The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

19 minutes ago, Sequence said:

Sequence looked back down. How would that even work?

Before Sequence the darkness faded, revealing a man standing alone on a hill, head bowed. Before him a fallen sword lay glittering in the night, but he made no move to pick it up. He merely watched, face expressionless, until it faded away.

1 hour ago, Nameless said:

They stared Jasper in total silence for an uncomfortable length of time. Someone else absently handed Jasper a donut. "Now's your chance to run, if you're smart enough to take it."

(Please don't Narrate Ene, actually.) 

Hrgm I'm not getting this down right but whatever 

Jasper shook his head and handed back the doughnut. "Thanks, but I'm good." He scanned the group, eyes finally finding his target. "Um, Narrator Ene?" 

Ene's face was torn between surprise and relief, and she took several steps forward to face him. (Anyone standing near them would suddenly have noticed her again, after a stretch of not knowing what she was doing.) "Excuse me? What's going on here?" 

I do have a plan, don't mind me. 

"Why care about the ruin outside?" the Witherlord continued. "When it will only bring you hurt? Simply let go... and when you no longer care, you begin to see the beauty within it. Don't you agree?"

The empty battlefield stretched before Sequence, filled with the corrupted corpses of the fallen.

@Sequence

Nameless what are you doing. :ph34r:

Edited by xinoehp512

4 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Why care about the ruin outside?" the Witherlord continued. "When it will only bring you hurt? Simply let go... and when you no longer care, you begin to see the beauty within it. Don't you agree?" The empty battlefield stretched before Sequence, filled with the corrupted corpses of the fallen.

Sequence thought about it. She really did. Wouldn't it be better to just... not care? It did sound nice...

There was one problem. She did care. She cared about all the people she had killed. She cared about all of the destruction she caused. She cared. And she couldn't just, not care. Sequence looked towards the battlefield, where Unintelligible's sword lay. Where bodies lay strewn about. "No..." She said softly.

22 hours ago, Nameless said:

Thaidakar looked down at his hand, shocked to see a baked pretzel in it.

Thaidakar ate the pretzel as he built an obelisk with an inscription on it, the inscription was, 'this is the obelisk of Elendisel, in memory of the countless lives lost and that will be lost in the war against the withergeists.' Thaidakar sighed, it might be withered but Thaidakar didn't care, as long as he made it he was fine.

15 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

The wanderer folded her arms. "I studied this stuff for four years. I think I know more about how this works than you do."

Thaidakar smiled, "but have you studied Sequence? no. I know Sequence, they will be on our side no matter what."

58 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"No?" the Witherlord replied. "It is within your grasp. You have already accepted my servant into your soul. Simply will it to be... and it will be so."

"No..." Sequence repeated. She stood up, looking the Witherlord in the eye. She didn't have any weapons, and she didn't have any powers (that she was aware of), so she wasn't quite sure what her plan was, here. Sequence held out her hand, as if to summon a Shardblade. Maybe that would frighten the Witherlord...?

7 minutes ago, Sequence said:

"No..." Sequence repeated. She stood up, looking the Witherlord in the eye. She didn't have any weapons, and she didn't have any powers (that she was aware of), so she wasn't quite sure what her plan was, here. Sequence held out her hand, as if to summon a Shardblade. Maybe that would frighten the Witherlord...?

The Witherlord stared dispassionately at Sequence. She began to feel a ghostly tingling sensation.

On 2/26/2022 at 4:30 PM, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

The guards led Micheal to a prison cell, Spook accompanied them and once Micheal was in the cell Spook said, "no use in trying to use your powers, the cell has been reinforced with anti Adonalisium light spheres and metal."

Spook smiled as Micheal glowered at him, suddenly a scream erupted from a nearby cage, inside was a tall man with dark hair and tan skin.

the tall man had a look of pure pain on his face, Micheal widened his eyes, "Spook? why can't I contact Thaidakar here?"

Spook smiled maliciously, "Micheal, Micheal, you were always naive, Thaidakar made you that way. For Thaidakar is as naive as you are, maybe even more. When he abandoned me and forgot about me he formed a connection between us, not one of an avatar and a master, one of a hater and a hated. I hate Thaidakar, he left me abandoned in the sand until I got a rush of power from our previous connection, I was able to freeze Taldain in time for a time so that I could take control and make it my empire."

Micheal cocked his head, "but that doesn't make sense, why would Thaidakar forget about you and leave you here?"

Spook said sadly, "Thaidakar may be Adonalsium, god of the universe, but he is still human, an ignorant one at that."

A look of horror dawned on Micheal as he realized something important.

5 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

The Witherlord stared dispassionately at Sequence. She began to feel a ghostly tingling sensation.

Sequence lowered her hand slowly, shivering. What was that? She wrapped her arms around her stomach.

1 minute ago, Sequence said:

Sequence lowered her hand slowly, shivering. What was that? She wrapped her arms around her stomach.

Thaidakar felt a jolt of unpleasantness, what was that feeling? something was wrong in the world. something related to SEQUENCE. Thaidakar breifly saw Sequence wrapping her arms around her stomach. as suddenly as it had arrived it was gone. 

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

A nail was driven through Sequence's hand-

But though it was just imaginary, it felt real.

Shuddering at the pain, Sequence's eyes widened, and she stared at her bleeding hand. She whimpered softly, gripping the nail.

Thaidakar put his hand to his forehead, someone connected to him was suffering, his connection to them was wavering. Thaidakar suspected it was Sequence as he had seen Sequence for a couple seconds, Thaidakar cursed, what was happening?!

"I used to feel pain," the Witherlord said. His voice was as cold as a starless night. "And the world abandoned me. So now... I have abandoned it." He turned. "I will leave my servant with you. The choice is yours."

With that, he walked off, leaving Sequence to suffer.