The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

Just now, Nameless said:

"Do you even know all their names? How do you keep track of that many? And what happened to the thousands you made attack withergeists?"

"I do know all their names, I have an extended god brain. the thousands I made attack the withergeists are still warring and have made little progress, they are keeping them at bay though, they have realized that the withergeists can't destroy Ralkalest, also known as aluminum."

Xino correct me if I'm wrong about the Ralkalest.

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Xino correct me if I'm wrong about the Ralkalest.

Yeah you're definitely wrong, and they're definitely all dead.

"I do know all their names, I have an extended god brain. the thousands I made attack the withergeists are still warring and have made little progress, they are keeping them at bay though, they have realized that the withergeists can't destroy Ralkalest, also known as aluminum."

"Right, but how many of them have died?"

Just now, Nameless said:

Yeah you're definitely wrong, and they're definitely all dead.

"Right, but how many of them have died?"

Thaidakar sighed and frowned, "the ones who have died have less mental capacity and humanity, I don't give all of my avatars full sentience, most of the ones I use for foot soldiers are given sets of orders and follow them like robots. But of the ones that are sentient one hundred and twenty seven have died."

1 minute ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Thaidakar sighed and frowned, "the ones who have died have less mental capacity and humanity, I don't give all of my avatars full sentience, most of the ones I use for foot soldiers are given sets of orders and follow them like robots. But of the ones that are sentient one hundred and twenty seven have died."

"One hundred and twenty seven?!" Moni slapped Thaidakar in the face. "You killed a hundred and twenty seven people?"

5 minutes ago, Nameless said:

"One hundred and twenty seven?!" Moni slapped Thaidakar in the face. "You killed a hundred and twenty seven people?"

Thaidakar touched his cheek, "ow!" Thaidakar looked at her, "I didn't kill them, the withergeists did, they died in service to the people of the cosmere and beyond. they did it to save people's lives." Thaidakar drank some of his root, "besides some of them are just me in a different form."

Thaidakar touched his cheek, "ow!" Thaidakar looked at her, "I didn't kill them, the withergeists did, they died in service to the people of the cosmere and beyond. they did it to save people's lives." Thaidakar drank some of his root, "besides some of them are just me in a different form."

“And did they have a choice? If they’d wanted to, would you have let them do something else? Or did you make them for the sole purpose of dying for you?” Moni’s voice rose, a dangerous glint in her eyes. “Did you ever stop to think that maybe their lives were just as valuable as your own? That they deserved to live as they wished?”

Just now, Nameless said:

“And did they have a choice? If they’d wanted to, would you have let them do something else? Or did you make them for the sole purpose of dying for you?” Moni’s voice rose, a dangerous glint in her eyes. “Did you ever stop to think that maybe their lives were just as valuable as your own? That they deserved to live as they wished?”

Thaidakar stepped back, "they died to save everyone, they died to save billions of innocent lives, yes I know you are mad that they did not get to live, 127 lives for countless billions is a price I am willing to pay, these choices are the ones I have to make, being a god isn't as great as some may think."

2 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Thaidakar stepped back, "they died to save everyone, they died to save billions of innocent lives, yes I know you are mad that they did not get to live, 127 lives for countless billions is a price I am willing to pay, these choices are the ones I have to make, being a god isn't as great as some may think."

"To save billions? They can't kill withergeists, the things are incorporable. They can't be beaten using brute force. I thought I told you they were practically invincible to anything besides Narration. All you avatars can do is die!"

2 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

Ash was too lost to really participate, but set up a metaphorical Trolley Problem anyway.

Moni was offended by the unrealism of the problem. Choices were never so cut and dry as killing some people or killing others. Unless crazy serial killers were involved.

Just now, Nameless said:

"To save billions? They can't kill withergeists, the things are incorporable. They can't be beaten using brute force. I thought I told you they were practically invincible to anything besides Narration. All you avatars can do is die!"

Thaidakar frowned, "the avatars have been able to use water against the withergeists, they have saved lives, they have evacuated cities and helped villages, they attacked the withergeists long enough for people to leave their homes to safer locations surrounded by water."

Xino did say something about water affecting them, *crosses fingers that I'm not wrong*

2 minutes ago, Robin Hatter said:

Robin frowned in confusion. Withergeists? Avatars? Is there a war going on? What is happening?

She didn't know, so she sat in the corner and ate caramel popcorn.

Someone appeared next to her and waved hello. 

53 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Thaidakar frowned, "the avatars have been able to use water against the withergeists, they have saved lives, they have evacuated cities and helped villages, they attacked the withergeists long enough for people to leave their homes to safer locations surrounded by water."

Yeah actually that was me on the water thing, and I was totally wrong I think.

"Yeah, evacuating cities is definitely not "attacking the withergeists" like you told me your avatars were doing. And do you expect me to believe that withergeists are attacking cities en masse and no one except you has noticed?" Moni threw up her hands and stalked off angrily.

1 minute ago, AonEne said:

The someone, who was still figuring out their name, nodded; then cleared their throat and tried speaking. "Um, please yes?" 

Someone else handed someone a cup filled with popcorn.

7 minutes ago, AonEne said:

The someone, who was still figuring out their name, nodded; then cleared their throat and tried speaking. "Um, please yes?" 

Robin passed the popc-huh, wait. She frowned at the new popcorn. "Where did that come from?"

Edited by Robin Hatter

7 minutes ago, Nameless said:

"You haven't figure out a name either, I see." Someone else said with a dour expression. "Always tricky, names are."

"Yeah," they admitted. "uh, actually, i'm -" They coughed and started again. "Actually, I'm kind of new to existing? And definitely new to being a Narrator, so I don't know if I'm really doing things right. I don't really know how to do much at all, actually. Do you know where I might find some other Narrators I can ask things of?"