The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

1 hour ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"It happened before you existed." Platypus settled into a easy posture, relaxed and ready to fight.

Subversion didn’t reply, a cloud of smoke appearing as her form warped and twisted.

From out of the smoke, a somewhat familiar voice spoke. “Hey Platypus. I have to warn you, there’s this guy called ‘Darkness’ giving Desolation orders. He wants Desolation to kill Thaidakar, and you shouldn’t let that happen.”

I don’t think TLT should be moved to the RP forum. That would ruin it. We could move the plot to an RP forum though.

25 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

Subversion didn’t reply, a cloud of smoke appearing as her form warped and twisted.

From out of the smoke, a somewhat familiar voice spoke. “Hey Platypus. I have to warn you, there’s this guy called ‘Darkness’ giving Desolation orders. He wants Desolation to kill Thaidakar, and you shouldn’t let that happen.”

I don’t think TLT should be moved to the RP forum. That would ruin it. We could move the plot to an RP forum though.

i agree, we have plot sometimes, but the point is to have random things that are nearly unexplainable happen, and that doesn't work as well in RP

would he know who the voice is?

"Too late. Thaidakar is already dead. Darkness lives."

1 hour ago, Being of Cacophony said:

i agree, we have plot sometimes, but the point is to have random things that are nearly unexplainable happen, and that doesn't work as well in RP

would he know who the voice is?

"Too late. Thaidakar is already dead. Darkness lives."

He would eventually realize who the voice belongs to. He's heard it once before.

"Already? Darkness works fast. I... oh, that was a good move on his part. He is doing well for himself."

The smoke cleared, revealing Nameless. The Narrator looked just as he had the last time Platypus had met him, save for a glowing point on his chest.

"Now, onto business. Subversion wanted me to defeat you, and we never did finish our fight that one time."

2 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

He would eventually realize who the voice belongs to. He's heard it once before.

"Already? Darkness works fast. I... oh, that was a good move on his part. He is doing well for himself."

The smoke cleared, revealing Nameless. The Narrator looked just as he had the last time Platypus had met him, save for a glowing point on his chest.

"Now, onto business. Subversion wanted me to defeat you, and we never did finish our fight that one time."

I realized that's who it was after i posted

Platypus smile faded, he was a little less confidant. Then he noticed the glowing point and his confidence came back entirely. "Excellent. I've learned more since we last met, and I did want to finish this fight." Vengeance was removing light from the air slightly in his hand, the Luxblade was gleaming brilliantly, and Platypus flashed a grin. "Have at thee!" he cried, charging in.

15 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

Platypus smile faded, he was a little less confidant. Then he noticed the glowing point and his confidence came back entirely. "Excellent. I've learned more since we last met, and I did want to finish this fight." Vengeance was removing light from the air slightly in his hand, the Luxblade was gleaming brilliantly, and Platypus flashed a grin. "Have at thee!" he cried, charging in.

Nameless summoned his Narrationblade and blocked Platypus's Luxblade. "So, you think you're a Luxsprite? I can see why Subversion agreed to fight you."

Sorry this took so long, I've been trying to have time to finish it. I also went through like three different openings. Only this one worked... the others gave a very wrong vibe for it. I put a summary at the end for y'all if you don't want to read it all, but I highly recommend reading it. It has some things that are big set up for the future of these characters and what Darkness is doing in TLT.

To the average viewer, Darkness's arrival at the center of the arena was something out of a myth. Something legendary beyond knowledge. Something beyond what should've been possible, even in TLT. To Rond, however, it was ordinary. Something that he'd seen a million times and would probably see a million times more. It was interesting to him how his mind worked, so acclimated to seeing the fantastical that everything in the world had faded to an ordinary status in his head.

So it was that Rond didn't see it quite the same when Darkness flew up from his throne, power spraying around him, the fabric of reality shifting around him causing the very air to crystalize for seconds. As it returned to its gaseous state, the air erupted in violet flames for a few moments. Darkness landed, the stones of the pinnacle melting as they met his armored feet. 

