. Rue should count herself lucky that she punctured my foot in our fight."

also, good news! I can try out my idea on Rue! Don't worry, I checked with @Ookla the Ta'veren, and it's okay (as long as I give her a cool death). 

Rym, his abilities hindered for a moment by a fluctuation in the thread, made his move.

He called the Mordite Sword back to him. It vanished from Subversion's grasp and reappeared in Rym's hands. 

He pointed the sword at Subversion. 

"You," he said, "Aren't a full Narrator. No matter what you claim. And you cannot face, or steal, from those who have the support of a full one."

Subversion was now without a weapon.

"They said that. They were wrong. My skin is harder than you think," Platypus said arrogantly. "My skin can't be cut by anything besides certain Blades. It is extremely rare. Rue should count herself lucky that she punctured my foot in our fight."

Everyone blinked at Platypus incredulously. “… It’s Mordite. Literally Mordite. I don’t care how thick your skin is, it’s Mordite.”

Edited by Sequence