Rond bowed graciously, the fleet of priests and priestesses behind and around him following the suit of their high priest. Darkness looked at them, pale faced and stone eyed. Finally, he said in his impressive, perfect voice, "Rise, my people, my priests, my priestesses, my subjects, my children. Today, I ascend further to glory! Today, I receive power for the millennia!" The crowd cheered as they all rose. 

Shadow struggled against the horn rimmed altar, cursing both himself and Darkness in the same breath. Rond regarded him sadly in his mind. Another victim of Darkness' reign and Rond's folly. Rond could've stopped it then. Could've moved and drawn Darkness into a fight, freed Mythos with a click of a button, saved himself from damnation.

Could've, should've, didn't.

Rond didn't move, standing there, adjusting his black priest's robe, watching as Darkness summoned a long bladed knife. The knife thrummed with energy, twisting in each second an observing eye watched it. Darkness raised it high, "Today, one more Shadow dies! Today, I become more alive! Die, shadow of Darkness!"

Rond closed his eyes, frowning. I cannot do something.

Not today.

Perhaps not ever.

Darkness grinned like the Cheshire Cat as he readied his knife. Below him, Shadow squirmed, looking up at the original version of himself.

"You are weak," Darkness spat at him. "I will make you strong in me!"

"You are an animal," Shadow said calmly. "You are a plague that deserves to perish."

"Oh, enough with that self righteous talk," Darkness said. "Goodbye, Brighton." Darkness flexed his fingers against the knife.

Shadow smiled one last time, "Goodbye, Brighton." 

The knife fell.

Black and purple veins crept up Darkness's arms from the knife as it fell yet again. Darkness smiled as he felt the power roar in himself, restoring part of what was lost. Cheers roared around him as he raised the knife higher in triumph. One more bit of power taken. But how much more would he have to get?

Only time and a scotch would tell.

An hour later, Mythos sat in a velvety green parlor, a drink in front of him, a warlord across the table. Mythos didn't touch the drink, but looked resolutely at the table, the engravings and wonderful craftsmanship. 

Darkness smiled at Mythos, sipping from his drink. Mythos knew by now that it was Darkness' favorite. Scotch. He felt hatred in every bit of him for what this man stood for and who he was. This man! This god! This horrible being! He knew him and that made it all the more worse for Mythos. 

"Doubtless," Darkness said, interrupting Mythos's thoughts rudely, "You haven't had even a sip yet because you don't want to ruin the perfectly made liquor with your spittle. What else could it be?"

"I'm not in the mood," Mythos grunted. "Your foul rites are a perversion against the ancient prophesies! A perversion against the religion you once held and that I still hold dear!"

"Religion is a tool," Darkness said drily, "Nothing more. Have a drink."

"No, I will not be drunken while talking to you!" Mythos said, feeling Valaran rise within him. "I will not fall victim to what trap you have prepared!"

"How mighty the king is in his rags and chains," Darkness said with a chuckle. "The dog barks with little bite."

"Do not toy with me, Brighton," Valaran's shade said, straightening in his seat. "You deserve death!"

"You also, withergeist, you also," Darkness said. "Many deserve death but do not receive it, such is with you and me."

"You are despicable!" He burst out. "You are reprehensible! Abhorrent! Horrible! Heinous-!"

"I see that, you too, have read the dictionary in their free time," Darkness said lightly. "Now, shall we enjoy our drinks, or shall they go to waste?"

Mythos glared at him, searching his mind for a way to respond. Darkness smiled, seeing the thoughts work on Mythos's face.

"My friend," Darkness said, leaning forward, "You are not the same as you were once. Neither am I. Shall we forget the past and move on to the future? You are not Valaran, stop pretending that you are. You don't remember it. Oh, sure," he said, seeing the look on Mythos' face, "You can see how it looked, you have a fragment of his inner thoughts, but you do not have his feelings. You do not have his big ideas or plans. You are not the same ambitious young man who was crowned king. I am not Brighton, I am Darkness. I am forever changed, and so are you."

Mythos gritted his teeth, "Valaran would've defeated you by now. I could've defeated you..."

"You can't." Darkness said, falling back into his seat and having a sip of his drink. "You can't be him. Get over it."

"This is an odd way to manipulate me," Mythos said, finally raising his glass and having a long drink. "It is good." Mythos admired the drink. "However, a good drink does not mean I will join you."

Darkness shrugged, "At least you talk now... Maybe I'll get you to stop being self righteous sometime. For now... I do believe it is time that you are whipped again."

Mythos scowled, "I thought you were trying to be hospitable?"

"Did I ever say that?" Darkness said, grinning. He straightened, his expression turning to a thin line, "Your disrespect is infectious, Mythos. Have fun!" In a commanding tone, he Spoke, words twisting in the air to two guards standing nearby, "Take him away." 

The guards came, grabbing Mythos' arms. Mythos didn't struggle, glaring at Darkness, "I still don't like you!"

"I don't like you either," Darkness said smoothly as they dragged Mythos away to his prison. "We know each other, Mythos, or at least we have memories of our former selves. It's close enough to being friends..."

"Not in my book," Mythos was taken out the door.

Darkness sighed, resting his hands on the seat. His meeting with Mythos had gone exactly as he'd planned it to go. Wonderful. Soon, Mythos would know what it would be like to give freedom willingly and with a smile.

Soon, but not yet.

SUMMARY: Basically, a ritual happens where Darkness sacrifices Shadow in front of a giant crowd and forces Mythos to watch. Afterwards, Darkness starts making it so that Mythos and him are friends, like old times, while he talks to Mythos at a bar in Darkness' palace. If you want more, read the above.

23 hours ago, Nameless* said:

"Before you use it, I should mention that wielding that blade at its full potential will have consequences."

"Consequences such as...?" Everyone asked, not taking their eyes off Inversion as they twirled it around in their hands.

23 hours ago, Nameless* said:

She heard the clattering sound of something moving that had many legs.

Sequence jumped, turning towards the sound and summoning both of her blades. Conflict in the form of a large war hammer in one hand, and her Narrationblade in the form of a shield in the other. "H-hello? Who's there?" She asked, her voice quivering.

Edited by Sequence

8 minutes ago, Sequence said:

"Consequences such as...?" Everyone asked, not taking their eyes off Inversion as they twirled it around in their hands.

"There are two. The first is more of a tradeoff. In order to use that blade at its full potential you must put power into it. At full potential, this will make the blade incredibly powerful, surpassing even most Plotblades in strength, it will also leave you very vulnerable. You trade defense for offense, basically. The second consequence is more traditional. As I said you must put all your destructive energy into the Inversion in order to use it, which will have the side effect of putting all of your destructive, dark energy into it. Basically, the more power you put into it, the more empathetic you will become. At full power, it will consume every destructive impulse, every ounce of evil within you to power itself. Temporarily, of course."

17 minutes ago, Sequence said:

Sequence jumped, turning towards the sound and summoning both of her blades. Conflict in the form of a large war hammer in one hand, and her Narrationblade in the form of a shield in the other. "H-hello? Who's there?" She asked, her voice quivering.

The clattering sound came from behind her again, louder this time.

Xyr strolls into the bar and sits at the table, far enough away from Darkness to appear respectful yet close enough to be noticed, "Now Darkness, I'm afraid we haven't been formerly introduced. My name is Xyr, aspect of Void and Decay. I am afraid that my first impression of you was slightly unfair, the chaotic battle and all, and I wish to know but one thing...What is your goal, if we align I can offer you assistance and resources. Armies and generals, what do you say. Must we fight and cause a whole mess, again?"

5 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

"There are two. The first is more of a tradeoff. In order to use that blade at its full potential you must put power into it. At full potential, this will make the blade incredibly powerful, surpassing even most Plotblades in strength, it will also leave you very vulnerable. You trade defense for offense, basically. The second consequence is more traditional. As I said you must put all your destructive energy into the Inversion in order to use it, which will have the side effect of putting all of your destructive, dark energy into it. Basically, the more power you put into it, the more empathetic you will become. At full power, it will consume every destructive impulse, every ounce of evil within you to power itself. Temporarily, of course."

A flicker of annoyance appeared in Everyone's eyes for a moment, but they quickly relaxed. "Okay... okay. Thank you, Dreamsmith." They smiled and gave the Dreamsmith a small bow.

6 minutes ago, Nameless* said:

The clattering sound came from behind her again, louder this time.

Sequenced yelped in fear, spinning around and swinging her hammer at the noise. 

24 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Ak I have no idea for how I should join this.

Here's my advice: Don't think about it. Simply take a wild, random idea from your head, take a deep breath, close your eyes for as long as you need to, then start typing the idea out. Don't think about how wrong it could be or how bad it might be, just do it.

Once you have a few posts out, you'll start to get it. Though, I also recommend not doing my method of posting gigantic things with three different PoVs per thing with ginormous lore.

8 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

abalador raises a hand. "ill come"

6 hours ago, PrestoTheMagnificent said:

She raised her hand. "I'll come," She said. I have nothing better to do."

6 hours ago, Experience said:

Eldyn remains silent but decides he'll probably tag along.

“Alright! Awesome! Anyone know of something we would like to go get? Or anything we want to defeat?

2 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Sorry this took so long, I've been trying to have time to finish it. I also went through like three different openings. Only this one worked... the others gave a very wrong vibe for it. I put a summary at the end for y'all if you don't want to read it all, but I highly recommend reading it. It has some things that are big set up for the future of these characters and what Darkness is doing in TLT.

To the average viewer, Darkness's arrival at the center of the arena was something out of a myth. Something legendary beyond knowledge. Something beyond what should've been possible, even in TLT. To Rond, however, it was ordinary. Something that he'd seen a million times and would probably see a million times more. It was interesting to him how his mind worked, so acclimated to seeing the fantastical that everything in the world had faded to an ordinary status in his head.

So it was that Rond didn't see it quite the same when Darkness flew up from his throne, power spraying around him, the fabric of reality shifting around him causing the very air to crystalize for seconds. As it returned to its gaseous state, the air erupted in violet flames for a few moments. Darkness landed, the stones of the pinnacle melting as they met his armored feet. 

Rond bowed graciously, the fleet of priests and priestesses behind and around him following the suit of their high priest. Darkness looked at them, pale faced and stone eyed. Finally, he said in his impressive, perfect voice, "Rise, my people, my priests, my priestesses, my subjects, my children. Today, I ascend further to glory! Today, I receive power for the millennia!" The crowd cheered as they all rose. 

Shadow struggled against the horn rimmed altar, cursing both himself and Darkness in the same breath. Rond regarded him sadly in his mind. Another victim of Darkness' reign and Rond's folly. Rond could've stopped it then. Could've moved and drawn Darkness into a fight, freed Mythos with a click of a button, saved himself from damnation.

Could've, should've, didn't.

Rond didn't move, standing there, adjusting his black priest's robe, watching as Darkness summoned a long bladed knife. The knife thrummed with energy, twisting in each second an observing eye watched it. Darkness raised it high, "Today, one more Shadow dies! Today, I become more alive! Die, shadow of Darkness!"

Rond closed his eyes, frowning. I cannot do something.

Not today.

Perhaps not ever.

Darkness grinned like the Cheshire Cat as he readied his knife. Below him, Shadow squirmed, looking up at the original version of himself.

"You are weak," Darkness spat at him. "I will make you strong in me!"

"You are an animal," Shadow said calmly. "You are a plague that deserves to perish."

"Oh, enough with that self righteous talk," Darkness said. "Goodbye, Brighton." Darkness flexed his fingers against the knife.

Shadow smiled one last time, "Goodbye, Brighton." 

The knife fell.

Black and purple veins crept up Darkness's arms from the knife as it fell yet again. Darkness smiled as he felt the power roar in himself, restoring part of what was lost. Cheers roared around him as he raised the knife higher in triumph. One more bit of power taken. But how much more would he have to get?

Only time and a scotch would tell.

An hour later, Mythos sat in a velvety green parlor, a drink in front of him, a warlord across the table. Mythos didn't touch the drink, but looked resolutely at the table, the engravings and wonderful craftsmanship. 

Darkness smiled at Mythos, sipping from his drink. Mythos knew by now that it was Darkness' favorite. Scotch. He felt hatred in every bit of him for what this man stood for and who he was. This man! This god! This horrible being! He knew him and that made it all the more worse for Mythos. 

"Doubtless," Darkness said, interrupting Mythos's thoughts rudely, "You haven't had even a sip yet because you don't want to ruin the perfectly made liquor with your spittle. What else could it be?"

"I'm not in the mood," Mythos grunted. "Your foul rites are a perversion against the ancient prophesies! A perversion against the religion you once held and that I still hold dear!"

"Religion is a tool," Darkness said drily, "Nothing more. Have a drink."

"No, I will not be drunken while talking to you!" Mythos said, feeling Valaran rise within him. "I will not fall victim to what trap you have prepared!"

"How mighty the king is in his rags and chains," Darkness said with a chuckle. "The dog barks with little bite."

"Do not toy with me, Brighton," Valaran's shade said, straightening in his seat. "You deserve death!"

"You also, withergeist, you also," Darkness said. "Many deserve death but do not receive it, such is with you and me."

"You are despicable!" He burst out. "You are reprehensible! Abhorrent! Horrible! Heinous-!"

"I see that, you too, have read the dictionary in their free time," Darkness said lightly. "Now, shall we enjoy our drinks, or shall they go to waste?"

Mythos glared at him, searching his mind for a way to respond. Darkness smiled, seeing the thoughts work on Mythos's face.

"My friend," Darkness said, leaning forward, "You are not the same as you were once. Neither am I. Shall we forget the past and move on to the future? You are not Valaran, stop pretending that you are. You don't remember it. Oh, sure," he said, seeing the look on Mythos' face, "You can see how it looked, you have a fragment of his inner thoughts, but you do not have his feelings. You do not have his big ideas or plans. You are not the same ambitious young man who was crowned king. I am not Brighton, I am Darkness. I am forever changed, and so are you."

Mythos gritted his teeth, "Valaran would've defeated you by now. I could've defeated you..."

"You can't." Darkness said, falling back into his seat and having a sip of his drink. "You can't be him. Get over it."

"This is an odd way to manipulate me," Mythos said, finally raising his glass and having a long drink. "It is good." Mythos admired the drink. "However, a good drink does not mean I will join you."

Darkness shrugged, "At least you talk now... Maybe I'll get you to stop being self righteous sometime. For now... I do believe it is time that you are whipped again."

Mythos scowled, "I thought you were trying to be hospitable?"

"Did I ever say that?" Darkness said, grinning. He straightened, his expression turning to a thin line, "Your disrespect is infectious, Mythos. Have fun!" In a commanding tone, he Spoke, words twisting in the air to two guards standing nearby, "Take him away." 

The guards came, grabbing Mythos' arms. Mythos didn't struggle, glaring at Darkness, "I still don't like you!"

"I don't like you either," Darkness said smoothly as they dragged Mythos away to his prison. "We know each other, Mythos, or at least we have memories of our former selves. It's close enough to being friends..."

"Not in my book," Mythos was taken out the door.

Darkness sighed, resting his hands on the seat. His meeting with Mythos had gone exactly as he'd planned it to go. Wonderful. Soon, Mythos would know what it would be like to give freedom willingly and with a smile.

Soon, but not yet.

SUMMARY: Basically, a ritual happens where Darkness sacrifices Shadow in front of a giant crowd and forces Mythos to watch. Afterwards, Darkness starts making it so that Mythos and him are friends, like old times, while he talks to Mythos at a bar in Darkness' palace. If you want more, read the above.

Thanks! But I still read it! You know your writing is so good thaid!

23 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Ak I have no idea for how I should join this.

We are about to go on a quest! Join that!

1 minute ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

Thanks! But I still read it! You know your writing is so good thaid!

I'm glad you liked it! I'll have another coming tomorrow or on Friday. It'll have Spook and Darkness in it most likely.

5 hours ago, Nameless* said:

I agree. It would ruin TLT's future randomness after this plot ends. I also think that we should keep the plot here for now, as it is making the thread quite long. Which is, after all, the goal.